AoS 2 - Ossiarch Bonereapers Discussion

Still-young

4 minutes ago, Nasnad said:

Is it correct that the relentless discipline points don't carry over between battle rounds? have been hearing differently from different reviews of the battletome

Unfortunately, yes. "When you generate your relentless discipline points at the start of the battle round, any that you had left over from the previous battle round are lost." Straight from the book.

3 minutes ago, Heijoshin said:

It affects both wounds and mortal wounds, as per the reading here: 

https://youtu.be/Whg32GhCqVE?t=1169

I do have a question about this very spell though: Does this stack with the 6+ after save the whole army gets? So roll for the 5+ and then after roll the 6+ afterwards? (Same question for all the combonations of wound negation there is with the general army trait. 

He misread it, it only affects mortal wounds. You can look at it yourself if you zoom in. And yes, all save-after-save rolls stack in the way you described.

Edited by chosen_of_khaine
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, chosen_of_khaine said:

He misread it, it only affects mortal wounds. You can look at it yourself if you zoom in. And yes, all save-after-save rolls stack in the way you described.

You are right! I thought I could rely on someone reading from a book :D

Thanks for the clarification on the stacking as well! 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, christophe said:

No archer as a 3rd battline is such a missed opportunity...

Design wise I don't know if they need them. The troops themselves are tough enough without letting them be a screen for archers. As it stands archers could easily be a bit too powerful to add or could end up too weak to consider taking over close combat troops or the trebuchet. 

Visually though I really agree and would have loved to see some archers. Either foot or (and) on mounted back. I don't think we'd have a chance of seeing any though until 3.0 and a new Battletome to adjust the balance of the faction. 

Trying to build some lists with a bit of variety. What do you think of this:

Legion: Petrifex Elite

LEADERS

Boneshaper (130)

Liege-Kavalos (200)

Soulmason (140)

BATTLELINE

20 Mortek Guard (260)

20 Mortek Guard (260)

5 Kavalos Deathriders (180)

BEHEMOTH

Gothizzar Harvester (200)

ARTILLERY

Mortek Crawler (200)

OTHER UNITS

3 Necropolis Stalkers (200)

3 Immortis Guard (200)

ENDLESS SPELLS

Bone-tithe Shrieker (30)

2000pts

• Like 1

Just now, Overread said:

@Sandor don't forget weapons. Deathriders and Mortek both have spears and swords as options. 

Spears on mortek guard. Swords on deathriders. I also didn’t assign command trait and artefact. But i mean, that i need to know the army more to know what will be the best options.

but i think there is farily much room for a lot of different models. Of course id you take katakros, you’ve already spent 1/4 your points, but this is not bad, and you could easily swap immortis to stalkers or an extra harvester.

2 minutes ago, Sandor said:

I also didn’t assign command trait and artefact. But i mean, that i need to know the army more to know what will be the best options.

Without a battalion you are kinda stuck with the artifact and command ability anyway

Here’s a go on another list with Katakros:

Legion: Mortis Praetorians

LEADERS

Katakros (500) - General

Boneshaper (130)

Soulmason (140)

Arch Kavalos Zandtos (220)

BATTLELINE

20 Mortek Guard (260) - Spears

10 Mortek Guard (130) - Swords

10 Mortek Guard (130) - Swords

OTHER UNITS

2 Morghast Harbingers (210) - Halberds

2 Morghast Harbingers (210) - Halberds

ENDLESS SPELLS

Bone-tithe Shrieker (30)

Nightmare Predator (40)

2000pts

Edited by Sandor
  • Like 1

Fun list idea:

Petrifex Elite

Nagash (880)

3 Immortis Guard (200)

20 Mortek Guard (260)

20 Mortek Guard (260)

20 Mortek Guard (260)

Whatever Endless Spells you want

Nagash saves on 2+, shifts his wounds to his guard, heals his guard, rezzes Morteks for free every turn, blasts enemy heroes with 8 spells a turn, heals himself if he somehow takes a wound, Mortek just take objectives and rez all day.

