The Rumour Thread

5 minutes ago, Aryann said:

Is there anybody who believes that GW won't make a Stormcasts Battleforce this year?

No, only hoping they won’t?

Jokes aside (thereprobably will be one), does anybody know or believe, there will be a skaven battle force, consisting of anything but pestilence, this year?

Edited by Skreech Verminking

I wonder if GW makes collecting battleforces and christmas deals on lines that already sell really well or on lines that don't. We are left not knowing if we have to buy like crazy now to show them there is viable market; or to leave off buying to show them that they've got to do more to encourage us ;)

2 hours ago, Chikout said:

We have already had a terrain bundle leak this year.

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2018/03/possible-november-releases-that-you.html

to be honnest, the terrain refresh à la sauce kill team is the best deal. You can get this for far cheaper than before. I'll order one because containers are sooooooooooo usefull in ALL sci-fi terrains, same goes for crates and barrels. for example, this one is a nice deal : https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Killzone-Sector-Munitorum-2018-eng

For a christmass box: my guess is that it depends on the next battletome (LoN skaven or LoN beast/barbaric...). One battleforce with those ones. For the fresh tomes of this year, I don't think we'll have a SCE or NH  force. But, DoK is too expensive to start right now, it seems to be the most probable of the force box and/or start collecting. IK seems to sell well, I doubt they'll get one before 2019... I'd be glad to see a nurgle knigth force with a GUO or something...but we already had  blightwar.

5 minutes ago, Edwang said:

Agree, but this pic looks like a digital painting or an illustration to me, not a model.

Maybe it is just zoomed in but those are definetly a brush strokes for highlights. It looks a very well done paint job but nontheless a paintjob to me and not digital. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Moonstone said:

The flaming bull spell is for the beastmen,

Called it.  GW does a good job making hints align with past references. 

21 hours ago, Nos said:

Beastmen desperately need new models mind. The majority of the current batch were poor even when they were released Years and years ago.

Well...

15 hours ago, Nos said:

I had a look after I posted and I agree they're not as bad as I remember them being! 

Glad you came around :)  Back in they days of the Herdstone forum people joined pretty much to the end of 8th ed stating "the infantry models are really appealing and I started for the aesthetic", etc.  The 2003 Gor sprue stands up fine as a classic plastic kit and the 2010 version still makes for purdy units.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Overread said:

That new one - could it be the Lictor/deathleaper combined kit or the pyrovore/biovore combined kit! I'd say possibly a lord of war for Tyranids too, but the carapace/armour looks a little on the small side unless its a leg. 

Was going to say, Tyranid carapace design cues are typically a central ridge and fluted edges. Only kits I know of with the spray-kind of pattern like the rumour are the Trygon and Zoanthropes. Also, the gaps under the plates are big for static armour like Tyranid carapace - looks like armour on something flexible.

So centipede gets my vote!

52 minutes ago, hughwyeth said:

I've only got a couple of sources on this, but Stormcast are hugely popular. 

And they are popular because they have the most spotlight. GW made them popular by putting them in every possible box. Give them a chance and soon you'll find a stormcast in your breakfast corn flakes. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Aryann said:

And they are popular because they have the most spotlight. GW made them popular by putting them in every possible box. Give them a chance and soon you'll find a stormcast in your breakfast corn flakes. 

I don't know which came first. Like space marines, they're designed to be easy to paint and easy to play. That will always appeal to a lot of people. The sacrosanct range is a huge improvment in my opinion, from the characterless liberator style initial releases.

1 hour ago, Aryann said:

Who shall have a complete nutritious breakfast?!!

Only the faithful!!!!

Sorry been reading Plague Garden this week and loving it.:P

• Like 3
  • Haha 2