The Rumour Thread

Just now, Aturox said:

Tbh its more fitting for the aos 3 rules discussion instead of complaining about point updates in the rumor thread? There is literally no connection to this thread.

You can be upset and have every right to be but why should everybody else be upset aswell?

I replied to a condescending post that said that Slaanesh players should know their place. Why not single out that post?

Moderator Notice 

Ok people take a step back from the keyboard. This is just a points change, we've done these before time and time again. Lets not get bent out of shape and start fighting each other over variations in opinions. No one wins in those "fights" so lets stop them before we start.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 6

41 minutes ago, Golub87 said:

So the uppity Slaanesh players should accept that they need to sit at the back of the bus with Sylvaneth and BoC and Spider Riders and just accept their lot in life?

As a BoC player let me be the first to welcome you... Everything floats down here. 

Edited by Vaporlocke
  • Like 4
  • Haha 7
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, sorokyl said:

Why do you think its artificial scarcity? Do you think GW has fun warehousing their hundreds of SKUs in warehouses around the world? I expect that they are getting them out as fast as possible, considering their plastic production has been bottlenecked for years and they are having to export in the middle of a global pandemic AND Brexit. Why does it seem like they made two runs? Who knows. These things have huge lead times. Maybe they realized their original order was not big enough. Maybe they had to swap production to something else. They're not doing it to ****** you off I promise. 

And no, the 50 review copies they sent out are not the reason you aren't getting one. That's called very effective advertising cost. They didn't say "We think we'll sell 10,000 of these. so we'll make 10,000. Oh lets give away 50 of those".  it's "Let's make 10,050 because this is way cheaper than google ads..."

Why is it artificial scarcity? Its restricting what should be an evergreen product, ie. a starter set like Soul Wars, to a limited run. (See also Cursed City).

Why would plastic production be bottlenecked? They own their own factory, and produce thousands of kits, very few of which are limited edition. Nor would export issues have any relationship to scarcity. Much of the scarcity is in their domestic market here in the UK. 

This is just a cynical play for FOMO, and yeah its probably working for them and their balance sheet. But honestly, I don't think its working for the community, if the Cursed City debacle was anything to go by.  

Them giving free copies to influencers might have had no effect on scarcity, but I personally find it quite poor taste when there are thousands of people who won't be getting a copy tomorrow.

Edited by Jagged Red Lines
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I'm hoping for 2 things character wise for Mawtribes in 3.0. 

8 new plastic Maneaters, each representing a different Realm.

Globb Glittermaw and Frost King Braggoth Vardruk getting models.

Firebellys for 3.0!!

If Ogors receive a model refresh I fear for my wallet :p. Between adding a very large SBGL and DOK I should probably take it easy....but if Malerion comes out to play or new Ogors...or Duardin or even updated Seraphon sculpts (love Kroak but still too much derp) I couldn't help myself 😀.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, NicholasFlamelGames said:

If Ogors receive a model refresh I fear for my wallet :p. Between adding a very large SBGL and DOK I should probably take it easy....but if Malerion comes out to play or new Ogors...or Duardin or even updated Seraphon sculpts (love Kroak but still too much derp) I couldn't help myself 😀.

I would take a guess that if any Destruction Faction is to be updated or refreshed this Edition it would be Ogors!! 

Gloomspite had their refresh in 2019, the Sons are brand new and I doubt theyll (Unfortunately) get anything for another year or so and the Warclans seem to be getting the Kruelboyz and hopefully a few other goodies. 

So that leaves the Mawtribes!! It makes sense since all of their troops, Gluttons, Ironguts and Leadbelchers are still in rank and file from WHFB, they all share the same bodies and their sculpts are almost 17 years old at this point. 

I am pretty damn certain theyll be getting updated this Edition.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Golub87 said:

So the uppity Slaanesh players should accept that they need to sit at the back of the bus with Sylvaneth and BoC and Spider Riders and just accept their lot in life?

