The Rumour Thread

12 hours ago, BaylorCorvette said:

Done correctly, I'd prefer option one. However I'd put money on option two based specially on the same "Soulblight Gravelords." To me that sounds like there will be skeletons and/or zombies involved, but hopefully some new undead creatures too.

I think it's a safe bet we're getting more monstrous vampire creatures. Flesh Eater Courts took a bunch and put them out of Nagash's general control. He's gonna want replacements and there's rumblings of Death realm God-beasts he's using in the White Dwarfs.

I wouldn't be surprised if they mirrored the Lumineth for the coming battle. Soulblight infantry to match the Lumineth troops while giant Death realm "spirits" battle Hysh's with some deadwalkers & deathrattlers on the side but also under their own control like in "Soul Wars" so you can run like all zombies with zombie commanders.

Edit: Also, i'm with the people betting a wolf monster focus. You can see a black cat on Cursed City map when the denizens were still good.

Nagash would push for wolves and dogs (one of which there's a Shyish God-beast known as Hrunspuul) which be opposed to cats as they ones in the Realm of Death are very useful to the living:

"Small, black cats are native to Shyish and few of the living bother them as besides dealing with vermin, they can detect unseen things and hence many a haunting shade or alleyghast has been revealed by the warning hiss of a cat. A cat is even a part of the city of Glymmsforge’s amethyst-and-sable heraldry in recognition of their importance to the city defences."

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

That would be absolutely great and a perfect place to introduce those Chamonite people !!! Though, going by the trailer artwork (from the back, yeah) I still think it looks more like an Ogor, an Orruk or a very big and burly Barbarian...

But a Clockwork Golem would also be a good equivalence with the beep-boop Man Of Iron  Imperial Robot from Blackstone Fortress.

Given the breadth of the AOS universe, I found myself more and more drawn to such "exotic", colorful and interesting new concepts or variations on classical WFB and 40k themes. That's why I loved Silver Tower, and why I almost got Beastgrave for the Kurnothi alone....

I think they confirmed it's an all Order force so Ogors and Orruks wouldn't fit. (And he seems too monstrous for a barbarian, but a Death realm tribesmen shouldn't be fully ruled out)

My 3 hopes on why he may be a Gholemkin:

1. He's very close to the Kharadron in his picture. That could hint they're both a team. The Gholemkin could be his bodyguard from Chamon as they arrived from the city's sky port and the Kharadron looks to be more a accountant that stays at range with his aether harpoon gun. He lacks a balloon so has the Gholemkin tank for him instead of floating away.

2. basically the Man of Iron. He was hugely popular and another surprise release like that fleshing out the new races of the realms would be hype.

3. He's wearing a finely crafted pauldron with a face and what looks to be a bit of clothe on his chest. That smacks more of his Kharadron employer crafting things for him and dressing him as the Destruction races lack both those fineries. (Only Ironjawz like pauldrons so far and they hand bash those from looted chaos armor, so wouldn't be baroque)

So BIG hope here for Gholemkin appearing here. :D

• Like 3

So the new Soulbound Campaign’s content - tension between Alarielle and CoS fits perfectly with a BR Alarielle book in the way the BR reveal article was worded. 

As the current Soulbound campaign centered on Anvilgard/Har Kuron also ties in with BR Morathi, this could be another big hint at Alarielle getting a campaign book this year.

https://www.cubicle7games.com/age-of-sigmar-soulbound-news-on-upcoming-titles/

Edited by LuminethMage
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Baron Klatz said:

I think they confirmed it's an all Order force so Ogors and Orruks wouldn't fit. (And he seems too monstrous for a barbarian, but a Death realm tribesmen shouldn't be fully ruled out)

My 3 hopes on why he may be a Gholemkin:

1. He's very close to the Kharadron in his picture. That could hint they're both a team. The Gholemkin could be his bodyguard from Chamon as they arrived from the city's sky port and the Kharadron looks to be more a accountant that stays at range with his aether harpoon gun. He lacks a balloon so has the Gholemkin tank for him instead of floating away.

