The Rumour Thread

Just now, DinoJon said:

Think we'll get a unit of Rat Ogres in the box? Shows two with a moulder rat behind it?

Rat Ogors where in the trailer though I think the rat behind them is just clanrats.

5 minutes ago, novakai said:

Rat Ogors where in the trailer though I think the rat behind them is just clanrats.

Definitely not just a clan rat. Look at what it's holding. Screenshot_20240515-005909.png.c0b0e48ec57d8e2ac92f7b96a890d636.png

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Sarouan said:

The picture is a joke, right ? Right ? ....right ?

The picture with Kip? Nope, it's real and they are doing a showcase battle using wrestlers and Spearhead. 

Don't worry I don't know who they are either as last time I watched wrestling was in the 80s!

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Also, one rat ogre melee and the other one with the tank could be the ranged one from the trailer?

Could be two  generic Rat ogres and a larger rat ogre like the one from WHTW that we see in the trailer. 

2 minutes ago, AquaRegis said:

Could be two  generic Rat ogres and a larger rat ogre like the one from WHTW that we see in the trailer. 

Could be a rat Ogor hero despite the lore about their intelligence.

58 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Better than that- two rat ogres with a pack master behind them. And are those stormvermin in the foreground with the helmets? 

Those are almost certainly stormvermin! With an adjustment to their helmets, too; those should look nice irl if that's how the toys play out

Skaven def deserve new Rat Ogres; excited for y'all!

14 hours ago, Vomikron said:

Definitely agree here. 40k’s main problem seems to be trying to have a narrative. You can’t possibly involve all factions all the time in another event that has the potential to destroy the universe but then doesn’t. 
40k was far more interesting as a static setting full of backwards psychos all killing each other for a reason none of them can remember. The Hatfields and McCoys writ large. Now it’s a jumble of desperate attempts at making memorable characters even though, spoiler alert, every single character is essentially interchangeable and just throw in another Primarch for some inexplicable reason. 

but hey, I still love it.

The thing is that it is easy to juggle both, have a focused and involved narrative focused on a specific sector. Then leave the rest of the galaxy open. Unfortunately that is not really how they want to tell the story and the notion of heightening tensions when everything is always at a galactic scale makes the whole setting feel constricting. Like I had thought of making a Fallen Angels chaos army but it feels like that will now have to involve following the ongoing narrative of the Lion and Cypher and I don't care that much... I just wanted to get the Horus Heresy box and use some of my S2D bits to make them Chaosy.

In Warhammer Fantasy Battles I always imagined my armies being from an unmarked location on the map and in AoS I imagine my narrative taking place just outside the map. If Archaon slew Sigmar at the cost of the Varanspire falling to Nagash my armies likely wouldn't fully comprehend what was being relayed to them... other than thinking the devil slew their deity and death was coming for everyone. 

31 minutes ago, novakai said:

I am prepare to be disappointed in this show as usual 

IMG_1535.jpeg.4f2217a7befafb8bcbd58e67318828d6.jpeg

I mean I hope there something for AoS but after Realms of ruin eh

Wasn't Boltgun a surprise announcement at one of these? Still need to finish it, but it was a lot of fun and I'd love to see a Heretic-inspired AoS FPS to sit alongside the DOOM-inspired 40k one

9 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

The thing is that it is easy to juggle both, have a focused and involved narrative focused on a specific sector. Then leave the rest of the galaxy open. Unfortunately that is not really how they want to tell the story and the notion of heightening tensions when everything is always at a galactic scale makes the whole setting feel constricting. Like I had thought of making a Fallen Angels chaos army but it feels like that will now have to involve following the ongoing narrative of the Lion and Cypher and I don't care that much... I just wanted to get the Horus Heresy box and use some of my S2D bits to make them Chaosy.

In Warhammer Fantasy Battles I always imagined my armies being from an unmarked location on the map and in AoS I imagine my narrative taking place just outside the map. If Archaon slew Sigmar at the cost of the Varanspire falling to Nagash my armies likely wouldn't fully comprehend what was being relayed to them... other than thinking the devil slew their deity and death was coming for everyone. 

That aspect of 40k was something that I also struggled with: the galaxy is so big with stakes so high all the time everywhere that "normal farmworld with nothing particularly noteworthy happening" feels like the outlier, which is weird to me. I'd love if 40k focused on, say, eight sectors in space (like the Mortal Realms) to focus a lot of their stories. Leaving the rest of the galaxy as a question mark canvas to play on while hyperfocusing your narrative on Macragge, Terra, the Eye, etc means everyone can have a few planets to fanfiction on.

I love how big AoS is: Sigmar could straight up die and you can decide how Your Dudes are impacted by it. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

That's an unexpected hero for the Skavens... it is too... clean...

Dude looks more Slaaneshi than ratty. 🤔 I wonder who thought that wrestlers who are only known to real wrestling fans will be a great marketing ploy though, ngl… if they got John Cena, then we‘d just see the full artwork but that‘s a name people would know. Not saying they won‘t be fun but it‘s a left-field choice. Maybe we can get fitness influencers next edition. A raging Greg Doucette would be funny! 

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Could they announce the TWW 3 wrap-up?

I say a little prayer each night, that Creative Assembly is given full license to create an AoS Total War series. 

• Like 3

Just now, Hollow said:

I say a little prayer each night, that Creative Assembly is given full license to create an AoS Total War series. 

I literally thought about it when a few posts ago there was a chat about how poor the AoS map is defined. How are you going to create an AoS TWW without that? I thought it would be impossible or very limited.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Hollow said:

I don’t think they want to do an AoS game. They seem disinterested in it.

and Rumors from some TW peeps suggest it’s going to be 40K TW game next. They going to develop a new engine to make it work.

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I literally thought about it when a few posts ago there was a chat about how poor the AoS map is defined. How are you going to create an AoS TWW without that? I thought it would be impossible or very limited.

There's literally one map for every single mortal realm other than Azyr, you could easily just adapt them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

they'll probably just focus on the great parch or some new area that doesn't encompass a full realm, unlike WFB, AOS factions have a prescence in pretty much every realm, the setting is very flexible and large enough to create some new area to set it in

• Like 3