The Rumour Thread

19 minutes ago, Luperci said:

There a couple REs that could be IDK, fish tail thing and what could be coral or water spray. I would put KO and IDK over sylvaneth, just because sylvaneth already got their second wave

I get what you are saying, but GW doesn't always work on the fairness principal, and they spent Dawnbringers hyping up even more stuff for Sylvaneth we haven't seen yet, vs KO being bit players and IDK being one-off minor antagonists.

I do think both IDK and KO will get warcry warbands soon, though.

10 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Pass the Gas *inhales for chorfs*

*is offended*

I'm not Slaaneshi that enjoys being passed around! I got a beak, that's Tzeentchian!

Would be really nice for 4th Ed for armies that aren't getting a sizable wave to have a single kit rather than another foot hero. 

Temple guard, grave guard, dryads all could do with a glow up as could the 4 demon foot troops arguably. 

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Would be really nice for 4th Ed for armies that aren't getting a sizable wave to have a single kit rather than another foot hero. 

Temple guard, grave guard, dryads all could do with a glow up as could the 4 demon foot troops arguably. 

Yeah if they stoped the single foot hero release and started a single unit release I imagine many of the small ranges would be in a much better place now. Imagine if Fyreslayers got two units rather than 2 foot heroes in 3rd...

11 minutes ago, madmac said:

I get what you are saying, but GW doesn't always work on the fairness principal, and they spent Dawnbringers hyping up even more stuff for Sylvaneth we haven't seen yet, vs KO being bit players and IDK being one-off minor antagonists.

I do think both IDK and KO will get warcry warbands soon, though.

I mean they hypped beast of chaos in brokens realms and see what they got. I wouldn't put much faith in narrative translating in new models a I imagine they create the models first and them just create some narrative to justify their existence. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

I mean they hypped beast of chaos in brokens realms and see what they got. I wouldn't put much faith in narrative translating in new models a I imagine they create the models first and them just create some narrative to justify their existence. 

Sure, but conversely who got big updates in 3E that didn't get models/attention in Broken Realms?

Stormcast, KB, (Kragnos) Seraphon, Sylvaeth, NH, STD, CoS...it's pretty much the same list. Add FEC and Ironjawz/Gits who got their update inside Dawnbringers the same way Slaanesh, LRL and SBGL got theirs in Broken Realms.

GW naturally writes their narrative campaigns around who has new models, but the thing is the best indicator of who is going to get new models is who is currently getting new models, because it means the design team is actively working on those ranges.

I think we’re almost guaranteed to see something for FS- The main narrative is taking place in their backyard! KO have been known to brawl with Skaven armadas, and the Idoneth could fight Skaven naval forces. There’s a pretty easy in for every “unfinished” range to get a wave 2. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

The order is rules then models and lore, if I remember correctly. Could be models > rules > lore.

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

wait the rumor looks like the EXACT SAME spikes as this body?? Did they mess up or did they reuse a Saurus body...

I don't think so. The spacing between the scales is much more pronounced in the Rumor engine than on the updated Saurus Warriors. Whatever this is, it looks like something new.

1 minute ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

I'll be delusional and think about some new Fyreslayers lizard thingy.

I even thought about Kroots, but the spikes are so on the spot for Seraphon...

9 minutes ago, Lord Kroak said:

Someone posted this on Reddit and suggested it might herald a new Seraphon release, but they didn't give a source. Does anyone know what this snippet of text is from?

xzmt4rqstirc1.jpeg

Ill post the pages screenshot later don't have it with me now 

but that from the Seraphon 3 edition pages which has two pages dedicated to listing most of the Old Ones like Huanchi, Topek & Chotec & Sotek (which it where that from)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Lord Kroak said:

Someone posted this on Reddit and suggested it might herald a new Seraphon release, but they didn't give a source. Does anyone know what this snippet of text is from?

xzmt4rqstirc1.jpeg

Wouldn't surprise me. Look at lumineth wave 1 and 2 - about a year apart. Same for slaanesh (iirc) and soulblight. Most prob this year we'll get more cities and seraphon before we get updates to fyreslayers or idk.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

I think Temple Guard would be much better for the line than a single foot hero. Let's hope....

Hopium.png

Pass one around need it for my CoS interspecies army

39 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Hey! I need that for Cogfort fuel for Cities wave 2!

Cogforts, artillery, Steam walker, more gunline, nu-tank.....you know what? just make Greywater Fastness a faction (and add some of those H&B conquistadors while your at it)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

The order is rules then models and lore, if I remember correctly. Could be models > rules > lore.

It don't make much sense having rules as the driving force. I really can't imagine the rules team being like "oh we created a warscroll for a flying model that buff witch aelves, please create a model for this".

12 minutes ago, madmac said:

Sure, but conversely who got big updates in 3E that didn't get models/attention in Broken Realms?

Stormcast, KB, (Kragnos) Seraphon, Sylvaeth, NH, STD, CoS...it's pretty much the same list. Add FEC and Ironjawz/Gits who got their update inside Dawnbringers the same way Slaanesh, LRL and SBGL got theirs in Broken Realms.

