The Rumour Thread

13 minutes ago, FireAbend said:

yeah, i could see a multiple of the images are one 40k model:

• the arm with books 
  • the staff
  • the back with bag
  • the holstered pistol
  • the scrolls
  • and the fancy boots (matching the back with bag symbols and same skull as on the holstered pistol)

Yeah could be a single inquisitor rather than a retinue..

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Really enjoying these daily Rumour Engines!! Though I do feel a lot of them are for the same mini.

hmm maybe that would actually be an interesting concept if they choose to do it more deliberate, i.e. give us a piece of a mini each day (or week) and ultimately reveal the whole thing in color so we could guess and then refine our guess until it becomes pretty obvious what it is just before the actual picture is released :)

• Like 2

I think there is also the chance that it is a leader model with a few followers either as part of a shared scenic base or just as an assistant: Katakros, Fabius Bile, The Triumph of Saint Katherine, Gorzag Gitstompa/Nikkit and I think a few other recent models have had similar conceits. Maybe some kind of named Priest Inquisitor (again I do not know 40k) with some followers carrying their books?

This could also tie into the key holding animals although I still fell those are going to be related to the upcoming Death release teased previously.

Edited by Neverchosen

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Really enjoying these daily Rumour Engines!! Though I do feel a lot of them are for the same mini.

i'm expecting at least an Inquisitor & Retinue set, I'd be surprised if it was a single model. But hoping it doesn't go past that because the last thing 40k needs is more Imperium models (or a whole new Inquisitor line) before new/rebooted xenos kits...

Edited by CommissarRotke

2 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

i'm expecting at least an Inquisitor & Retinue set, I'd be surprised if it was a single model. But hoping it doesn't go past that because the last thing 40k needs is more Imperium models (or a whole new Inquisitor line) before new/rebooted xenos kits...

I will likely be putting my foot in my mouth with this, but aren't Inquisitors Xenos adjacent? At least that one with an Eldar gun and dragon seem to be, but also might be an exception. I feel like many 40k players feel fiercely loyal to their plastic space factions and maybe this could help increase interest in the Xenos lines? With that in mind I could see the strange lizard thing as a similar pet or trophy or what have you to another inquisitor.

4 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I will likely be putting my foot in my mouth with this, but aren't Inquisitors Xenos adjacent? At least that one with an Eldar gun and dragon seem to be, but also might be an exception. I feel like many 40k players feel fiercely loyal to their plastic space factions and maybe this could help increase interest in the Xenos lines? With that in mind I could see the strange lizard thing as a similar pet or trophy or what have you to another inquisitor.

The Inquisition are tasked by the Emperor to protect humanity from the mutant, the heretic and the xenos. They are given special dispensation by the Emperor to use any and all means necessary to study their foe and to defeat them. 

Within their ranks they have a loose interpretation of these words and this this means that some will use Xeno technology. Plus because they are of the Inquisition others cannot question their authority to use xenotech. The Inquisition can, however, swoop in and crush any who are found using Xeno tech. 

They are basically a law unto themselves within the Imperium. So nope they are not friends of the Xenos and whilst a rare few might show tolerance and even respect to Xenos; at large they are a force of the Imperium and the Imperium is VERY xenophobic in general. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

If by "Xenos adjacent" you mean they have to get close to aliens in order to shoot them... then yes.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

The last two years didn't GW at least make a mention of the winter FAQ? AFAIK I haven't heard anything about a winter FAQ this year.

I don't recall hearing anything before, they just start appearing on the site an halfway through GW makes a post about it 😅

1 hour ago, BaylorCorvette said:

The last two years didn't GW at least make a mention of the winter FAQ? AFAIK I haven't heard anything about a winter FAQ this year.

They just drop faqs like bombs.

Patience guys, we doubt about battleforces but we had it, so this would be the same.

1 hour ago, Eldarain said:

Instead of updating the ancient Eldar line maybe they just release Exodites. 

I would love that... wait... that lizard thing? 🤯

I keep thinking that my desire for space elves riding dinosaurs should translate into wanting to play seraphon but they need model updates almost as badly as Skaven. Maybe the underworlds set will begin my journey into Jurassic Park.

I still hope this death stuff is a Legions of Nagash update!

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I keep thinking that my desire for space elves riding dinosaurs should translate into wanting to play seraphon but they need model updates almost as badly as Skaven. Maybe the underworlds set will begin my journey into Jurassic Park.

If they Silent Ones are indeed a Warband/Faction they will be my first foray into Underworlds!!

• LOVE IT! 1

11 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I agree I'm intrigued about Exodites - I'd hope they would be wild - like Wood elves WFB. The Seraphon are very interesting- some of their big beastie kits are amazing but they need an update- new skinks and Kroxigor in plastic. I'm looking forward to the underworlds war band to dip my toe in the range. 

• Like 1

t9uToTCAdaG7CrzS.png

Doesn't look ornate enough to be an Excelsior Warpriest, but the wooden shaft means it could be for a more mundane unit. What makes me doubt it's a Sigmarmite hammer is their recent stuff uses the shape they now hace on the Warhammer(tm) symbol, although the shape does appear on the WHFB War Altar.

Edited by Clan's Cynic

15 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

t9uToTCAdaG7CrzS.png

Doesn't look ornate enough to be an Excelsior Warpriest, but the wooden shaft means it could be for a more mundane unit. What makes me doubt it's a Sigmarmite hammer is their recent stuff uses the shape they now hace on the Warhammer(tm) symbol, although the shape does appear on the WHFB War Altar.

Could be a Siege Engine operator?

13 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Defo getting a witch hunter vibe off some of these. 

The 2 pronged spear thing looks like something a vampire hunter would use and today's hammer looks like something a witch hunter would wield. 

I would all over a vampires vs witch hunter box! 

Yes over here Gamesworkshop!! Give this man the money!!

I. Would. Be. All. Over. This. 

Mega Gargant Witch Hunter with Ballistae crossbow please.

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1