The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Thoughts and Feelings: I entered this not expecting much and I am blown away by literally everything shown. If there is any take away it is that I am buying Be'Lakor!

Lumineth: They look even better than I expected but also were not quite what I was expecting proving the general rule of Lumineth. Amazing models that are both familiar yet strange. I think that they would make a great oppositional binary for my S2D but they are also a pricey option for me… but I love that named character. Might be my favourite model from the range and I was unbelievably excited for the blademasters. I would run a Loremaster in a heart beat I love these style of wandering characters. The Banner-bearer & dual characters are not my cup of tea, as they look so delicate that I wouldn’t be willing to touch them, but they are really cool models. The terrain piece is stunning! Foxy is still a stone cold Fox! Overall it was a great reveal.

Heroes: Who knew something so abject could be so pretty? Nighthaunt still tempt this non-death player to Nagash.
SCE Hero 3 point landing lol. Dope model and an Instant General for any Stormcast army that wants a superhero leader.
 Wight Lord is a great reveal and it helps clear up that Soulblight will not be pure Vampires and likely an update to LoN. Best reveal for that alone!

Underworlds: Not a big fan of Bonesplitterz, but I really like the Mage and Wolverine. I feel like the one with the scaled outfit makes it feel less like a stereotype of hunter gatherer cultures and more like an earlier pulp era hominid that fought against dinosaurs which I really hope is the direction they take the range. Maybe they can take a note from Genndy Tartakovsky's Primal (the best but most violent and depressing show on television).

Quest!: So I do not plan on purchasing this set as my cousin plays all things Death and he has put a claim on this set. With that said oh my god those heroes, those villains, those troops! Everything in this is amazing! I want an army with that female heroes aesthetic. Like I literally will sit out several armies if we get Knights of Azyr! Imagine that was the update or reimagining for Brettonians or our version of Sisters of Battle!!! The Ogre is likely going to become the Tyrant for my Ogors if they ever sell him separately. Creepy necromancer hero is really dope his holy friend is less impressive but if she were the mage for a Knights of Azyr army I would easily forgive her.

NEW BATSWARMS! I feel my cousin will be upset after investing so much in the old Thriller zombies! The Vampire/Wolf aesthetic has a great Bram Stoker. That Vargulf makes me lean towards FEC over Nighthaunt as that is an insane model.

BE'LAKOR: YES!!! I have been waiting for a new release!!! I am @KingBrodd levels excited for this! I was worried about waiting as the Resin kit is beautiful but this seems like a faithful update and proportionally much bigger.

Overall: I loved pretty much everything and there was more new stuff than I expected. Obviously, I am getting Be'Lakor and ruining him with my terrible paint skills! I will not get Underworlds but I will play the hell out of it with my cousin and I look forward to seeing him field those beautiful models. I am especially excited that he will get some werewolves as he has been desperately trying to look for third party werewolves as he is clearly making a Hammer Horror Legions of Nagash army. I have also been on the fence about Lumineth this whole time as I have been waiting for their Emo cousins but this is maybe to much for me... until I saw the hint of Knights of Azyr!💖 

The Once Chosen shall lead the forces of the Neverchosen!

You're King Brodd levels of excited for everything... and worst of all, also for Aelves! 😡

• Haha 2

The Lumineth stuff is quite nice.  It's probably way too much to get all at once for me as I realistically haven't really done much painting on what I already have.  As for pricing, I kinda want some sort of box set to hopefully even just a slight discount.  Unfortunately, that's probably pretty unlikely.  I do want to note, I don't know about that banner bearer model.  It has a very big banner what looks to be attached to a fairly thin pole, and the model looks really top heavy.   However, the terrain piece is divine. 

What is further going to slow my collecting of these new Lumineth is the new Battletome.  Even if everything went as planned by GW with no pandemic, that's still only about a year with the last one. Which still would have likely beat the last two iterations of the space marine codex in turnaround time.  I especially don't like the BR: Teclis half-job.  When GW did that with Codex: Chaos Space Marines, I had to basically stop playing CSM as my rules became more and more spread out all over the place.  I play Black Legion which shouldn't have mattered but after Vigilus, they were this sorta weird half-faction yet still a subfaction that was ultimately a pain to play with rules all over the place.  Perhaps the only saving grace is that I am more interested in units already out for my army than those that have just been released.  So I could probably play with nothing more than the 'old' battletome anyways.

