Broken Realms: Kragnos (Speculation, Theories and Rumours)

Kronos

It’s always exciting when we have a new Character enter the Fray. But t’s even more exciting when a nee God Awakens.

Now we have some rumours to build up some speculation and theories on who we might be expecting. 

What we know

-He’s a God.

-His People are gone.

-The Realms will quake.

What is Speculated

-Order are not happy about his Return: Morathi to Lord Kroak “That which we cannot kill we must redirect”

-He is an overarching or new God for Destruction.

-He is some form of Kurnothi God/Champion.

-He is the Son of Ariel and Orion or Alarielle and Kurnoth (I’d quite like this, Can’t remember where I read it but quite like the notion of a rogue Elf Child and him not being a Goth)

-Possibly linked in some way to Dwarfs/Dispossessed/Duardian going by the designs on his shield.

-“That thrashing immensity took on a sinuous shape: a two-headed serpent, one visage sleek and refined, the other an angular mass of shining horns and fangs.As the latter head moved to tear at the duardin corpses, mangling them into more twisted forms, the former cast its lidless gaze about the chamber before focusing on the two champions.

Geld-Prince. Lord of Gluttony. Enough. Your squabbles avail the Dark Prince not. Make for the howling lands, where the glimmering spear mirrors past and future. There will the banquet be laid out."

Imagery and Teasers

All, some, or possibly none of these images may be Kragnos.

5463BC39-2A32-4367-97EC-5D1DAD94932E.jpeg.2502b4c7be79f08de40f145a12242fa0.jpegDA66815B-CBBC-4487-8FCE-D4A447279857.png.3644a4bf96c429ead2e86c01379f0b31.png88B65F7C-F209-4100-95BC-762963093F55.jpeg.25147cda5f585dd83a7e97f67e1d8bfc.jpegE5F20AE1-B02E-4EA0-AFB8-741845499CC5.jpeg.52c251f76ec20c5ab140d7f8531f62c4.jpeg

Edited by Kronos
  • Thanks 2

On 4/28/2021 at 2:39 PM, DoctorPerils said:

Something tells me that the elk-bear face is Kragnos, and the centaur "only" his herald, because the horns or antlers of the two don't match... Or of course it could be entirely the other way round XD

Actually I dont think the antlers we see left and right of the face are his. I think that's just something its sitting over (like the kind of picture that goes in the front of a battletome). His forehead does seem to indicate tall upward pointing horns.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2021 at 2:19 PM, Kronos said:

It’s always exciting when we have a new Character enter the Fray. But t’s even more exciting when a nee God Awakens.

Now we have some rumours to build up some speculation and theories on who we might be expecting. 

What we know

-He’s a God.

-His People are gone.

-The Realms will quake.

What is Speculated

-Order are not happy about his Return: Morathi to Lord Kroak “That which we cannot kill we must redirect”

-He is an overarching or new God for Destruction.

-He is some form of Kurnothi God/Champion.

-He is the Son of Ariel and Orion or Alarielle and Kurnoth (I’d quite like this, Can’t remember where I read it but quite like the notion of a rogue Elf Child and him not being a Goth)

Imagery and Teasers

All, some, or possibly none of these images may be Kragnos.

5463BC39-2A32-4367-97EC-5D1DAD94932E.jpeg.2502b4c7be79f08de40f145a12242fa0.jpegDA66815B-CBBC-4487-8FCE-D4A447279857.png.3644a4bf96c429ead2e86c01379f0b31.png88B65F7C-F209-4100-95BC-762963093F55.jpeg.25147cda5f585dd83a7e97f67e1d8bfc.jpegE5F20AE1-B02E-4EA0-AFB8-741845499CC5.jpeg.52c251f76ec20c5ab140d7f8531f62c4.jpeg

Thank you for posting this thread in regards to the next star quarterback of The Chicago Bears, but you forgot that there is some speculation that he is somehow related to the Dawi. Have a nice day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm gonna add a few points to speculate:

- The short story "The Golden Son" tales how a two-headed serpent figure sends Glutos and Sigvald to Excelsis.

