New dwarf army soon? Mixed dwarfs

Doko

On 4/18/2021 at 6:07 PM, Doko said:

So after see all the hints i think is safe say that a bigg wag tome for dwarf is coming?

-fyrrslayer tome speak about it

-kharadron tome too

-broken realm without says spoilers also give huge hints

-the lasts white dwarfs have grombrindal traveling across realms and seeing dwarfs,and this last have been EPIC with someone that seems grugni or grimnir stomping to morathi

So finnally are dwarfs getting some love????

I wouldn't say "soon" so much as a somewhat credible speculation. Definitely not getting them before Shadow Aelves.

I see many negative post about the soup but the options were:

1-get a second wave of minis

2-get a soup tome

3- get nothing

4-get squated

As disposesed and fyreslayer player i would prefer option 1. But i have feared in many moments that both armys were squated due to be old(dispossesed) or be the least popular army(fyreslayer)

So i was one of those haters when city came and i got my dispossesed soup with elf!!!!!!!! And many others.

Short history? Have been the best that i could hope. I have bougth some minis that i loved of elfs and dark elfs but that i never got because i didnt wanted a full army and moreover soup bring soooooo many options that every game i can change my list and have been a blast.

Per example i hate steampunk style so i never got kharadrons,but if we get soup? I gonna get a start collecting or battleforce if it isnt sold yet so i can have more options and it is a small invest(if you compare it to get full army of kharadrons)

1 hour ago, Whitefang said:

I mean, 3.0 is said to heavily focus on Forces of Order reconquest of the realms

Then why can’t dawi retake their mountain Karaks back?

Proper Khazalid Empire of Mountains once again, “dispossessed” no more!

100% this. It will take a United effort of all duardin-kin to make this happen and it will be awesome! There are so many ways that this could work fluff-wise: Grungni is the Maker and can barter with the mercenary KO & Fyreslayers. Grombrindal is the warrior to lead the Dispossessed “home.” I would flip for a United Duardin vs Skaven battlebox stuffed with new minis. They don’t have to stay together forever: 4.0 can see them separate again. But while everyone complains about aelves, no one offers a proper lore solution for dawi— retaking the Karak’s makes the most sense to me. Otherwise, Dispo/Ironweld fade away in CoS, while FS remain unpopular and KO doesn’t get much new stuff for a few years cuz they are near-top of the meta.

On 5/7/2021 at 3:01 PM, Televiper11 said:

I’m the lonely contrarian who wants Duardin soup! I’d like a tome similar to CoS where Grungni convinces Fyreslayers to assist Dispo in reclaiming their holds and you can run mixed FS/Dispo lists w/Grom and/or Gotrek as General. You can take 1/4 KO or Ironweld as support, leaving KO with their own tome and Ironweld w/Cities.

I’d even go for a Big Waaagh type deal with all Duardin units available and you can acquire Rune prayer points to spend.

I want to swarm the skies with Frigates & Gyros. I want Slayers on Magmadroths charging up the board with slow marching Hammerers in support. Any army wants to step to United Duardin, “let them come” and face all that, plus our artillery. Bring it on!

I am with you. I get that people playing KO and FS want to preserve their ranges, but I long for a true varied army of dwarfs. The contrasts between steam punk, slayer crazy, and more traditional dwarfs made for very interesting armies. 

I know that a multi themed army seems to go against the core design philosophy of AoS but still, that’s my preferred approach. Let the specialized options subsist, though, if you also create a soup force.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Televiper11 said:

100% this. It will take a United effort of all duardin-kin to make this happen and it will be awesome! There are so many ways that this could work fluff-wise: Grungni is the Maker and can barter with the mercenary KO & Fyreslayers. Grombrindal is the warrior to lead the Dispossessed “home.” I would flip for a United Duardin vs Skaven battlebox stuffed with new minis. They don’t have to stay together forever: 4.0 can see them separate again. But while everyone complains about aelves, no one offers a proper lore solution for dawi— retaking the Karak’s makes the most sense to me. Otherwise, Dispo/Ironweld fade away in CoS, while FS remain unpopular and KO doesn’t get much new stuff for a few years cuz they are near-top of the meta.

