Gareth 🍄

27 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Dragon 

Tomb king

40 spearmen

32 archers

16 light/heavy cavalry

3 chariots

Been a while since GW made a box this big, at least for a non-starter kit.

That amount of models is straight up insane. I remember when I started Tomb Kings with their battalion box (16 Spearmen, 16 Archers, 8 Cav and 3 Chariots) and the amount of grey plastic was already completely paralysing to me as a beginner.

I cannot imagine building 60 of those old skeleton kits in the year 2024 and not immediately losing interest.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sir Grimm said:

The unit next to the Dragon seems like a new infantry unit. Check the skeleton leg poses and shield designs. My eyes might be playing tricks, but seems like it to me!

The guys to the left of it in the group shot? Those are the regular Tomb Kings skeletons, I'd recognize that weird ballet pose anywhere:

20231214_210639.jpg.5914f06cbc0682b0503f963225834526.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

So that means the 4 in the Bretonnia box should be the Men-at-Arms, archers, Knights of the Realm, and Pegasus Knights? Would explain the Warhammer Day Preview and match pretty well with what we got in Tomb Kings.

Also means the 4 returning models for Tomb Kings are in there. Which means we only have 3 or 4 left to get revealed. One new duel unit and a few more resin heroes.

Edited by RyantheFett
  • Like 2

Well, this confirms the TK boxset rumour from Valrak:

New Valrak rumours

Summary:
Release Q1 2024
Boxset contents:
Each box get their own core rulesets (probably means core rulebook in both boxes?)

Bretonnia: 70+ models
Big chunk of Men-at-Arms (two units?)
Big chunk of Archers
Two lances of Knights
Unit of three Pegasus knights
Lord on Pegasus

Only the Lord on Pegasus will be new, everything else is old fantasy models

Tomb Kings: 90+ models
Skeletons
Archers
Knights (Necropolis Knights?)
Chariots
Lich riding a Dragon

again only the Lich will be new

So safe to assume that the Bretonnia contents are true.

Edited by Sathrut
  • Like 4

47 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Then it is overpriced, imo. Even if there's 93 models.

The dragon will be £100 when released separately and the rulebook will be £30+ so I don't think £175 is to bad especially when you factor in the 20% discount from  3rld party sellers. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

The dragon will be £100 when released separately and the rulebook will be £30+ so I don't think £175 is to bad especially when you factor in the 20% discount from  3rld party sellers. 

No way the dragon would be 100 pounds. It has to be cheaper than AoS. As 30k is cheaper than 40k.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hollow said:

I'd be very surprised if they price it more than Greater Demons which are for both their mainline systems. I see it more around £70/£80 (Similar to Glutos

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

No way the dragon would be 100 pounds. It has to be cheaper than AoS. As 30k is cheaper than 40k.

Okay, it might be £95 like the greater demons and gobsprak, maybe £90 like the cities manticore or £105 like kragnos. 

I think it will be around the £90 - £100 mark, I hope I'm wrong but can't see it being anything less. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ogregut said:

Okay, it might be £95 like the greater demons and gobsprak, maybe £90 like the cities manticore or £105 like kragnos. 

I think it will be around the £90 - £100 mark, I hope I'm wrong but can't see it being anything less. 

Nah. There would be more plastic in the sprues than in those bones! I am hoping for the box to be around 120 - 140 pounds. Those old as hell minis have to lower the price some how.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

with boxes so big and juicy as this gonna be a hell resist to buy the high elf,wood elf,dwarfs,skaven and vampire counte when be released lol

by the way what gonna happen with updated units as saurus guards,skeleton,bats,wolfs etc? they gonna use the new of aos or the old of fantasy.

skeletons and wolfs can be used with no problems,but the saurus gonna be a challenge to get in square and ranks

• Confused 1

45 minutes ago, Doko said:

with boxes so big and juicy as this gonna be a hell resist to buy the high elf,wood elf,dwarfs,skaven and vampire counte when be released lol

by the way what gonna happen with updated units as saurus guards,skeleton,bats,wolfs etc? they gonna use the new of aos or the old of fantasy.

skeletons and wolfs can be used with no problems,but the saurus gonna be a challenge to get in square and ranks

As neither VC or Lizardmen are core armies, don't expect boxes like the TK for them anytime soon.

As for old units that got updated in AoS? At the moment nobody knows. They've shown the 6th Ed metal Treeman and not the 8th Ed plastic Treeman, the latter staying in AoS, but Irondrakes are in TOW and still in AoS.

New base sizes take care of ranking issues, which was probably done in part to allow for updated units to be used in TOW.

Edited by Sathrut

30 minutes ago, Doko said:

Imo they would always try to go to the older stuff.

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Then it is overpriced, imo. Even if there's 93 models.

I dunno, it’s overpriced in the sense that everything by GW is overpriced but for comparison that heresy box has a little over half the miniatures of the tomb kings one. And a bunch of the tomb kings are cavalry and chariots.

Of course the issue is that this box is built around the chunky old Harryhausen skeletons…

Edited by sandlemad

Depending on the price of the boxes, I do wonder if they'll be shooting themselves in the foot if only Bretonnians and Tomb Kings are getting these boxes initially. I imagine a lot of people who are more interested in Empire, Orcs & Goblins, Dwarfs, etc will simply choose to hold off on building an army straight away if they expect a big discount bundle - with a rulebook and everything - will be releasing in the future, especially with the rumours of Empire vs Orcs in Summer.

Unless of course they drop all of them immediately (or at least reveal them), in which case my concern would be unfounded. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Depending on the price of the boxes, I do wonder if they'll be shooting themselves in the foot if only Bretonnians and Tomb Kings are getting these boxes initially. I imagine a lot of people who are more interested in Empire, Orcs & Goblins, Dwarfs, etc will simply choose to hold off on building an army straight away if they expect a big discount bundle - with a rulebook and everything - will be releasing in the future, especially with the rumours of Empire vs Orcs in Summer.

Unless of course they drop all of them immediately (or at least reveal them), in which case my concern would be unfounded. 

yes for sure,i am one of those,i would like start a wood elf army(so i have a excuse to start sylvaneths also with kurnoth hunters as the treekin and durthu as durthu etc) but now i gonna wait for when wood elfs get their turn.

• Confused 1

It's hard to say without knowing prices, but I think the box looks great. If they keep a reasonable price - and they totally should, considering those old minis  recovered their cost decades ago- I prefer this to boxes with two armies (one you'll want to sell).

But it's GW, so we better cross our fingers.