The Rumour Thread

5 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I'm super confused. How did the seventh battletome from now get leaked? We still don't even know any of the rules from the Nighthaunt book. 

I don't think I've ever seen a leak that skips so far ahead in time before. 

I wouldnt be surprised if the Daemon Prince is usuable in 40K and a 40K leaker did us a solid by proxy.

Doesnt explain the BT though.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I'm super confused. How did the seventh battletome from now get leaked? We still don't even know any of the rules from the Nighthaunt book. 

I don't think I've ever seen a leak that skips so far ahead in time before. 

40k has had leaks that stretched for almost a year

I think this closer look at the Archaon throwback/CL on daemonic mount wasn't posted... if one gave him the sword of the lord on karkadrak, he'd be very close to the second Archaon mini. I was hoping for a mortal Chosen variant specifically for Tzeentch as all 3 others got them but oh well, the new Chosen will be a decent placeholder indeed. And since they got no capes that would only make Nurgle proud, they'll look fine too. Very thrilled...

image.png.883dd2ed043b8d2c4c9f18b47c9f9af2.png

Edited by MitGas
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

I had to take my dog to the vets today for a check up and been busy pampering his face. I step out of following the news dor a day or two and I’m greeted with a new dp, a battletome months away, and conformation of CD?

Now call me hopeful, but so far that DP and Lord wouldn’t look out of place in the Old World Either. I could see these also being used in WtOW. That would make the DP useable in 3 game systems. 

• Like 1

I swear they just flip a coin every so often to see if undivided princes/marks are a thing, honestly i prefer it being a rare and special thing for the Everchosen, so essentially just Belakor and Archaon in AoS. Aaron Dembski bowden did an article on it somewhere, i guess on his blog?

2 hours ago, Sahrial said:

I had the same wonder, honestly. It’s very conveniently times after a lot of anger from the underworlds week.

There was anger from the underworlds week? 

I wonder if they'll reveal all the battletomes coming as we know the last one for this year. 

Time wise, my guess is we'll see the following. 

May: daughters and ghosts

July: Sylvaneth and skaven

September: first 2 autumn battletomes

November : last 2 autumn battletomes

Dec : slaves army box for Xmas with proper battletome release in Jan 2023.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Kronos said:

I had to take my dog to the vets today for a check up and been busy pampering his face. I step out of following the news dor a day or two and I’m greeted with a new dp, a battletome months away, and conformation of CD?

Now call me hopeful, but so far that DP and Lord wouldn’t look out of place in the Old World Either. I could see these also being used in WtOW. That would make the DP useable in 3 game systems. 

That is my biggest hope, now that we have Chaos Dwarves, Varanguard styled Chosen, Ogroid troops, and a billion subfactions!

I am especially hoping the Chaos Lord on Demonic mount comes with the right bitz to make classic Archaon for Old World... or in my case the ability to make a proxy Archaon which I will make a scenic base for in AOS.

9 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

There was anger from the underworlds week? 

They did a week of teasers that led up to a single box reveal. A lot of people in my discord chats and on Reddit were pretty livid, myself included. It’s an admittedly small sample size but if it was proportionate with the global community… /assumptions made

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kronos said:

One thing I've really enjoyed about most recent releases is that they seem to be preparing for cross-playing with TOW. That's not to say that recent releases aren't still rather high-fantasy, but that certain models wouldn't look so bad on square bases (such as the start collecting chaos warriors, and the soulblight skeletons).

59 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

That is my biggest hope, now that we have Chaos Dwarves, Varanguard styled Chosen, Ogroid troops, and a billion subfactions!

I am especially hoping the Chaos Lord on Demonic mount comes with the right bitz to make classic Archaon for Old World... or in my case the ability to make a proxy Archaon which I will make a scenic base for in AOS.

More sub-factions is always a win in my opinion, especially if they have excellent rules. I would be lying if I said that the new chaos dwarfs confirmation isn't somewhat disappointing (was hoping for a whole faction), I also cannot deny that I am excited for all of the new opportunities coming our way. This upcoming Battletome will definitely tie me over until LONG LOST NEHEKHARA makes it's inevitable return.

• Like 1

Fantastic stuff, especially that gorgeous Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount!

I think the very busy looking Daemon Prince would paint up quickly using contrast. I think I'd prefer to go to town on the old one. It's sweeping, open surfaces really shine with a careful layer/edge/glaze paint job. Might see if I can get the old one before it's gone...

... Although, I do have a tendency to not really appreciate how good new models are at first glance. Maybe I need to give it a few days to see if my opinion changes?

1 hour ago, Sahrial said:

They did a week of teasers that led up to a single box reveal. A lot of people in my discord chats and on Reddit were pretty livid, myself included. It’s an admittedly small sample size but if it was proportionate with the global community… /assumptions made

But we knew what they were going to be revealing from the road map. It was only ever going to be the new starter set. 

Back to battletomes, as autumn sees the releases picking up and could be the signal that everything is caught up from the pandemic, we could by summer 2023 have 3rd edition battletomes for every army. 