No, but it's also not personal. It's not new, it's not a slight, it's not an attack, it's not a bomb. It's a thing that happens in games like this and it sucks and is a bummer. I guess just react like it's a bummer and with criticism, not like someone dropped a hydrogen bomb on you. The game is still playable, the game will be FAQ'd, the meta will change. Doesn't mean you can't be bummed. I mean, we aren't even being bummed about the rules, just pure relative power level, for a version none of us have played. 

But others are right, this isn't really the place for the discussion, sorry to egg it on. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Just now, Golub87 said:

Wait how does that work?

The Settlers Gain city lets every 1 in 4 of your units be Lumineth and every 1 in 4 of your units be Stormcast. It means that Cities armies can fill out their ranks with cheap chariots, gyrocopters, battle mages and aether wings and then go to town stocking up on Lumineth. Sure you won't be taking squads of 30 Sentinels, as they're not battle line, but you can still take multiple units. Don forget to take some nice and cheap handgunners as battle line and the excellent Hurricanum with battle mage in support. Even the magic items and spells are like Lumineth ones.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Why is it artificial scarcity? Its restricting what should be an evergreen product, ie. a starter set like Soul Wars, to a limited run. (See also Cursed City).

The launch box is not an example of artificial scarcity, because :
A. It is a limited promotional SKU, and will not be produced again
B. The models will be evergreen.
C. The price is lower than their product normally is
What is limited is this price. They decide how many they want to sell at this deep discount, as a promotion, and then later release the models at normal price. better example of artificial scarcity would be: "We are only selling 100 Kragnos kits a year, for $500 each

From a shareholder perspective, they should certainly not sell things year round at this $/sprue. Why would they, when they can obviously charge more?  

And this is not comparable to Soul Wars/Dark Imperium, they obviously have moved to a different model of having a limited launch box and then releasing a starter set (and the individual kits) later.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Howdyhedberg said:

Does anyone know how many points it is for each army in the dominion book? Have anyone heard any rumor about the price?

I think it was 1070pts kruleboyz, 1350 stormcast (just take out the winged hero for balance or switch other stuff around). It's 125£/155€ and I don't know the $ price.

It's the same as cursed city was if that helps

Edited by AlmGandix3

15 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

The launch box is not an example of artificial scarcity, because :
A. It is a limited promotional SKU, and will not be produced again
B. The models will be evergreen.
C. The price is lower than their product normally is
What is limited is this price. They decide how many they want to sell at this deep discount, as a promotion, and then later release the models at normal price. better example of artificial scarcity would be: "We are only selling 100 Kragnos kits a year, for $500 each

From a shareholder perspective, they should certainly not sell things year round at this $/sprue. Why would they, when they can obviously charge more?  

And this is not comparable to Soul Wars/Dark Imperium, they obviously have moved to a different model of having a limited launch box and then releasing a starter set (and the individual kits) later.

Yeah, this. Dominion is not a starter set. It has no dice, no measuring tools, no board or terrain, and no battle plans for pitting the two sides against each other. The actual starter sets that come later will have all of those and be evergreen for the lifespan of AoS 3, and be more appropriate for new players. They will have less value in miniatures, but more value in new players being able to pick it up and play easily.

25 minutes ago, AlmGandix3 said:

I think it was 1070pts kruleboyz, 1350 stormcast (just take out the winged hero for balance or switch other stuff around). It's 125£/155€ and I don't know the $ price.

It's the same as cursed city was if that helps

Oh! Thanks! Sounds like a pretty good deal

1 hour ago, Gailon said:

No, but it's also not personal. It's not new, it's not a slight, it's not an attack, it's not a bomb. It's a thing that happens in games like this and it sucks and is a bummer. I guess just react like it's a bummer and with criticism, not like someone dropped a hydrogen bomb on you. The game is still playable, the game will be FAQ'd, the meta will change. Doesn't mean you can't be bummed. I mean, we aren't even being bummed about the rules, just pure relative power level, for a version none of us have played. 

