Warhammer+ discussion

Lowki

How do you feel about Warhammer +?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Will you subscribe?

• No, definately not. It offers nothing or little that I am interested in
    • No definately not. It may have things I would like to have access to, but I don't like to be pressured into it by GW.
    • No, I would like to, but can't afford it
    • No, not for now, but I may change my mind when I have seen it
    • Yes, I have my doubts, but will give it a try
    • yes, because I feel I have no other choice when I want to keep playing the game
    • yes, I love it

On 8/24/2021 at 11:04 AM, SunStorm said:

£10 voucher + the exclusive mini isn't that far off the price of a years subscription really. Especially if you're not planning on keeping the mini and can sell it on and get a good price for it.

I would have tried this if i would get the mini now and not having to wait a year to get it. I dont really trust gw at this moment tbh.

That tenner voucher is going to make them money. It's basically an ince give to get loads of people to buy stuff who otherwise wouldn't, because nobody who gets one is going to spend less than £20 when they use it. For me it's not an incentive for precisley that reason- if I'm buying from GW and not second hand or FLGS, I'm already spending over the odds no matter what it is I'm buying. 

Anybody know how far back the WD archive goes? Thats my only interest at present 

Also how are they managing a cut off for the models? Do you only get one if you pay upfront, or can you pay month by month and still get it after 12? 

Edited by Nos

14 minutes ago, Nos said:

Anybody know how far back the WD archive goes? Thats my only interest at present 

Also how are they managing a cut off for the models? Do you only get one if you pay upfront, or can you pay month by month and still get it after 12? 

You can get the mini either by paying for a full year or by paying monthly for a year.

They have 10 relatively recent issues of White Dwarf at launch with more being added every week, should be able to see them here:

https://warhammer-vault.com/

Could hold off to see how many they add each week?

Edited by Gareth 🍄
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

You can get the mini either by paying for a full year or by paying monthly for a year.

They have 10 relatively recent issues of White Dwarf at launch with more being added every week, should be able to see them here:

https://warhammer-vault.com/

Could hold off to see how many they add each week?

Lol 10. Not the fantastic resource I envisioned 

Thanks for letting me know though 🙂

• Subscriber
33 minutes ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

That's right, it's either way from what I can see. I think they also said you can get it 2 months early if you upgrade from the 40k app. 

When subscribing for 12 months you choose your mini then, although I'm not sure if you can then change it at a later date? 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Soolong said:

For those that have it all ready does the android app have all the content that is on the website and is video content castable from your phone? 

The new Warhammer TV app has the video content - so the animations, Masterclass, battle reports and soon Loremasters will be available there.

Tried casting from my phone to my Chromecast just now and it worked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Subscriber

I actually think GW are trying something here to setup the company for the long term. 

How many years now have they had people telling them that once 3d printing becomes cheaper, it will kill off their business? Trying to diversify the way the company brings in money is a smart move.

The only mistake they have made is the way they have marketed it really. Lets face it, GW have always been keen on hyperbole, so it's not a surprise they hyped it up beyond it's limitations. I think of it more like Warhammer Fanclub.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2021 at 11:49 PM, Lowki said:

Isn't it a bit early to jump into conclussions yet?

This is the internet.  We prove time and time again people jump to conclusions and get very vocal.

I'm not subscribing but,.. i don't have time, nor am i interested in much of it.  I would rather paint or spend time with my family or play a musical instrument in spare time.  I feel my household already has too many subscriptions but i'm not the boss 😉  However I don't think negatively towards it, that would be irrational.  I don't care about hot rod car culture but I drive a car.  I can make use or be part of something in one manner and leave other facets without it being an issue :P  

• Like 1

Just did a one year sub. Sign up was easy, as it knew me from my W40K app sub.

Went to watch videos. Says to sign in. I sign in. It says welcome back. Went to watch videos. Says to sign in. I sign in. It says welcome back. Went to watch videos. Says to sign in. I sign in. It says welcome back. Went to watch videos. Says to sign in. I sign in. It says welcome back ...

Also no info given on if I get the voucher, and if so, how to use it.

Hmm.

45 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Just did a one year sub. Sign up was easy, as it knew me from my W40K app sub.

Went to watch videos. Says to sign in. I sign in. It says welcome back. Went to watch videos. Says to sign in. I sign in. It says welcome back. Went to watch videos. Says to sign in. I sign in. It says welcome back. Went to watch videos. Says to sign in. I sign in. It says welcome back ...

Also no info given on if I get the voucher, and if so, how to use it.

Hmm.

I signed up this morning and had no problems. Sorry to hear you are. I think they did explain that you get the voucher after a mouth of being subscribed. So we should be getting it in late September or early October.