For me ideal situation will be massive campaign with 4 acts

1) 3 armies of dwarfs descend to reclaim Grungni lost hold

2) Ressurection of Grimnir (FS get 2-3 new boxes)

3) Travel to shyish (KO get 2-3 new boxes)

4) Returning of Valaya and reunion of ancestor gods (new dwarven faction based on dispossessed)

New combined battletome.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, cofaxest said:

For me ideal situation will be massive campaign with 4 acts

1) 3 armies of dwarfs descend to reclaim Grungni lost hold

2) Ressurection of Grimnir (FS get 2-3 new boxes)

3) Travel to shyish (KO get 2-3 new boxes)

4) Returning of Valaya and reunion of ancestor gods (new dwarven faction based on dispossessed)

New combined battletome.

Most likely it'll become:

• Combined battletome
  • Kharadron become obediently religious
  • 3 infantry hero boxes are everything that's released. For 25 to 35 euro, without any customisation possible.

44 minutes ago, EchoHavoc said:

After this was posted on the warhammer community page. I think a combined battletome is on the cards in one way or another. 

CBF8AB32-2A9E-478B-8052-D8668B3290FB.jpeg

Pretty much confirmed by Whitefang.

About as welcome as souping up all elves in one battletome.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zilberfrid said:

Most likely it'll become:

• Combined battletome
  • Kharadron become obediently religious
  • 3 infantry hero boxes are everything that's released. For 25 to 35 euro, without any customisation possible.

3 is rather optimistic. If there is a combined tome then there will only be Grungi as god-tier model and nothing else.

• Sad 2

I think from a business point of view it makes sense to soup things together for us. While KO is one of the most popular armies, Fyreslayers is not. 
GW have had a lot of success with this in AoS. for example skaven, cities, clans, slaanesh (mortals and daemons). 

from a lore sense this makes well almost none.
However, even back in fantasy there were always more elf books than anything else. People really shouldn’t compare the two. The simple fact is, elves sell more dwarfs sell less. 

My main army has been Fyreslayers since AoS 1. While I’m not thrilled about the idea of souping us all together. It’s better than having little to no support. So bring it on! 

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, EchoHavoc said:

I think from a business point of view it makes sense to soup things together for us. While KO is one of the most popular armies, Fyreslayers is not. 

It's all about the kits that you can buy and how "special" they feel.

If your models all look the same, are expensive and their big "centerpiece" have bad rules for about 4 years... believe me, it will be hard to sell.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, EchoHavoc said:

GW have had a lot of success with this in AoS. for example skaven, cities, clans, slaanesh (mortals and daemons). 

However, even back in fantasy there were always more elf books than anything else. People really shouldn’t compare the two. The simple fact is, elves sell more dwarfs sell less. 

My main army has been Fyreslayers since AoS 1. While I’m not thrilled about the idea of souping us all together. It’s better than having little to no support. So bring it on! 

I really like the lore of Fyreslayers, but they dropped the ball on the models.

If you look at their faces, they are mostly neutral. No beard disguises expressions THAT much. Their posing is also really static. Now I know AoS got into more dynamic posing only later, but it makes them look a bit boring.

If we'd take the weapons away, the dwarves themselves, heroes and infantry alike, are just about interchangable.

Souping means no new boxes, which means the Fyreslayer design space will not be explored. So no model for this.

F_Fyreslayer.jpg.df602d351ada30abb70fe118ae4c2313.jpg.e488beed85d3876ad17d544b5d01cfc0.jpg

For Kharadron, it means that GW will consider melee infantry more than filled, so no steamAethersuit melee troops.

steam_guard_p_01.jpg.d56c47ea24330d47e751c9c3f8d23f5c.jpg

dwarves_steam_thunders_p_01.jpg.5e2be58c2b0807aa435303d023b87d67.jpg

We also miss the opportunity for a different take on shirtless dwarves (not really, but came across it and had to share).

cherub_dwarf_01.jpg.7485a0d75174faa99eb9935a97aae0a2.jpg

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, EchoHavoc said:

I see it like how Spiderfang is treating in the Gloomspite book. Mostly different culture, very different units, but Spiderfang don't have the popularity to be their own faction at the moment. I rather them be part of Gloomspite than being an awkward 3 kit tiny faction on their own.

