The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The exceptionally long pre-release period has definitely not helped me build hype for the cities release (although I am excited for it).

Looking back, I really wonder why they decided to announce it so early just to basically show us nothing about it for 12 months.

I think it was more to confirm there were plans to develop the faction and encourage sales of existing kits rather than the speculation there was at the time that it was just a dumping ground for old WFB kits.

For NOVA we'll probably get a final CoS reveal but also a Dawnbringer reveal or two. Just remember it'll be less than we got at Warhammer Fest because it's a different type of show, we need to share this reveal with other games. I do think we'll get a Warcry reveal and an Underworlds one though

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EonChao said:

I think it was more to confirm there were plans to develop the faction and encourage sales of existing kits rather than the speculation there was at the time that it was just a dumping ground for old WFB kits.

If so, that plan backfired. At least in my case. I have not bought Cities units since the announcement for the exact reason that I knew a rework of the faction was coming.

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I'm not a Seraphon player myself so have no idea how useful the units are but I definitely like this as a vanguard box, getting a monstrous hero, a unit of big dudes and then a (what I presume to be) fairly standard battleline is definitely a nice starter and reminds me a little of the older start collecting's which often had the big monster heroes. I'm definitely a bigger fan of the vanguard boxes with monster heroes than the ones with foot heroes, they just end up feeling a bit more worth the cost for me (I'm a sucker for big monster tbf)

Also this box has made me realise how gorgeous some of the seraphon models are... I would play the army just for the dude on the carnosaur and the kroxigors...

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Lightbox said:

I'm not a Seraphon player myself so have no idea how useful the units are but I definitely like this as a vanguard box, getting a monstrous hero, a unit of big dudes and then a (what I presume to be) fairly standard battleline is definitely a nice starter and reminds me a little of the older start collecting's which often had the big monster heroes. I'm definitely a bigger fan of the vanguard boxes with monster heroes than the ones with foot heroes, they just end up feeling a bit more worth the cost for me (I'm a sucker for big monster tbf)

Also this box has made me realise how gorgeous some of the seraphon models are... I would play the army just for the dude on the carnosaur and the kroxigors...

This box also contains a good amount of models for a beginner. 14 models including one big monster is very managable in terms of building and painting.

I am hoping for something along these lines for Cities eventually, but they would have to reveal a big kit before that is possible. Maybe the cannon.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

This box also contains a good amount of models for a beginner. 14 models including one big monster is very managable in terms of building and painting.

I am hoping for something along these lines for Cities eventually, but they would have to reveal a big kit before that is possible. Maybe the cannon.

Absolutely, it's manageable whilst also giving a cool centrepiece to draw someone in. I find a lot of the vanguard boxes end up feeling a bit more numbers/infantry focused which whilst is good in a way it does also make them feel a bit more daunting and for me at least a bit less exciting.

I think something similar for cities could be cool for sure. Honestly, even though it's an old model I'd kinda love to see them do a vanguard box with a steam tank since it feels like a cool centerpiece and I could see it looking pretty funky in a box with some of the new cities models around it but it's probably more likely they'd end up focusing just on the new models.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2023 at 9:37 AM, Nezzhil said:

Thanks! I love to maintain the list.

If anyone want to know, the kits that could be launch this summer are:

- LoTR diorama
- Lancer Knight - HH -
- Generals & Harbringers
- Leviathan

Not confirmed content but the kits could be released this summer too:
- Arks of Omen special characters
- Forgeworld resin models (HH/Blood Bowl)
- Underworlds previous core warbands
- Warcry Starter set with Underworlds models (the leaked boxset)
- Seraphon Vanguard

My past self almost predict all the summer. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

If so, that plan backfired. At least in my case. I have not bought Cities units since the announcement for the exact reason that I knew a rework of the faction was coming.

Whereas in my case, the risk that they were getting removed from the range after this gave me the push to buy a few more Dark Elf kits to use for an eventual Har Kuron project. And certainly if the Space Marine range reduction had been announced a little more in advance with a made to order promise I would have certainly picked up a few more kits from that to round out collections. So it does work.