36 minutes ago, frostyeel said:

I'm just curious, how long are the battle reports and the painting masterclass videos? I'm gonna wait till the AoS app is out and there's a bit more content before trying it out myself.

The 1000pts AoS one is 57mins and the 2000pts 40k one is 64mins

Edited by Ledgington
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, frostyeel said:

I'm just curious, how long are the battle reports and the painting masterclass videos? I'm gonna wait till the AoS app is out and there's a bit more content before trying it out myself.

Painting Faces - Pale Skin is 21 mins
Wet Blending is 13 mins
40K battle report is 64 mins
AoS battle report is 57 mins

• Like 2

How many animations are on this platform and how long are they? Is it really just 34 minutes of painting videos and 2 hours of battle reports and however long the lore videos are? Along with 10 fairly recent White Dwarf episodes? 

I've not heard anybody mention that there is a ton of content so far and this is with them prepping several weeks or maybe months to get to this point? How are people expecting a lot of content to be added every week? This WH+ seems to be carried entirely by the same presenters who are also expected to Twitch stream several evenings per week... I love that crew, but they already seem overworked by the company even without WH+ being a thing. I really can't see this service ever becoming a tidalwave of new content. 

This, along with no AoS app at all at launch, is almost laughable... Any other medium or game would be slammed non-stop over this type of launch, but it seems the usual influencers are absolutely foaming at the mouth for anything Warhammer it seems. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nizrah said:

2. That kind of mistakes are very embrassing and silly. 

I am less appalled by them getting some rules wrong (there's a lot of rules and they need to play different armies). What I think they would need is a sort of disclaimer "these battle reports might contain the occasional rules mistake" because I can already see people referring to these as a sort of correct interpretation of certain rules, due to their "GW approved" label

Edited by Marcvs
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

I am less appalled by them getting some rules wrong (there's a lot of rules and they need to play different armies). What I think they would need is a sort of disclaimer "these battle reports might contain the occasional rules mistake" because I can already see people referring to these as a sort of correct interpretation of certain rules, due to their "GW approved" label

I was literally typing that exact thing lol

Yeah they either need to say "we may get some stuff wrong" or else put big flashing "THIS IS A NEW RULE!" warnings when they do show something off so theres no ambiguity about whether it was a mistake or an intentional errata. (Note I wouldnt want them doing FAQ style changes inside paid battle reports but it would be nice to head off that guy)

• Like 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Elmir said:

This, along with no AoS app at all at launch, is almost laughable... Any other medium or game would be slammed non-stop over this type of launch, but it seems the usual influencers are absolutely foaming at the mouth for anything Warhammer it seems. 

There have been comments in nearly every related thread on this forum, including an entire thread of it's own telling people not to sign up due to lack of content, plus a lot of the comments on GW official instragram posts are really negative about it. 

This forum seems to have a varied set of views, some enjoying it, some holding off to see if it improves and some really against it. 

I don't follow GW in any other channels/forums/reddit/etc but to say they haven't faced a large amount of criticism would be false. 

10 minutes ago, SunStorm said:

There have been comments in nearly every related thread on this forum, including an entire thread of it's own telling people not to sign up due to lack of content, plus a lot of the comments on GW official instragram posts are really negative about it. 

This forum seems to have a varied set of views, some enjoying it, some holding off to see if it improves and some really against it. 

I don't follow GW in any other channels/forums/reddit/etc but to say they haven't faced a large amount of criticism would be false. 

Oh yeah, I agree that there's a lot of criticism over it from the general public. I was specifically talking about the more well known influencers out there on Youtube, Twitter or such, not really talking about how little content there actually is in this subscription. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Elmir said:

Oh yeah, I agree that there's a lot of criticism over it from the general public. I was specifically talking about the more well known influencers out there on Youtube, Twitter or such, not really talking about how little content there actually is in this subscription. 

Ah sorry, misunderstood your post then. 

There could be some influencers who generally are positive about it. Not sure if Doug from 2+ Tough would count as an influencer, but he seems to actively make an effort to be positive about things in general, to not put off new players and because of that I know he's helped a lot of people get into (or back into) the hobby. 

On the flipside there maybe influencers who aren't happy, but have decided against making a public fuss over it as they may think that risks their output, especially if they are one of the people who receive advance copies of stuff that GW could cut off. *I'm not saying that GW have threatened that or would do that* but if your channel/platform is relying on all the clicks\views\subs that advanced previews bring, it might just not be worth the risk. 

I don't really follow enough of them to know more about it, but again there will be mixed views out there.

• Like 1

I saw a video with the dudes showing how to play AoS and in the BT moving wrong the minis and I can’t stop laughing. You can add that they don’t even know how the mortal wounds when a thinderstrike works for maximum hilarity.

Edited by Ragest