If both KO and Fyreslayers got the big Lumineth treatment that would be great, but Order is already having big faction bloat and the Elf fanbase in fiction always seems to be bigger. I would not be surprised if Grungni made a strained alliance of Duardin.

Edit: Also for everyone saying "Soup means no new kits," when Gloomspite souped Moonclan, Troggoths, and Spiderfang they got like 10 new kits, terrain, and spells. It isn't impossible that this would add new KO, Fyreslayers, or Dispossessed units. It isn't guaranteed obviously, but it's still in the realm of possibility.

Edited by dirkdragonslayer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

I really like the lore of Fyreslayers, but they dropped the ball on the models.

If you look at their faces, they are mostly neutral. No beard disguises expressions THAT much. Their posing is also really static. Now I know AoS got into more dynamic posing only later, but it makes them look a bit boring.

If we'd take the weapons away, the dwarves themselves, heroes and infantry alike, are just about interchangable.

Souping means no new boxes, which means the Fyreslayer design space will not be explored. So no model for this.

F_Fyreslayer.jpg.df602d351ada30abb70fe118ae4c2313.jpg.e488beed85d3876ad17d544b5d01cfc0.jpg

For Kharadron, it means that GW will consider melee infantry more than filled, so no steamAethersuit melee troops.

steam_guard_p_01.jpg.d56c47ea24330d47e751c9c3f8d23f5c.jpg

dwarves_steam_thunders_p_01.jpg.5e2be58c2b0807aa435303d023b87d67.jpg

We also miss the opportunity for a different take on shirtless dwarves (not really, but came across it and had to share).

cherub_dwarf_01.jpg.7485a0d75174faa99eb9935a97aae0a2.jpg

I completely agree with you on this GW really dropped the ball on the models. Because they were one of the first AoS releases, it felt rushed and honestly just wasn’t up to the standard of today’s models.

The good news is the models that GW are producing now (in my opinion) are fantastic. So here’s hoping we have that to look forward to. 
I would love to see GW get more dynamic with the dwarfs as the lore is so vast and there’s so much more they could do with them. I think the risk is will they sell models. They know they can do almost anything wi the elves and they will sell bucket loads. Whereas with us they are a more selected taste. 

I really hope something happens with Disposessed to make them more of a thing. I had a sizable Dwarf army back in WFB and really loved the lore. I've been pining for a way to recreate the classic dwarf aesthetic without having to soup in additional cities models or use counts-as stand-ins.

Coming late to AoS, the lack of options in Fyreslayers was a bit of a turn-off and KO never appealed. A few new classic style kits and dispossed mixed with Fyreslayers would suit me fine personally... GW could take my money.

• Like 3

I think GW really have 3 options:

They can soup all the dwarfs together and maybe we get a release a decent release and then probably won’t get looked at again for 3-4 years.

They could keep us all separate and introduce another dwarf faction. Or just keep things as the are and don’t introduce anything new (faction wise)

They could soup Slayers with this new faction and keep KO separate.

From a business perspective it makes the most sense to push KO hard as they are incredibly popular (or at they were). Then they have a choice between pushing slayers which history says aren’t that popular or souping slayers with a new “improved” faction. 

If any dwarf faction was to get the LRL treatment it would either be KO or a new faction. That’s not going to happen to slayers.

Honestly speaking if I was them. I’d do like a huge release for Slayers, KO and a Duardin army lead by Grungni, grombrindal and maybe Valaya. Probably wrap it all into one and call it a day for a bit on the little folk. See how the sales go and then revisit them in a few years if sales go well.

a lot of the rumours going around are that armies which haven’t had a second wave of models will get them. If this is true then I’d expect both KO and slayers to stay separate.