Might be stupid, but sounds hilariously fun. :)

Okay, I ran the damage numbers for Immortis Guard vs Stalkers.  Here are the results:

-1 rend comes from the Petrifex Elite command ability, +1 attack from Endless Duty, +1 to hit from either Katakros command ability or Bone Tithe Shrieker, +2 to hit from both Katakros and Shrieker

These were run against a target with a 4+ save.

Immortis Guard  
Immortis Guard 6.444444
Immortis Guard -1 Rend 7.666667
Immortis Guard +1 Attack 9.666667
Immortis Guard +1 to Hit 7.888889
Immortis Guard +2 to Hit 8.222222
Immortis Guard All (+1 to Hit) 14.16667
Immortis Guard All (+2 to Hit) 14.83333

Immortis Guard (Command Ability to pile in again)
Immortis Guard 8.444444444
Immortis Guard -1 Rend 10
Immortis Guard +1 Attack 12.66666667
Immortis Guard +1 to Hit 10.22222222
Immortis Guard +2 to Hit 10.88888889
Immortis Guard All (+1 to Hit) 18.33333333
Immortis Guard All (+2 to Hit) 19.66666667

Necropolis Stalkers (Reroll Saves)  
Necropolis Stalkers 4.62963
Necropolis Stalkers -1 Rend 5.703704
Necropolis Stalkers +1 Attack 5.777778
Necropolis Stalkers +1 to Hit 5.925926
Necropolis Stalkers +2 to Hit 6.481481
Necropolis Stalkers All (+1 to Hit) 9.111111
Necropolis Stalkers All (+2 to Hit) 10

Necropolis Stalkers (+1 Damage and -1 Rend)
Necropolis Stalkers 10.40740741
Necropolis Stalkers -1 Rend 11.88888889
Necropolis Stalkers +1 Attack 12.88888889
Necropolis Stalkers +1 to Hit 13.25925926
Necropolis Stalkers +2 to Hit 14.25925926
Necropolis Stalkers All (+1 to Hit)
Necropolis Stalkers All (+2 to Hit) 20

The main thing here is with the +1 attack Endless Duty ability it gives each stalker and extra attack with the halberd plus another 1-2 with the shield.  Meanwhile each Stalker only gets one extra attack period.  Also the shields can generate mortal wounds which do not stop the damage sequence.  So increasing those attacks has a major effect.

It is very command point intensive, though.

Edited by Emissary
Fixed a data point in Necropolis Stalkers
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Tronhammer NZ said:

The extra pile in on Immortis is only for the shield attacks aye?

Correct.  The extra attack calculated above does not include a second round of halberd attacks.  If it did it would just be double the values in the initial set.

• Like 1

I'm running some simulations and I see that the Dread Falchions are only better than the Spirit Blades when rerolling saves. 1 in every 3 can have this weapon, but it looks underwelming. Am I missing something? Could be better to go full Spirit? 

Hi guys - long time lurker on this thread - thinking about picking up OBR as my first 2.0 army.

As someone with little to no experience here, would a couple of blobs of Mortek guard surrounding Katakros/a buff wizard, with a harvister for re-gen and a couple of catapults not be a great 'come and get us army'? I guess you'd struggle with objective grabbing...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jabbadewonga said:

I guess you'd struggle with objective grabbing...

P much this.  AoS is an objective based game, struggling with objevtive grabbing basically means strughling, period.

That said, you can use your inspiration points to move your blocks up at a respectable 7" a turn.  Numbers will still be an issue.

2 minutes ago, Sception said:

P much this.  AoS is an objective based game, struggling with objevtive grabbing basically means strughling, period.

That said, you can use your inspiration points to move your blocks up at a respectable 7" a turn.  Numbers will still be an issue.

This makes me think that at least one squad of deathriders might be a necessary thing. 

Just now, Skelebags said:

This makes me think that at least one squad of deathriders might be a necessary thing. 

I like deathriders, but I think his list would work alright. There will be plenty of discipline points and with lots of mortek he can grab and hold points, as well as move many of them 7" + run if needed, that is often quite alright.

I think the army can be done in quite a few ways at a decent level, someone will probably find a meta sooner or later, but right now I think both this idea of walls of shields and catapults is cool, while an army of kavalos and stalkers and morghasts is a less sturdy but faster and more aggressive approach. It will be fun to experiment with.