Spoiler

"That thrashing immensity took on a sinuous shape: a two-headed serpent, one visage sleek and refined, the other an angular mass of shining horns and fangs. As the latter head moved to tear at the duardin corpses, mangling them into more twisted forms, the former cast its lidless gaze about the chamber before focusing on the two champions.

Geld-Prince. Lord of Gluttony. Enough. Your squabbles avail the Dark Prince not. Make for the howling lands, where the glimmering spear mirrors past and future. There will the banquet be laid out."

Kroak tells Gardus the future events are gonna happen in Excelsis, and when Gardus said to Kroak he must go to Excelsis Kroak said NO.

- Games Workshop don't include the new Sylvaneth model in the Kragnos book at this moment.

- The realms and subrealms (I bolded the scenarios with big events) touched by the previous Broken Realms are: Aqshy, Chamon, Ulgu, Hysh, Shysh, Ghyran, Ulg-Hysh, Eightpoints

My point is that the Broken Realms Kragnos are gonna tell us the events of Destruction with the interference of Kroak and Slaanesh, and the Sylvaneth events are gonna occur in the last Broken Realms book we don't know it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Personally, I am expecting BR: Kragnos not to have a lot of Destruction stuff in it. I think this book will only feature non-Destruction armies again, with Destruction getting it's real spot light after. I think this could be either in the form of another Broken Realms book, or a different Broken Realms related product, like an AoS 3 starter/narrative box, or range of boxes.

As weird as as it sounds, I am not yet 100% sure Kragnos will get a model in BR: Kragnos. I think that might come after, either in the interim periode between this book and whatever comes after, or in the next BR release.

So going by those artworks in todays previews it seems to pretty much confirm (to my needy eyes) that the artwork of the Bear elk creature is indeed Kragnos. Same designs as the other BR artwork.

Alsolookslike Monday may be the big reveal.

B892A57A-B167-4144-91AB-8236825AF566.jpeg

07FE7191-C910-4231-8C16-01DF2B376DA0.png

It seems that Kroak is enacting some convoluted great plan of his own through this narrative.  Is it possible that he imprisoned Kragnos so that he could then release him back into the Realms at this particular moment to create a chain of events his great plan requires.  It seems more likely than Kragnos just happens to be freed coincidentally.  We know that Kroak is happy for any amount of damage (required or collateral) to befall order factions in the pursuit of his goals.  Maybe he believes that the isolation of Azyr from the other Realms is undermining the preservation of the whole and Kragnos is the means to bring Azyr back to the fold and reunite the Realms as they should be.  With the Realms aligned as they should be, perhaps the whole will be able to push back against Chaos until the natural equilibrium between the two has been re-established.

• Like 2

I know I'm excited for my Beasts of Chaos!  In the video at the bottom, Jes Bickman mentions that "every faction is gonna get their moment in the sun" in Broken Realms.  BoC hasn't featured much yet so surely, as Jes promised, they will get some major updates in Kragnos.  Surely they will.

He's waiting GW. 

20210503_175426.jpg.6fe6879d5fa1efb94bf402bf8f359dfe.jpg

He's waiting.

20210503_175937.jpg.d1901d84c1a49f01901a0a3980a1bcb5.jpg

Edited by Kamose
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

9 hours ago, Kamose said:

I know I'm excited for my Beasts of Chaos!  In the video at the bottom, Jes Bickman mentions that "every faction is gonna get their moment in the sun" in Broken Realms.  BoC hasn't featured much yet so surely, as Jes promised, they will get some major updates in Kragnos.  Surely they will.

He's waiting GW. 

20210503_175426.jpg.6fe6879d5fa1efb94bf402bf8f359dfe.jpg

He's waiting.

I don't think Khorne have been mentioned in any capacity yet either; to take a guess (and maybe being hopeful), but Skaven, Khorne, and BoC may get at least some small updates in BR: Kragnos. In the same way Fyreslayers and Ossiarchs have

So I rewatched the videos from Monday and took some more notes:

1: The broken realms book was "to change the way the mortal realms work and are viewed forever" 

2: He is a demi god, not a god, and lord of all destruction. He has returned, but his people have gone. 

