Warhammer - The Old World

Gareth 🍄

31 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I would say they have had this issue for at least 4 to 6 months now.

I must say, I kind of like this aspect of TOW. The (seriously, embarassing) literal impossibility to buy models for most of the armies means that everyone in my community who doesn't have a pre-existing collection is looking for alternative ranges, 3d prints, kitbashing and so on. Add to this the almost mandatory use of movement trays and the game is, at least at launch, a miniature agnostic system set into the Warhammer Fantasy world. We don't have a presence of "official tournaments" in my area/community so I hope this initial direction will remain part of the Old World experience.

Speaking of which, here's my first unit of Glade Guards made out of the Northern Alliance minis for Kings of War + a home-made mini-movement tray:

IMG_20240118_090512.jpg.e7889ecc86f9e9b868f86740ee395533.jpg

The project is called The Winter Court (hence the icy/snowy theme) and will be a Winterheart Wood Elves army.

Edited by Marcvs
  • Like 3

The two new characters are really nice sculpts! Kinda shocked they didn't give them any new plastic kits at all though.. However the extent of the range they are bringing back is fantastic- the troll hag is excellent and some of the made to order stuff is brilliant - the old stone trolls. the marauder giant! 

I don't recognise the command groups - are they old forge world kits brought back?

Thinking I'll probably just be picking up the odd metal kit and character for my dwarfs when they get released, but seriously excited by the scope of the O&G release in terms of vintage. There are some cracking old models out there, and back in metal too...

Just now, EonChao said:

That shaman is really cool. I’m a little sad that there’s no new plastics but definitely some kits I might grab for nostalgia purposes (especially the MTO Marauder Giant and Wyvern)

Yes , hopefully next year once they get re-established there will be new plastic kits for the factions coming out.

Just now, Gareth 🍄 said:

The Marauder Giant is going to be Made to Order 😲

Yes! Some real classics coming back!!!

I guess this means we'll be getting armies back one at a time now, rather than the "verses" pairs we had anticipated?

Unless of course there's a Dwarf reveal today too. Any news from anyone actually at Warhammer World? 

• Like 1

So the prediction they'd pull an Uno Reversal after the Dwarf dice and revealed Orcs & Goblins came true. 

Kind of surprised they're not putting out a big centrepiece model, which I'm fairly sure they said was happening for all the armies? Or I could be misremembering hearsay as WarCom fact. This probably does quash the Empire vs O&G Summer rumour then.

While the Battalion isn't flashy, having a cheaper jumping off point than the £150/£175 boxes does make some sense, even if the savings won't be quite as good. It certainly makes the buy-in easier for people who are on the fence. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic

Amazing!
A shame that there isn't new plastic, but the range is pretty complete as it is. All the resin stuff looks good, the shaman really has some swampcalla vibes with his own "pot grot" and everything, won't be surprised if he pops up in several krulebiyz armies.
Ald talking about shamans....the shaman on wyvern is back! As someone who started with the 4th edition box and had it on paperboard the nostalgia just sucker punched me. 

And curious about the armies of infamty, thou. First, because I though all the waaaghs were nomadic, and second, because I didn't expect a troll army at all. But with the hag returning it can be interesting.

8 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Curiously we got the dwarf dice leaked and we are getting O&G releases first instead.

Was the "leaked" roadmap confirmed in the event at some point?

From what I can tell, the leaked roadmap was actually someone’s guess for what the roadmap would be that was then shared around as a leak. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Unfortunately they did not provide any release date. But I am little bit worried. If it will come too soon they have no chance to satisfy the demand. I wasn't able to order a single Bretonnian mini so far because of their scarcity and hope I won't have to wait a year for reprint.

1 minute ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

They mention Classic Ogres there too...

I'm wondering how classic, I still have my Jes Goodwin ogres which are excellent.

I would have liked them to bring back the older plastic night goblins, a bit bigger than the current ones but I thought they had bags of character..

8 minutes ago, YoghurtKobold said:

Unfortunately they did not provide any release date. But I am little bit worried. If it will come too soon they have no chance to satisfy the demand. I wasn't able to order a single Bretonnian mini so far because of their scarcity and hope I won't have to wait a year for reprint.

My store talked with GW and told them we would have the Bretonian stock back in a few weeks. So we won't have to wait that long.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1