27 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I almost pulled the trigger on the old Start Collecting because I was convinced this wouldn't have the Carnosaur in it, glad to be wrong. Definitely one I like the look of for if Vanguard becomes a format like Combat Patrol in 4th.

47 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Looks like quite a nice box, bit surprised to see the Carnosaur in there again. 

But its a bit random to drop it now? Why did it even take that long to reveal it in the first place?

usually with new armies I think they wait, let the customers really into it buy all the kits separately at full price, then when things calm down a little they release the vanguard/SC at a discount.

2 hours ago, Ragest said:

Why are you on the rumour thread if you don't want spoilers?

There is a big difference between rumors and leaks. Even the biggest rumor-mongers understand this. Regardless, it doesn't really matter. I just gave my opinion about what I think is decent compared to what is not. It is clear some agree and some do not. If people are using justifications of "GamesWorkshop doesn't pay people enough IMO so they deserve everything and anything that happens to them (which is also not true, GW pays above average and pays out thousands in bonuses to its staff). There isn't much point. 

• Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Hollow said:

There is a big difference between rumors and leaks. Even the biggest rumor-mongers understand this. Regardless, it doesn't really matter. I just gave my opinion about what I think is decent compared to what is not. It is clear some agree and some do not. If people are using justifications of "GamesWorkshop doesn't pay people enough IMO so they deserve everything and anything that happens to them (which is also not true, GW pays above average and pays out thousands in bonuses to its staff). There isn't much point. 

I'm with Hollow. I love when potato images and big blocks of text are around. But when we get the full book it is boring and I dislike that so much.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Draznak said:

Not only that: there was Hekaton fortress, Grimnyr indeed, but also Ûthar the destined (an alternative build of the generic khal, admittedly), Einhyr champion, Brôkhyr iron-master, Cthonian Beserk Mole Grenade Launcher. As well as the army set and the codex cover. That was a lot of stuff in one go.

But I agree that you're going to have to insert things from the Dawnbringers II and III books, even if they're just characters (maybe a surprise unit like the ardboyz ?).

Anyway, there should only be a month and a half maximum left : 1) before we know everything about the new COS units, 2) to hold army set in our hands.
After almost a year and a half of waiting, another 5/6 weeks will be bearable (but always frustrating at the same time ^^).

Just for a clarification but majority of those units were revealed already, they just recap them at NoVa. Only the land fortress and Grimnyr where new for the release preview.

Looks like that's it for today. I guess they are saving the Warhammer plus minis for Wednesday which is a stupid thing to do. For several years GW have created expectations in their customers that Monday will be the reveals day but today they couldn't even be bothered to do the usual number of articles. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, novakai said:

It’s also the only active thread on the whole website

Often true. But recently there have been other threads (E.g. Mortals redesigned, old world, Harbingers, Realms of Ruin etc) getting an uncharacteristic amount of TGA love.

Also it reminds me that they also gotten rid of their webcomics on Warcom :( 

3 hours ago, EonChao said:

For NOVA we'll probably get a final CoS reveal but also a Dawnbringer reveal or two. Just remember it'll be less than we got at Warhammer Fest because it's a different type of show, we need to share this reveal with other games. I do think we'll get a Warcry reveal and an Underworlds one though

if the space marine side of the release isn’t reveal by NoVa then it most likely going to be the big headline for that preview show and they probably going to hype up jet pack marines

No new model today :/?

Vanguard is looking pretty good. Like most others, I'm surprised that Carnie is still in there. I think I would have preferred a combo of Lancers and the Astrolith-bearer, but I'll take it over repackaged Saurus Guard, Skinks, a Priest, and Terradons :P.

• Like 1

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Looks like that's it for today. I guess they are saving the Warhammer plus minis for Wednesday which is a stupid thing to do. For several years GW have created expectations in their customers that Monday will be the reveals day but today they couldn't even be bothered to do the usual number of articles. 

In the past the final WarCom article has been around 18:00 GMT, so I'd wait until then before complaining.