2. basically the Man of Iron. He was hugely popular and another surprise release like that fleshing out the new races of the realms would be hype.

3. He's wearing a finely crafted pauldron with a face and what looks to be a bit of clothe on his chest. That smacks more of his Kharadron employer crafting things for him and dressing him as the Destruction races lack both those fineries. (Only Ironjawz like pauldrons so far and they hand bash those from looted chaos armor, so wouldn't be baroque)

So BIG hope here for Gholemkin appearing here. :D

I'm with you, I'm really hoping and almost convinced its Gholemkind!!

• Like 1

So Forgeworld went back to classify units into Grand alliances. i am going to go on a limb and say that everything in the AoS range (even Gloomspite units and greater daemons) is going to be purge really really soon.

probably the best time to get any model is now

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Grim Beasties said:

That's unfortunate, where did they say this, haven't been able to find anything?

Hmm, honestly not sure. I can't find anything concrete on the articles or twitter either. 

Maybe it was mentioned in the stream or facebook? On reddit and some youtube videos pouring over the info for clues they kept claiming it's all Order so an Ogor wouldn't fit. I just thought I missed something.

It's true it  certainly wouldn't be unprecedented in the realms. The Shyish Kharadron port of Toba Lorchai has Orruk merchants and spider grot black market guards amongst duardin city authorities so if it is just hearsay it could be an Ironjawz from there also working with the Kharadron.

Pros for it: the lore city in that realm. Soulbound coming out with Destruction heroes.

Cons: Gordrakk's upcoming assault gonna make Destruction and a Order alliance messy right now. Tougher to push this as a Cities of Sigmar release afterwards(Gholemkin can at least be put under Duardin keywords like Kurnothi got Sylvaneth)

So the possibilities are still open until someone can chime in with Order confirmation. :)

1 hour ago, LuminethMage said:

So the new Soulbound Campaign’s content - tension between Alarielle and CoS fits perfectly with a BR Alarielle book in the way the BR reveal article was worded. 

As the current Soulbound campaign centered on Anvilgard/Har Kuron also ties in with BR Morathi, this could be another big hint at Alarielle getting a campaign book this year.

https://www.cubicle7games.com/age-of-sigmar-soulbound-news-on-upcoming-titles/

Yeeeah, I'm calling it now. Ironweld are gonna get destroyed. Alarielle already went through this in Malign Portents, there's a point you just gotta pluck out that thorn in your side.

Upside though. Though Greywater might get squished by the almighty green thumb it can pull a Misthaven and have a new mecha city appear in Chamon or even Ulgu(seedy dark machinaries between duardin and darklings) to keep spreading the realm cities beyond Life & Fire realms.

Edited by Baron Klatz

On 1/26/2021 at 5:38 AM, Ragest said:

I’m hearing rumours about some communities working on their own faqs, with rule clearings and points changes.

Do you have any linkys on this? HeyWhoa once joked about rewriting the BoC battletome for Patreon supporters. TBH, I'd love something like this. 

7 hours ago, Kramer said:

I do community management for several companies and the worst thing you can do is to remove it. 
If it’s a vocal minority you brush it off with a joke (which they do often). And the majority wil respect amd support that. 
if you remove it,  people will see it as shady control. Regardless if it’s a minority or not. 

If it’s a majority than the best thing to do and maintain the attitude* is to own your mistake. 

*don’t know the non-jargon term for that in English, sorry

Back in the day I worked at GW US HQ. In addition to my actual job duties, I moderated the original forums (I was GW_JadeGriffinJoe or something like that).

Our IT director hated having to support the forums. Our management hated them as well. Too much work, too much complaining from customers. 

So ...

They shut the forums down and rejoiced. 