Edited by EchoHavoc

2 minutes ago, EchoHavoc said:

I completely agree with you on this GW really dropped the ball on the models. Because they were one of the first AoS releases, it felt rushed and honestly just wasn’t up to the standard of today’s models.

The good news is the models that GW are producing now (in my opinion) are fantastic. So here’s hoping we have that to look forward to. 
I would love to see GW get more dynamic with the dwarfs as the lore is so vast and there’s so much more they could do with them. I think the risk is will they sell models. They know they can do almost anything wi the elves and they will sell bucket loads. Whereas with us they are a more selected taste. 

It would be good news that GW is better at making models if they didn't just tape the dwarven factions to one another. This probably means that they are not going to make any dwarven models for AoS (except an overpriced hero, maybe two) in the coming years.

Since there have been two Squats in Necromunda and there have been a few hints otherwise, there's a better chance that 40k/Necromunda/Kill team will get an unit box of dwarves than AoS.

1 minute ago, EchoHavoc said:

I think GW really have 3 options:

They can soup all the dwarfs together and maybe we get a release a decent release and then probably won’t get looked at again for 3-4 years.

They could keep us all separate and introduce another dwarf faction. Or just keep things as the are and don’t introduce anything new (faction wise)

They could soup Slayers with this new faction and keep KO separate.

From a business perspective it makes the most sense to push KO hard as they are incredibly popular (or at they were). Then they have a choice between pushing slayers which history says aren’t that popular or souping slayers with a new “improved” faction. 

If any dwarf faction was to get the LRL treatment it would either be KO or a new faction. That’s not going to happen to slayers.

Honestly speaking if I was them. I’d do like a huge release for Slayers, KO and a Duardin army lead my Grungni, grombrindal and maybe Valaya. Probably wrap it all into one and call it a day for a bit on the little folk. See how the sales go and then revisit them in a few years if sales go well.

a lot of the rumours going around are that armies which haven’t had a second wave of models will get them. If this is true then I’d expect both KO and slayers to stay separate.

I do trust Whitefang, and they pretty much said outright dwarves will be pulped into a new battletome which serves Grungni.

GW marketing would try and sell taping FS and KO together as a new wave of models for both.

If they hate dwarves that much, I don't have hopes for a Valaya faction.

2 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

It would be good news that GW is better at making models if they didn't just tape the dwarven factions to one another. This probably means that they are not going to make any dwarven models for AoS (except an overpriced hero, maybe two) in the coming years.

Since there have been two Squats in Necromunda and there have been a few hints otherwise, there's a better chance that 40k/Necromunda/Kill team will get an unit box of dwarves than AoS.

Again I couldn’t agree more. I really hope we are wrong and GW gives us the treatment we deserve. However, I’ve got a suspicion that won’t happen. I’d love to be proven wrong though. 
having said that, I do think KO are going to see a release either this year or next. Depending on timings etc. They are just too popular to be left out in the dark. They have become an almost iconic AoS army and they are heavily in the lore. 
However, because of the way GW have done Slayers they are almost half AoS half fantasy/old world.

2 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

I do trust Whitefang, and they pretty much said outright dwarves will be pulped into a new battletome which serves Grungni.

GW marketing would try and sell taping FS and KO together as a new wave of models for both.

If they hate dwarves that much, I don't have hopes for a Valaya faction.

Who is Whitefang? Is he/she/they a trusted rumour site or person?

To be honest I wouldn’t mind a united battletome that much. I mainly play the game for tournaments and having access to both armies would benefit me hugely. 

From a lore view point well it sucks!

9 minutes ago, EchoHavoc said:

Who is Whitefang? Is he/she/they a trusted rumour site or person?

To be honest I wouldn’t mind a united battletome that much. I mainly play the game for tournaments and having access to both armies would benefit me hugely. 

From a lore view point well it sucks!

Whitefang is someone "in the know", but often quite vague (quite a staple in the Rumour thread). About this, they seemed pretty clear.

I don't care about rules, and not that much about lore and know that's just a way to sell models, but smearing a god all over the only faction that wasn't already full of that it destroys Kharadron for me.

Edited by zilberfrid