My predictions for the battletomes; 

2 Order - Sylvaneth and Lumineth / 2 Destruction - Gloomspite and Mawtribes / 2 Chaos - Skaven and Tzeentch 

I'm just going off which books haven't received WD updates/had the longest stretch since their updates. I do think Beasts are more likely than Tzeentch based off other evidence but I can't ignore that Beasts just got their WD update and Tzeentch has yet to get one. I would've never guessed Lumineth getting another book before say Kharadrons or Cities but they are the only Order faction without a WD update, and that new Daughters book coming so quickly supports that theory.

We'll have to watch which factions (if any) get WD updates after this upcoming Slaanesh one because it should help narrow down which books are coming. 

Edited by Jaskier
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

One thing I've really enjoyed about most recent releases is that they seem to be preparing for cross-playing with TOW. That's not to say that recent releases aren't still rather high-fantasy, but that certain models wouldn't look so bad on square bases (such as the start collecting chaos warriors, and the soulblight skeletons).

More sub-factions is always a win in my opinion, especially if they have excellent rules. I would be lying if I said that the new chaos dwarfs confirmation isn't somewhat disappointing (was hoping for a whole faction), I also cannot deny that I am excited for all of the new opportunities coming our way. This upcoming Battletome will definitely tie me over until LONG LOST NEHEKHARA makes it's inevitable return.

I think the inclusion of Chaos Dwarves are a blessing in disguise (I have made this argument a few times)...

Have a classic army with a small but loyal fanbase and tie it to one of the biggest and most popular factions. Chaos Dwarf fans will be able to purchase and collect new models and convert some cool Chaos monsters into their faction's aesthetic.  Slaves to Darkness fans get a diversified model line, hopefully with new avenues of play (maybe shooting and warmachines). Then based on the sales they can build it up into a stand alone release or just keep it as a supported subfaction for Slaves to Darkness. 

Now, I just need to find some chaos elves to make a chaotic version of the Last Alliance or Cities of Sigmar... maybe I will use Dark Riders as Marauder Horsemen?

16 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I think the inclusion of Chaos Dwarves are a blessing in disguise (I have made this argument a few times)...

Have a classic army with a small but loyal fanbase and tie it to one of the biggest and most popular factions. Chaos Dwarf fans will be able to purchase and collect new models and convert some cool Chaos monsters into their faction's aesthetic.  Slaves to Darkness fans get a diversified model line, hopefully with new avenues of play (maybe shooting and warmachines). Then based on the sales they can build it up into a stand alone release or just keep it as a supported subfaction for Slaves to Darkness. 

Now, I just need to find some chaos elves to make a chaotic version of the Last Alliance or Cities of Sigmar... maybe I will use Dark Riders as Marauder Horsemen?

I understand your reasoning, and even agree with it. I just really hope that these “Horns of Hashut” are a sign of what’s to come and not a one-off deal. As for your chaos-elves problem, maybe you can mix the darkfire acolytes with the Dark Riders and give them the swords from the Kairic Acolytes kit for a properly chaotic calvary.

8 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

I understand your reasoning, and even agree with it. I just really hope that these “Horns of Hashut” are a sign of what’s to come and not a one-off deal. As for your chaos-elves problem, maybe you can mix the darkfire acolytes with the Dark Riders and give them the swords from the Kairic Acolytes kit for a properly chaotic calvary.

Oh brilliant idea on the Chaos Elves... too bad I spent all my reacts by lunch today hahaha!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Oh brilliant idea on the Chaos Elves... too bad I spent all my reacts by lunch today hahaha!

Glad to have helped regardless. Since your out of reacts, how about instead you post some lore on my “War of Funerary Delights” thread? I’d love to somehow work your Warband into it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Glad to have helped regardless. Since your out of reacts, how about instead you post some lore on my “War of Funerary Delights” thread? I’d love to somehow work your Warband into it.

I am honored and will gladly participate! I have just begun to settle into a new job, so sadly I am still learning to balance between my hobby time and new job. But now that I am getting the hang of things I am starting to mess around with my narrative and some painting again... So it might be a few weeks but I will happily send you some of my fragmented lore.

I think you'd really appreciate the lore I have co-developed with a friend for his Tzeentch Lord Chronomaster, that lives simultaneously at the beginning (AOS) and end (40k) of time under curse of a cruel Lord of Change.

As for my own army it is still a tale of light (SCE) and dark (S2D) fought in the harsh lands frozen land of the free Ogor tribes! 

• Like 1

Just now, Neverchosen said:

I am honored and will gladly participate! I have just begun to settle into a new job, so sadly I am still learning to balance between my hobby time and new job. But now that I am getting the hang of things I am starting to mess around with my narrative and some painting again... So it might be a few weeks but I will happily send you some of my fragmented lore.

I think you'd really appreciate the lore I have co-developed with a friend for his Tzeentch Lord Chronomaster, that lives simultaneously at the beginning (AOS) and end (40k) of time under curse of a cruel Lord of Change.

As for my own army it is still a tale of light (SCE) and dark (S2D) fought in the harsh lands frozen land of the free Ogor tribes! 

I do enjoy some Tzeentchian Shenanigans every now and then🙃.