The Cursed City looks superb to me.  If the price is right I might pick it up.  I think I will wait for a second run as I assume it will sellout, and I have more that needs painting before I want to add more.  If I can't get a hold of by then at least I saved some bucks.

Belakor is a model I have been holding off from.  While I am a fan of the Chaos Undivided, I still kinda hold Belakor responsible for the removal of Undivided Daemon Princes.  That said, he is very useful in AoS and I believe exists in 40k.  As long as the model is less than $110US it will be worth considering.

Ultimately, a very good preview overall and one that very much has a lot I am interested in.  I can't wait to read all the posts (not really here) on how AoS is getting all the new models and all 40k gets is more Primaris space marines. 

are people checking the Cursed City site? lots of good good backstories updated. this one in particular, makes me think the "Ruination Chamber" mentioned for Stormcast will involve this Cult of the Comet. Slaanesh escaping, Excelsis falling (assumedly), and all of the other BR events sure feel like ruination to me, and would certainly cause some cults to spring up.

image.png.ac9e6ab6d14a68899a912af019df1a46.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

At this stage my perfect AoS 3.0 Starter is new Soulblight Gravelords vs new Ard Boyz and Savage Orruks.

I adore the new Skellies and Zombies. Excellent character to both sorts. The cheeky details on the zombies are excellent. 

The tuned up Steppe vibe of the Ogors (with a near East vibe on the skeleton Watchmen) is perfect.

I guess if I *had* to make a criticism it would be awful sculpting of Critterboy's cat.

Although I hope in the inevitable expansions we seem some named female villains. 

Please, GW, give me Arrer Boarboyz. I promise I'll be good. 🙏

14 minutes ago, MitGas said:

You're King Brodd levels of excited for everything... and worst of all, also for Aelves! 😡

Hey Chaos, needs something to corrupt and effete snobby Aelves make easy targets for the Dark Powers.

But honestly I am just looking for something to work as an oppositional force for my Slaves to Darkness. I started a cheap and small BCR army but I kinda want a Good, Bad and Ugly thing with my collection. I went with a red and white scheme for my Chaos Warriors and would like to contrast it with a Dark Coloured Order army... or if Malerion's forces fit my tastes I will give them a really bright and heroic scheme to contrast their likely sinister aesthetic. I really love Duardin and have been thinking about KO with a pirate theme but that goes beyond my hobby skills. I do think it is interesting that so much of Chaos is playing into the feelings of marginalization and feeling of belonging in opposition to the forces of order and hegemony... but for Aelves they are typically like, "yeah I am bored and up for some demon fun"

Edited by Neverchosen

1 hour ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

I KNOW RIGHT?

I'm not a demon-player, but Be'lakor is to me maybe the most iconic of the demon-line. Back in the mid-to-late-2000s when GW used to publish those annual catalogues (does any grognard here remember those?) and I used to read them ALL the time and day dream of models I could, at the time, not afford...and Be'lakor, this dark, menacing demon, always stood out to me. He's maybe my favourite demon character to date - the fact the catalogues eventually fell apart from extensive reading and the memory of that (then and, tbh, to me still) amazing old model make me SO hyped to see him updated!

...okay now I am thinking I should start playing demons just for Be'lakor...

Yeah i remember them :) the mail to.order bitz catalogues as well, they where the days :) spent many a hour daydreaming about models/armies i couldnt afford......oh wait i still do ahaha 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheR00zle said:

All willing to ally with your gate breaker subjects, and as usual the Dawi zhar are more then willing to arm  all with the “finest” weapons and armour know to the realms. 

Thank you kind Dawi Zhar!!

1 hour ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

I KNOW RIGHT?