3: The free citie of "Excelsiss" is under siege from Kragnos. (its in Ghur) If its the same city was made after the realmgate wars, it holds the spear of Mallus which has a stone which allows visions of the future. 

4: Broken Realms Kragnos is the summery of the Broken Realms path

5: Kroak has a pivital role to play in the book (We know Kroak bound him to the mountain)

6: Forces of Life are in ascendancy and is sending forces against those attacking the realm of life

Says he used to go around smashing up the world, destroying empires. 

So my theory with Kragnos is that he has gone and invaded the free citie of Excelsiss to see his future. Using information he gains he leaves GHUR and heads to GHYRAN to the realm of life to resurect his people. Bringing back a race of hard ass destruction things would really impact the mortal realms. This is the reason he hasnt been released with a new faction, because it will give spoilers to him succeeding in Broken Realms: Kragnos  (think chaos varanguard sized beasts like him, a fast very hard hitting army to smash the shooting meta) 

Finally, Remember the video from a few months ago of Morathi:

"Kroak of Lustria, The truth is clear. That which we cannot kill, we must redirect" (Morathi-Khaine)

So Maybe Kroak & Morathi have a chat and realize they need Kragnos to succeed so they can be directed at Chaos (and the new twins) who they Kragnos can have good fight against

• Subscriber

I noticed an interesting call back to the Bonesplitterz in the reveal video. He talks about breaking the bones of monsters and absorbing their power, before saying the green ones understand. The picture even has him breaking a bone surrounding by Orruks. 

Could this herald new Bonesplitterz that have absorbed different powers from monsters?

• Like 3

On 5/4/2021 at 12:13 AM, Kamose said:

He's waiting.

Remember, "every major faction will be getting some attention" in Broken Realms. So I guess we have to conclude that Beasts, Khorne and Skaven are not major factions. ;)

Also, going by the number of times Cities has been featured in Broken Realms, they are the majorest faction of all! Who is the retirement home faction full of old models NOW??? Oh, still Cities? Ok.

Seriously, though, I am with the Warhammer Weekly guys on this: BoC will probably be amongst the first factions to get an AoS 3 battletome. Maybe we can even hope for a range refresh, since those seem to be going around right now.

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Seriously, though, I am with the Warhammer Weekly guys on this: BoC will probably be amongst the first factions to get an AoS 3 battletome. Maybe we can even hope for a range refresh, since those seem to be going around right now.

This my hope as well. I'm a Brayherd goat through and through but I'd love to see some new Bullgors and a new Doombull. Just my opinion but those are some of the ugliest models they've ever made. A new shaggoth model might even get me to expand into Thunderscorn!

But it's just a dream since, as we all know, Beasts, Skaven,and Khorne weren't in Broken Realms and they're getting discontinued. 😉

Oh, also new centigor models please, with lore that states that they are actually Kragnos' lost, corrupted people.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Is it confirmed that BoC, Khorne, and Skaven won't get anything? Obviously no new models, but what about new rules that haven't been mentioned yet?

It's not confirmed, it just looks fairly likely. It's actually kinda hard to say what will happen rules-wise in Kragnos. Obviously, we will get rules for all the new models, and I think it has been mentioned on stream that we will get rules for Excelsis, Gloomspite Gits/Spiderfang and an Alarielle warscroll rewrite. But apart from that things are little up in the air.

However, BR rules updates can be as small as a single battalion and can fit on half a page. It's not at all impossible that we will see some minor rules for BoC, Khorne and Skaven in Kragnos.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, novakai said:

i think they wanted to diversify Destruction so it isn't always heavily greenskin/ Gorkamorka related, that why Kragnos is something totally different for the GA

While I agree variety is good I personally would of liked to of seen something different than a centaur. 

The Model in and of itself is decent enough however i think it treds too much on BoC aesthetics as others have mentioned. 

I still don't believe Gordrakk will bow and hope this isn't the case. 

Interested time ahead for Destro. 🤘