The Rumour Thread

15 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

The idea of firebellies wanting to consume the sun gives a great background to expand upon.

Maybe giving them a more "religious side" to attack Hysh in a eating frenzy.

Still i love the idea to give them an anatomous army.

From what we've heard it doesn't look like steppe gitmobs are on the cards but it would be interesting to have two destruction factions/subfactions with diametrically opposed religious views: ogre firebellies who want to devour the sun and gitmob goblins who worship "the furious face of Gork in the blazing light of Hysh".

1 hour ago, RocketPropelledGrenade said:

I don't know about "only," but it'd be pretty cool!

Of course, to the edit!!

1 hour ago, sandlemad said:

From what we've heard it doesn't look like steppe gitmobs are on the cards but it would be interesting to have two destruction factions/subfactions with diametrically opposed religious views: ogre firebellies who want to devour the sun and gitmob goblins who worship "the furious face of Gork in the blazing light of Hysh".

Hopefully something comes of the Firebellies, seems to me to be the perfect way to expand the range with a Sub Faction already present.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Hopefully something comes of the Firebellies, seems to me to be the perfect way to expand the range with a Sub Faction already present.

I have a nice little 2000 BCR army that I was able to get through a few trades. Other than some Gnoblars and the scrap launcher, I feel the only way I would expand my army would be with Firebellies. Somewhat to get that fire and ice feel you mentioned, but also because I just feel like these two sides of the army feel the most unique. 

• LOVE IT! 1

well at least in the Destruction Soulbound expansion coming later this year, one of the Archtype is a Firebelly, i am not sure if there is hint that GW wants to do something with Firebelly in the future and them allowing Cubicle 7 to flesh them out

i do feel like GW keeping that model in the range all this time, that they may have some plans.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I have a nice little 2000 BCR army that I was able to get through a few trades. Other than some Gnoblars and the scrap launcher, I feel the only way I would expand my army would be with Firebellies. Somewhat to get that fire and ice feel you mentioned, but also because I just feel like these two sides of the army feel the most unique. 

If only there was an Ogre Elsa to keep in theme and provide the magic support...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RuneBrush said:

image.png.c01704a5a05f8704ce11b4549284981c.png

Looks maw like...  I'm calling Ogor Centaurs - brand new tribe that worship Kragnos.  Less sumo wrestler vibe and more tribalistic with their own flavour of Gnoblars who go round and build little effigies.

Could be some form of destruction ogroid (thinking horns)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Feii said:

facetotems1.png 
has this been posted? could be a faction terrain/totem

Spoiler

md3leadbelcher-01.jpg.9ca0c5337e0bf3474acc3ad5c48f673d.jpg198901marflyrx-2-01.jpg.d1a2986b1db7d0e1bec9a79202e54cec.jpgblogger-image-193610032.jpg.7bf6c0c99d3cd3e673829ef0c5bf4d16.jpgWd105p33IronClawGoblinStoneThrowerx.jpg.158c2bed1b2c72777d6332f58893fa09.jpgtumblr_lrog54nbPl1r1g40zo1_500.jpg.a61b237075bf91d9d8a0656246c21efc.jpg

The face looks like the old artillery and war machines of the very olds Orcs Goblins when they didn't look so different between them.

I feel that the new faction is more an army of Destruction. The rumour engines and the use of the metal resemble more the old times when the orcs were an army and they were not only a horde lurking for a new fight.

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

17 hours ago, RetconnedLegion said:

Got to disagree again. Bonesplitterz are quite clearly inspired by “voodoo” movie stereotypes, with their masked shamans wearing voodoo masks, snakes, warpaint and Juju sticks. The only Native American influence I can see is feathers.

The reason I am referring to it as “Hollywood”voodoo and using quotation marks is because voodoo is still a religion practiced by people and I don’t want to cause offense by suggesting it’s the distorted version tv and films portray it as.

7BE4CC50-6AAF-4A41-9BC0-BCE6154E228A.jpeg

I find your reluctance to offend people offensive

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

23 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

The face looks like the old artillery and war machines of the very olds Orcs Goblins when they didn't look so different between them.

I feel that the new faction is more an army of Destruction. The rumour engines and the use of the metal resemble more the old times when the orcs were an army and they were not only a horde lurking for a new fight.

I need that ****** in my live now!! 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Hide contents

md3leadbelcher-01.jpg.9ca0c5337e0bf3474acc3ad5c48f673d.jpg198901marflyrx-2-01.jpg.d1a2986b1db7d0e1bec9a79202e54cec.jpgblogger-image-193610032.jpg.7bf6c0c99d3cd3e673829ef0c5bf4d16.jpgWd105p33IronClawGoblinStoneThrowerx.jpg.158c2bed1b2c72777d6332f58893fa09.jpgtumblr_lrog54nbPl1r1g40zo1_500.jpg.a61b237075bf91d9d8a0656246c21efc.jpg

I had the Lead Belcher! I remember I had a troll, a few wolf riders and a the odd goblin when I was about 12. Very nostalgic .. never did collect an army of them as I went for dwarfs. But yeah it really looks like the totem heads on the old war machines. Looking forward to seeing them revealed, I imagine they have a sneaky vibe to them form the old hobgoblins and the general nastiness of old orcs and gobbos.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I agree 100% mate. 

11 hours ago, novakai said:

well at least in the Destruction Soulbound expansion coming later this year, one of the Archtype is a Firebelly, i am not sure if there is hint that GW wants to do something with Firebelly in the future and them allowing Cubicle 7 to flesh them out

i do feel like GW keeping that model in the range all this time, that they may have some plans.

That's what I've always thought, why keep one model for an entire subfaction around (A gorgeous model nonetheless) unless you were going to capitalize on it later on.

4 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

image.png.c01704a5a05f8704ce11b4549284981c.png

Looks maw like...  I'm calling Ogor Centaurs - brand new tribe that worship Kragnos.  Less sumo wrestler vibe and more tribalistic with their own flavour of Gnoblars who go round and build little effigies.

That's Globb Glittermaw snacking on wee baby Kragnos. Tastes like a schmako.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The other day I saw some rumors for the new edition... I don't know if they have been mentioned here.

The thing is that we have almost two "possible" new bad guys. The swamp greenskins with weapons or something more mechanical, and the little centaurs. 

I read a duardin (I guess it was Grimmir) makes one duardin army with KO, Fyre and the ones of Cities of Sigmar. Sounds super cool. And then I read that some free people kits will be updated, thing that maybe is true due to the teaser of the swamps featuring this guys. But if they make a duardin unite army and make a new "imperium" army, what will be with free aelfs? 

And then I was thinking on the thing of fimirs, kobolds, armory, centaurs.... too many hints of chaos dwarfs? Yes I know, is Chaos but... maybe in AoS they are not Chaos followers and go more like orcs, cause they have the same tooths, and they are a medium race, and they had centaurs, and maybe slaves too.... and GW knows that Chaos dwarfs are so cool

• Sad 1