I'm not a demon-player, but Be'lakor is to me maybe the most iconic of the demon-line. Back in the mid-to-late-2000s when GW used to publish those annual catalogues (does any grognard here remember those?) and I used to read them ALL the time and day dream of models I could, at the time, not afford...and Be'lakor, this dark, menacing demon, always stood out to me. He's maybe my favourite demon character to date - the fact the catalogues eventually fell apart from extensive reading and the memory of that (then and, tbh, to me still) amazing old model make me SO hyped to see him updated!

...okay now I am thinking I should start playing demons just for Be'lakor...

Mate I'm so excited for you!! I truly hope Bela'kor is everything you want him to be!! 

The Vargulf-wolf is absolutely my favourite model, I love a good monster and it is incredible. Hoping this also means we see new updated Ogors in the next few years as he is stunning. 

• LOVE IT! 2

Every model looks amazing for Cursed City. I really hope the price is reasonable so I don't have to pass up on it.

Lumineth are a bit meh. The bolt thrower is a big improvement on the WFB version but the swordmasters are laughable. The rest of the models shown in the range are equally hit and miss for me.

13 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Thank you kind Dawi Zhar!!

Mate I'm so excited for you!! I truly hope Bela'kor is everything you want him to be!! 

The Vargulf-wolf is absolutely my favourite model, I love a good monster and it is incredible. Hoping this also means we see new updated Ogors in the next few years as he is stunning. 

No problem, we owe you for Zhar Vyxia. Besides, if we're helping you we're ****** over the over pompous golden egomaniac, and also Sigvald. Though a bit of a heads up, I may be swapping over to a Tomb Kings/Gravelords theme, seeing as there's no rumors of Furnace Kings yet. 

Edited by TheR00zle

4 OGORS?

3 OF THEM UNDEAD?

YESSSSSSSS

TBH the zombie ogors, while great models, depart from the ogor aesthetic in ways I don't love. I like how pliable ogors are in adopting different cultures but that the importance of gutplates was a constant. They're also a little lanky, but then maybe death is slimming. Gratified the vampire ogor appears to have a gutplate, that may have been the most delightful surprise of the reveal.  Hope there's a Gnoblar Nighthaunt supplement. 

Edited by Klamm

10 minutes ago, TheR00zle said:

No problem, we owe you for Zhar Vyxia. Besides, if we're helping you we're ****** over the over pompous golden egomaniac, and also Sigvald. Though a bit of a heads up, I may be swapping over to a Tomb Kings/Gravelords theme, seeing as there's no rumors of Furnace Kings yet. 

Go right ahead of bearded one!! The skull the beard is attached to will be slightly more flesh less now.

Anyone else think the Knight of Azyr is a look at things to come for COS? An elite unit within that Faction.

1 minute ago, KingBrodd said:

Go right ahead of bearded one!! The skull the beard is attached to will be slightly more flesh less now.

Anyone else think the Knight of Azyr is a look at things to come for COS? An elite unit within that Faction.

I did plan on picking up that undead blood bowl dwarf, might as well follow through with that idea! Don't worry good sir, when the time comes you'll be well armored(so long as we get our compensation).

41 minutes ago, Souleater said:

At this stage my perfect AoS 3.0 Starter is new Soulblight Gravelords vs new Ard Boyz and Savage Orruks.

I adore the new Skellies and Zombies. Excellent character to both sorts. The cheeky details on the zombies are excellent. 

The tuned up Steppe vibe of the Ogors (with a near East vibe on the skeleton Watchmen) is perfect.

I guess if I *had* to make a criticism it would be awful sculpting of Critterboy's cat.

Although I hope in the inevitable expansions we seem some named female villains. 

Please, GW, give me Arrer Boarboyz. I promise I'll be good. 🙏

I'm a naughty, filthy lover of all things green but Ardboyz gosta go!!! There's just too much overlap with Brutes. And with the combination of orruk factions, savage boys make up the smaller fodder. 

They had their time under the moon as the biggest and best and imo should  be left to the old world now. True Ironjaws are the successors and rightfully so. They paid their dues through the age of chaos to become the top dog. Theres just too much overlap. 

+1 to savage arrer boarboyz!!! 

• Like 1