But others are right, this isn't really the place for the discussion, sorry to egg it on. 

wait. I can understand if something becomes unplayable or rotates out but nerfing slaanesh that has an absolutely terrible new battletome, Slaangors and other  new warscrolls are just terrible, their point costs are equally bad is nothing like that. I don't remember any gaming company that would just double down and straight out ****** on their product in such a way. This is either huge incompetence or somebody hates slaanesh or both. (given a lot of those weird dominion prerelease copies targets, giving GHB to random niche UK based channels it just smells of nepotism)

For people who play 40k it would be as if GW took Tau/GSC in their latest recent point updates and increased their points 20% across the roster. (having that said at least GSC and Tau are getting their codex within some months - rumour engines - but there is no light at the end for Hedonites) 

As a customer I am looking forward to my 40k  codex and box that is coming for Grey Knights. As an AoS  player I'm afraid who will write SCE/Krule Boyz rules. That's not ok. (also is it just me or anybody else finds kinda unprofessional that they are selling the dominion boxset with Krule Boyz but we have absolutely no idea whether they will get a new book or what will be their introduction into the Orruks like etc.? + their rules and points so far look rather weak)  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PJetski said:

It lost some sales, but gains others

I'm certain that it's more of the latter than the former

It might, in this case.

I often don't buy something until it is reviewed by someone I think has a similar view of the reviewed product as myself.

But if they say it isn't good, that will also influence my purchase decisions.

I wanted to get Cursed City, partly based on the reviews it got. Not so much things like Pariah Nexus or the Necromunda ruleset.

I even waited for a preview for Stargrave, even though I knew with 99% certainty I would like it.

Someone showing me pages I could technically copy is going to increase the chances of me being swayed, because while the text is often bad, GW does know how to make pretty books.

Sure, some cultists will buy whatever has a GW brand on it, but that isn't the majority.

38 minutes ago, Kronos said:

So I tried going 9n the website to check out the box and 360 through the new zealand site - A 56 minute queue! 

Tomorrow seems like it’s not going to be fun.

BD887A69-39D3-4BCC-B9E6-8487F3196833.png

I just checked now. I was in a 1 minute queue. On the New Zealand site it hasn't sold out yet after 30 minutes. Maybe it won't be that bad. 

4 minutes ago, Feii said:

wait. I can understand if something becomes unplayable or rotates out but nerfing slaanesh that has an absolutely terrible new battletome, Slaangors and other  new warscrolls are just terrible, their point costs are equally bad is nothing like that. I don't remember any gaming company that would just double down and straight out ****** on their product in such a way. This is either huge incompetence or somebody hates slaanesh or both. (given a lot of those weird dominion prerelease copies targets, giving GHB to random niche UK based channels it just smells of nepotism)

For people who play 40k it would be as if GW took Tau/GSC in their latest recent point updates and increased their points 20% across the roster. (having that said at least GSC and Tau are getting their codex within some months - rumour engines - but there is no light at the end for Hedonites) 

As a customer I am looking forward to my 40k  codex and box that is coming for Grey Knights. As an AoS  player I'm afraid who will write SCE/Krule Boyz rules. That's not ok. (also is it just me or anybody else finds kinda unprofessional that they are selling the dominion boxset with Krule Boyz but we have absolutely no idea whether they will get a new book or what will be their introduction into the Orruks like etc.? + their rules and points so far look rather weak)  

i think that why Bin/ SIn guy has been popular because AoS battletome seem varied in quality, while 40K (though people have perceived each book as powercreep), it at least felt that the gaming rules where strong across the board bar maybe one or two bad apple (like Grey knight being kind of weak last edition and Drukari being too strong just recently), while two book that are release in AoS have vastly different design style and language, where one seems to have options and the other seems lacking in options.

Also AoS seem alright with releasing rule books before edition changes while 40k every army is update once the edition starts. i am surprise they release any battletome in the last 7 month when an edition change was coming and it was already a feels bad when about 4 battletomes where release between the edition last time