Dumb.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, KK9T said:

I wouldn’t want these kinds of passive aggressive comments on my marketing posts either. From a company perspective, it must be hard to deal with this fanbase sometimes.  In fact, it’s downright embarrassing to call myself a Warhammer aficionado when I see this kind of behaviour, even though it’s from a very vocal minority. 

That was completely fair game and presumably even the people responsible for the PR post laughed at it, assuming they have any sense of humor at all. They are presumably more aware than anybody what a poor job was done on that FAQ - and, if they are good at their jobs, will realize the value of those sorts of posts for letting off steam in general. As a good community manager, you're thrilled if the negative feedback you get is in the form of cheeky jokes, that's an absolutely ideal situation. Laughing customers are still customers; angry ones may not be for much longer. 

Incidentally the AOS community is one of the most positive and polite of any on the internet. You have to do something pretty remarkable  (like releasing a blink-and-you-missed it "comprehensive set of FAQs" while blatantly lying to the community about the reasons you didn't do a more serious job) to actually rile people up, and even then, almost nobody makes things personal even while venting their frustration with the company generally. I wouldn't even know where to start looking to find a generally more positive, friendly, and supportive fan base for a product. 

Edited by yukishiro1
  • Like 6

Been thinking about time line for releases and my prediction would look something like this 

Pre order 13/02 for release on 20/02

Slannesh and daughters of Khaine 

Pre order on 27/02 

Dark eldar

March if it goes back to weekly

Underworld lizards, broken realms teclis, titans, kill team. 

April warhammer quest. 

April for quest makes sense as gives a strong start to the year as I'm sure its going to be a good seller. 

4 hours ago, Sleboda said:

Back in the day I worked at GW US HQ. In addition to my actual job duties, I moderated the original forums (I was GW_JadeGriffinJoe or something like that).

Our IT director hated having to support the forums. Our management hated them as well. Too much work, too much complaining from customers. 

So ...

They shut the forums down and rejoiced. 

Dumb.

nobody says it is fun to moderate. But its worth it for the company. 

Last week a client of mine, it's a high school, had a sweet little post of an empty hallway with something like: 'Students we miss you. Keep save' 

You get the usual responses. Some genuine we miss you to, some sassy kids saying they didn't miss school and a lot of moms really wishing we take their kids off their hands... but one father who posted 'this is a ****** rule. Just open the school. ****** Rutte' (Rutte is our prime minister.) 

At that point their is no conversation to be had, and regardless of personal opinion thats not how we want the kids to talk, so I gave him the chance to change it. And when he didn't I removed the post. 

So you do have to deal with a lot of 💩

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ogregut said:

April for quest makes sense as gives a strong start to the year as I'm sure its going to be a good seller. 

Doesn't their financial year start in July? Thought that was why generals handbook/new editions launched over summer. So they could shift does numbers left and right.

14 hours ago, yukishiro1 said:

The 40k FAQ was only out 3 weeks ago and they're already putting up data-filled articles analyzing the changes. 

Meanwhile, AOS gets no changes in its FAQ because there wasn't enough data in 6 months to figure out that Kroak at 320 is a joke.

If we didn't know for a fact that the right hand at GW has no clue what the left hand is doing, it would feel like they're deliberating rubbing in how bogus their reasoning for doing nothing was. 

To be completely fair, this article was mostly written by Goonhammer guys who do intense, deep analysis of 40k.

And while GW's excuse about not enough data feels really flimsy, there has been substantially more data for 40k games being provided, mainly because 40k still dwarfs AOS in popularity.

6 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Yeeah, I'm calling it now. Ironweld are gonna get destroyed. Alarielle already went through this in Malign Portents, there's a point you just gotta pluck out that thorn in your side.:)

Upside though. Though Greywater might get squished by the almighty green thumb it can pull a Misthaven and have a new mecha city appear in Chamon or even Ulgu(seedy dark machinaries between duardin and darklings) to keep spreading the realm cities beyond Life & Fire realms.

Ironweld has one of the best models outside of Kharadron,which I really enjoy. I wouldn't like seeing the Gyrocopter gone.