My current lore is that a Dawn Crusade lead by a yet to be determined stormhost (hint-hint) is attempting to colonize a swamp in ghur already being fought for by a Soulblight Gravelord army, a Hedonite carnival (with enthralled Discuples of Tzeentch allies), and Kruleboyz just enjoying the carnage. There’s plenty of space for some mayhem if you’re interested. However, real life comes before the hobby, so please take all the time you need.

Here are my initial hopes based on Marks, New Legions and New Units, this is not meant to be a prediction nor even a best case scenario. Rather just my thoughts based on first impressions: 

Marks:

I really hope that the mark of the general opens up Coalition options for the god specific armies. Conversely God Specific armies can use coalition allies but only if they share the same mark as the Slaves to Darkness unit. Maybe allow an undivided general use Beasts of Chaos Coalition units. 

Damned Legions

Archaon: Host Of The Ever Chosen/Knights of the Empty Throne:

New Version of Host of the Everchosen! I hope when the big cheese is not selected the rules become Knights of the empty throne. Although I suspect that the Knights of the Empty throne will fall under one of the other listed Legions.

Be’lakor: Legion of the First Prince/Despoilers:

The new version of Legion of the First Prince. It will be a little annoying having the majority of war scrolls in separate tomes. I also expect that it will be hit the most with FAQ with the successive release of god specific tomes, but it is good to have these rules explicitly featured in one of the Tomes. I think that it will have more rules for using Mortal units mixing Legion of the First Prince with Despoilers. If it is truly a Despoiler army and not Legion of the First Prince, then I would expect Demon Coalition units.

Champions of the Chaos Tribes: Ravagers:

My personal favourite Legion. Mortal focused Legion with an emphasis on rallying tribes to a plethora of Chaos champions. Focus on more traditional Chaos Units and hopefully coalition with Beasts of Chaos.

Masters of the Dark Arts: Cabalists:

Updated legion with an emphasis on unit Sacrifice and expert casting. I feel like there will be some Endless Spell benefits. Hopefully I can build an alternate list around my Gaunt Summoner. Since this is my hope, and not realistic expectations, I hope they can have Skaven Coalition units.

Iron and Hatred: Chaos Dwarfs:

Very hopeful that this will be a subsection with benefits to Chaos Dwarfs. Maybe it can have a special rule to allow the army to ally with Hobgrots as a cheap chaff unit. This could also be the ranged subsection for Slaves to darkness.

Ogroids Unleashed: Despoilers/New Subfaction:

I could also see this being the legion focused on Monsters like the Fomoroid Crusher and Mindstealer Sphiranx. Might get some of the old Despoiler rules for monsters.

The Lost and the Damned: Idolaters/New Subfaction

The priestly side of Idolatry or possibly a completely new Legion. I do not actually know what this section will be but I can imagine from the damned portion of the title that it is tied to priests, chaos spawn or demon princes.

Eightpoints: Knights of the Empty Throne/Idolaters

I can imagine this being home to either the Varanguard or the Cultist rules for Idolaters. Varanguard rule the lands while Archaon is away and Warcry being set in the eight points. Personally I would like it if it was a subsection focused on the heavily armoured knights, chosen and warriors.

Chaotic Units:

- Eternus, Blade of the First Prince: 

Demon prince and named hero, granted princedom by the Sorcerer's power of Be’Lakor. I hope that they have a unique model and rules. Possibly that larger model in the leaked image that still has not been shown clearly. It would be nice if they filled a similar niché as Bastian Carthalos, a powerful but decently priced model to lead in the place of the super expensive centrepiece models.    

- Ogroid Theridons:

Big bruiser types, I hope that they make Dark Oath/Cultist themed armies more powerful and self sufficient. I of course will go against the synergies to throw in some extra muscle because I think they will look awesome!  

- Centaurion Marshal:* 

Presumably a Cavalry styled mutant champion related to either the Chaos Legionaries and/or Sons of Hashut. Ideally a Bull Centaur Chaos Dwarf! I hope they are a Bull Centaur Chaos Dwarf hero with synergies to both the following units.

Alternatively, it can be a leader for the Chaos Cultists and an important hero level character in warcry. 

- Chaos Legionaries*

Hopefully a chaos dwarf version of the French Forigen Legion fighting for Archaon in some form of exchange with the dark lord presumably for Varanite. Would love it if they had an option between mid ranged blunderbuss styled weapons or direct melee options. I think they should also have the ranged attack of hobgrots.

Alternatively, I would love it if they were an alternate build for chosen… maybe with the Chosen focused on working towards apotheosis and the Legionaries striving towards becoming Varanguard.  

- Horns of Hashut*

Bull Centaur unit with horns for powerful charge. A middle state between Marauder light Cavalry and heavier Chaos warriors. An emphasis on powerful charges and his damage.

Alternatively, if they are just a lone Warcry Warband, I hope it contains a ton of Fanservice. Put in a female Chaos Dwarf, Bull Centaur and heck some kind of baby Helcannon. 

*I can imagine all three of these being featured in the upcoming Warcry Box.

• Like 5