GW naturally writes their narrative campaigns around who has new models, but the thing is the best indicator of who is going to get new models is who is currently getting new models, because it means the design team is actively working on those ranges.

Sure with the models it make sense, narrative not so much. Idoneth, Beasts and KO were important in the narrative of broken realms and didn't got much. With the broken realms happening around the covid time I wonder how much of that were just releasing of thing they already got ready but had to separate or postpone the releases. Eventually getting new models need to not signal new models in the future, otherwise we will be mostly the same ranges that are getting new things. If we take danwbringers as a example we would expect:

- Fyreslayers, Gitz (x2), FeC, Nurgle, Ironjawz, Sylvaneth, Stormcast, Khaine, Soulblight, Slaves.

FeC and ironjawz alredy got their release within the series, so we could drop them. Gitz, Sylvaneth and Slaves already got waves last edition, so I imagine we could drop them as well. That would leave Fyreslayers, Nurgle, Khaine and Soulblight. Two factions with small ranges and two with some pretty old models. I really hope this is the case, because we don't need another big wave of releases for Gitz, Slaves and Sylvaneth.

Not that I got any insider knowledge but I’d bet good money that we‘ll see a couple of small range extensions/waves for some forces akin to the Sylvaneth/Ironjawz one this edition. Only makes sense as after Skaven there‘s little to do in regards to big updates/nee forces (Ogors, CD and Malerion stuff but that last one could start as a smaller range extension for Daughters too).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, madmac said:

If we say 8-10 armies, which seems to be the average across editions, I would personally guess

Stormcast

Skaven

Chorfs

Ogors

Fyreslayers

CoS

OBR (only death army that feels lacking atm)

LRL(?) River temple at minimum kinda demands a follow-up

DoK(?) (Krethusa feels like the herald of a new direction)

Sylvaneth(?) (Kurnothi, this time for sure!)

I'm just not feeling change in the air for KO and IDK right now, unfortunately. They were both basically ignored in Dawnbringers unlike every other order army in my list and there's no real REs or rumors in general swirling around them.

Kruleboys need something more, or they will never manifest in a meaningful way. 

They need some kind of cavalry at least. Maybe *just* that, but that they need.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Rachmani said:

Kruleboys need something more, or they will never manifest in a meaningful way. 

They need some kind of cavalry at least. Maybe *just* that, but that they need.

Yes please!

Iirc one of the reliable leakers said they saw what they thought was the catapult troll from the hobbit but what if this turns out to be for krules or gitmob. 🤞 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Not that I got any insider knowledge but I’d bet good money that we‘ll see a couple of small range extensions/waves for some forces akin to the Sylvaneth/Ironjawz one this edition. Only makes sense as after Skaven there‘s little to do in regards to big updates/nee forces (Ogors, CD and Malerion stuff but that last one could start as a smaller range extension for Daughters too).

not only does it seem like easy wins for sales, but it matches the narrative that everyone is scrambling to fight back against Skaven. hopefully everyone gets 2-3 units along with the hero i'm sure is coming.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

It don't make much sense having rules as the driving force. I really can't imagine the rules team being like "oh we created a warscroll for a flying model that buff witch aelves, please create a model for this".

Sure with the models it make sense, narrative not so much. Idoneth, Beasts and KO were important in the narrative of broken realms and didn't got much. With the broken realms happening around the covid time I wonder how much of that were just releasing of thing they already got ready but had to separate or postpone the releases. Eventually getting new models need to not signal new models in the future, otherwise we will be mostly the same ranges that are getting new things. If we take danwbringers as a example we would expect:

- Fyreslayers, Gitz (x2), FeC, Nurgle, Ironjawz, Sylvaneth, Stormcast, Khaine, Soulblight, Slaves.

FeC and ironjawz alredy got their release within the series, so we could drop them. Gitz, Sylvaneth and Slaves already got waves last edition, so I imagine we could drop them as well. That would leave Fyreslayers, Nurgle, Khaine and Soulblight. Two factions with small ranges and two with some pretty old models. I really hope this is the case, because we don't need another big wave of releases for Gitz, Slaves and Sylvaneth.

I feel like they will do both as some popular armies will always get more stuff but some desperate army will get an update (FS and Ogors).

it wouldn’t really surprise me if Sylvaneth and Gitz where to get more stuff this edition (if the Broken realm/ Dawnbringer theory holds true) but I would also think a few of the smaller armies (but not all of them) would get an update as well.

there going to be losers every editions like Adeptus Custodes, Ad mech, and maybe Grey knights and GSC, but then you get Tau with a much needed update.

Edited by novakai

35 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

I'll be delusional and think about some new Fyreslayers lizard thingy.

something inbetween the baby droth and full size droths would be great. Or something even bigger than the full size droths, a named demigod offspring of vulcatrix

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

My general sense is if 40K isn’t doing it then AoS is following in its track and not diverging to far, and so far it been single foot heroes though I guess you can be like Necrons and get 3 heroes instead.

Edited by novakai