That said, Cities outside of Ghyran and Aqshy would be a big improvement.

12 hours ago, Kramer said:

nobody says it is fun to moderate. But its worth it for the company. 

I actually really enjoyed doing it. I thought it was worth it.

It was the Director and other management folks that didn't have the foresight to keep it going.

Edited by Sleboda

9 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

I think its entirely possible to have an ogor within the group and still be order. In the old world ogres were well known as mercenaries and hired muscle. If I had to guess I think it'll be an hired ogor in the same vein as the one in Mordheim. 

Plus there's a chaos ogor in Warcry, why not an order ogor in this?

Guardaespaldas_ogro.jpg.62a5f96bd385d51d17b9c259b21d2e82.jpg

• Like 9

Warcry's a good caveat. They get passed the Ogor rule because it's one whole warband for AoS with a similar moveset(armored close combat) and doesn't use an Ogor keyword like the other warbands skip past aelves & duardin keyword worries.

Warhammer Quest models get ported over as individual heroes with unique skills though. So if they're all Order the Ogor would need to fit somewhere in the main game where it currently doesn't.

It's all still a mystery though and they can surprise us in a number of ways. The only hint we really have is the huge face pauldron as that's not something associated with them but could also be a red herring in itself for what race it is. Besides that the strange small crest and lump on his head along with the seeming lack of a gut could point away from an Ogor.

Gholemkin would still check more boxes in my mind if the Kharadron and sky port connection is anything to base it on but we'll see!

48 minutes ago, Shearl said:

I think its entirely possible to have an ogor within the group and still be order. In the old world ogres were well known as mercenaries and hired muscle. If I had to guess I think it'll be an hired ogor in the same vein as the one in Mordheim. 

Plus there's a chaos ogor in Warcry, why not an order ogor in this?

Guardaespaldas_ogro.jpg.62a5f96bd385d51d17b9c259b21d2e82.jpg

One of my all-time favorite models, the Mordheim Ogre Bodyguard! I'd love to see something like that.

• LOVE IT! 1

It could be. But man that upper body build and head crest has me thinking it's something else.

ogre-cursed-city.jpg

Even the thin Ogor breaker isn't rocking those long arms.

iron-golem-ogor-breacher.jpg

Edit: looking closer I notice a ring around his head too besides the crest. If that's too snug to be a helmet...parts keeping the head together?

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Baron Klatz said:

Warhammer Quest models get ported over as individual heroes with unique skills though. So if they're all Order the Ogor would need to fit somewhere in the main game where it currently doesn't.

I'm not convinced it's an ogre (though it does have some visual similarities with old school ogres rather than 6th ed. onwards ogres) but I don't think this is true or something GW takes into account all that much. The Mistweaver Saith and the Tenebrael Shade don't fit anywhere and they got released while models which could have been easily ported into AoS - Grot scuttlings and the Excelsior Warpriest - just weren't. Same for Blackstone Fortress, some of the models do fit into 40k armies but only with rather slapdash get-you-buy rules, while others don't really fit at all.

The body is very square and rigid compared to ogres or orruks, as if someone made it, so here’s hoping that’s further evidence for Gholem-kind. It’s shaping up to be an AoS version of the B.P.R.D at this rate with a Roger the Homunculus stand in. If we get an Idoneth Abe Sapien I’d die. 

11 hours ago, novakai said:

So Forgeworld went back to classify units into Grand alliances. i am going to go on a limb and say that everything in the AoS range (even Gloomspite units and greater daemons) is going to be purge really really soon.

probably the best time to get any model is now

Don`t think that they will discontinue the daemons since they are also usable in 40k (and just received new printed rules there). On top we got 5 kits which are relative new and were an explicit AoS release (2x Stormcast heads, Khorne Dragon, Skaarac, Mazarall).  Can`t imagine they`ll discontinue them soon.

Maybe FW will just stay with the current shrunken AoS line since all of the remaining kits are selling good?

• Like 1