The Warhammer News Thread

Mutton

17 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I am calling it tomorrow will be big announcement and SCE and Kruelboyz will go on preorder... and I will miss all the excitement as I have a 12 hour shift ahead of me 😥

well at least you didn't miss anything during your shift

• Haha 2

After a painfully long day it was good to come home and see these comments about my naive optimism. 😅 Also I am not a fan of Warhammer plus which adds a little more sting. 

@HowdyhedbergI suppose I am in the same boat as I am holding off on my SCE until I am done my small BCR army. But I am really excited for the books releasing as I want to know what to expect in the tomes for 3.0. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2

I’m a bit disappointed that the Warclans and Stormcast weren’t announced this week. I painted all the orruks in Dominion and started a path to glory with my group hoping I could grow my force organically as the new stuff got released. It’s looking like I might not get to add any new exciting stuff till the end of the campaign at this rate.

Not the end of the world but kinda annoying, yet again I wish they’d give a heads up when things get delayed. Well I picked up some rockgut troggs today to add as allies to pad my list.

• Like 2

I love the new chariot and I am particularly happy about the archer variant, but I feel like ranged units tend to only work with mass units, warmachines or heroes. So I presume the spear build will be a little better as I think based on the rules you will want to charge. 

I would love to have a heroic option for the Chariot as I want to have a figure like Arjuna within my Stormcast. 

28 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Fly High for Palladors:
AoS KnowYourGryphs Aug23 Boxout3

Tramplin Charge for Stormstrike Chariot:
AoS KnowYourGryphs Aug23 Boxout2

Warning Cry for Gryphhounds (9" to 12" and 3 units-only):
AoS KnowYourGryphs Aug23 Boxout5

Darting attacks for Gruph-hound pack:
AoS KnowYourGryphs Aug23 Boxout6

I mean aside from the chariot, these are just abilities they already had, maybe with slight wording changes.

13 minutes ago, madmac said:

I mean aside from the chariot, these are just abilities they already had, maybe with slight wording changes.

The palladors got changed.  It used to be fly 6d6", but is now a straight up re-deploy.

Warning cry.  This used to be a rule for the gryph hounds.  In this description, it appears to have been changed to affect the accompanying gryph hounds for the Knight-Judicator instead.  Note that accompanying gryph hounds from the old book (ex. Castellent) were individual single models, but counted as part of a completely separate warscroll, while now they are being treated more like crew on a war machine (see the new Lord-Imperitant).

It remains to be seen if the warning cry is still a rule for the independent gryph hounds.  Additionally, the numbers got slightly tweaked (12" range instead of 10", and affecting 3 stormcast units wholly within 12" instead of all wholly within 9").

Darting attacks is still the same though, and the chariot is obviously new.

• Like 1