Warhammer - The Old World

16 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

That was the case for metal and resin minis, though plastics were sculpted at three times the scale (before the adoption of more CAD and such).

Hereโ€™s some for the old SM veterans, as shared by Darren Latham on twitter:ย ย ย 

image.jpeg

How did they shrink them?

56 minutes ago, Glutos said:

that's a very cool Chaos lord

ย 

They say the new models are metal though, I remember metal models being a hell to build back when I had them in 2006 (the death guard daemon prince's arm kept falling off)

are the metal sculpts better to wok with these days?

They are OK for human-sized characters. IMO, metal is preferable to resin for those.

If you use super glue to attach their arms, they will fall off if you drop the mini. However, you can syringes of liquid 5 minute, 2 part epoxy easily these days which will be a much more resilient bond.

3 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

The cat is out of the bag now with the dice, so that would be my guess too. Especially if they're only revealing the one.

Yeah they could flip it and show O&G just to mess with us!

My wallet is a bit nervous about this weekend...๐Ÿ˜‚

Just now, silverstu said:

I could see it. Especially when they largely led with Bretonnia the first time around and may want to hype up a 'Evil' army more so this time. I am probably reading way too much into that, mind.

Watch it turn out to be Wood Elves or something.

I wonder if they are going to stick with the 2 armies at a time following on from Brets and Tomb Kings? Or will we see a change up and have 1 army at a time each couple of months?ย 

Edited by Hollow

4 hours ago, sandlemad said:

That was the case for metal and resin minis, though plastics were sculpted at three times the scale (before the adoption of more CAD and such).

Hereโ€™s some for the old SM veterans, as shared by Darren Latham on twitter:ย ย ย 

image.jpeg

Scale creep getting really out of hand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The dismounted lord looks, he looked better in the older pictures. But all in all it's a nice mini and will probably look better with a more muted face/head.

10 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

So they are a little more slim? :)

Is there a specific comparison you want to see? I am going to do a print tomorrow.

ย 

• Like 1

I just read on another forum that all the CoS dwarfs are out of stock. Which ofcourse is not so rare anymore with GW products. But I wonder if the rumours that a dwarfs release for TOW will be sooner than later that they will be repackaged? It will be a bit ackward to see the same unit in different boxes? Pure logistics wise it would also be a strange decision.

1 hour ago, Tonhel said:

I just read on another forum that all the CoS dwarfs are out of stock. Which ofcourse is not so rare anymore with GW products. But I wonder if the rumours that a dwarfs release for TOW will be sooner than later that they will be repackaged? It will be a bit ackward to see the same unit in different boxes? Pure logistics wise it would also be a strange decision.

dwarfs have been for a long time only the clasical white box,so they arent getting new boxes

8 hours ago, Tonhel said:

The dismounted lord looks, he looked better in the older pictures. But all in all it's a nice mini and will probably look better with a more muted face/head.

Is there a specific comparison you want to see? I am going to do a print tomorrow.

ย 

Theyโ€˜ve got the new men at arms on their patreon. Iโ€˜d want to know how they compare to Steelhelms :)

thx for the effort so far!

13 hours ago, silverstu said:

In the last stream Valrak said next armies are O&G followed by Dwarfs.ย 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Doko said:

dwarfs have been for a long time only the clasical white box,so they arent getting new boxes

Maybe they are re-packing all dwarfs for TOW?

I mean, if the main rumors point out to Orcs&Goblins and Dwarfs release, that means that GW need to have some stock packed with the new The Old World packaging ready for that release.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

Theyโ€˜ve got the new men at arms on their patreon. Iโ€˜d want to know how they compare to Steelhelms :)

thx for the effort so far!

They aren't ready to download yet. Probably this week. I can't wait to print those pegasus knights. I will print a couple of men at arms too. I will keep you updated.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

pegasus knights

Exactly Iโ€˜d like to order them from their print on demand service since I currently donโ€™t have the setup to print anything myself.

Do you have any experience with their PoD service? (The material especially)

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

Maybe they are re-packing all dwarfs for TOW?

I mean, if the main rumors point out to Orcs&Goblins and Dwarfs release, that means that GW need to have some stock packed with the new The Old World packaging ready for that release.

They probably repacking all this stuff shown in the warcom/corebook/armybooks

gdI8q2H3pQKXILvE.jpg

ย 

WjpZD9Q.jpg

Edited by cyrus

59 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Exactly Iโ€˜d like to order them from their print on demand service since I currently donโ€™t have the setup to print anything myself.

Do you have any experience with their PoD service? (The material especially)

No, I think this is something you will have to test. If you have to believe their text about their PoD service you will receive perfection. ๐Ÿ˜„

ย 

Think of our on-demand printing as your personal fabrication workshop. Instead of mass-producing items and letting them gather dust, we create each piece specifically for you, the moment you click โ€˜orderโ€™. Using our specially formulated ABS resin, we ensure that your products are top-notch and tailored to your needs. Our state-of-the-art techniques mean that every little detail is meticulously crafted, ensuring perfection in every piece.

While we try our best to keep some popular items on the shelf to speed things up, the beauty of on-demand is that itโ€™s made to order, just for you. Itโ€™s all about crafting your personal vision into reality, one layer at a time!

ย 

ย 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Screenshot_2024-01-15-18-27-04-39.jpg.840e60d5625e3eda4e9b14f572b51f1f.jpg

Cant unsee the Warcraft 3 character portrait.

I love this sculpt though for what they've done with a model this old!

Give him a cigar and some sunglasses, and heโ€™d look perfect

3 hours ago, cyrus said:

In the last stream Valrak said next armies are O&G followed by Dwarfs.ย 

Yeah Iโ€™m quit intrigued.

i think the biggest question Iโ€™m currently asking myself is if those two faction will be getting some new model.

personally Iโ€™m not expecting much but a remade hero and maybe an infantry unit would be awesome for both faction. Just think how plastic newly made dwarf warriors or ork boys could look like