Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Keep cool guys, this is just another blank week before 2 WE of reveals...

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

1e993a8e.jpg

New look at a Lumineth heroes base?

That's just the spearmen sergeant.

Edited by divineauthority

Meh it's just drip feed marketing stuff, always is pretty soulless. 

Gotta hand it to the community team for their commitment. Someone had to write an article about elf rocks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, GeneralZero said:

Keep cool guys, this is just another blank week before 2 WE of reveals...

I am not that bothered by the meaningless article. It is the reference to hearing more 2 weeks from now that is more concerning. Surely we'll be hearing more at 1 or both of the Saturday reveals that happen before then, and this is just  reference to an article that gets into rules after we've seen the whole range.

• Like 1

Yeah, it's just info filler but I did enjoy the remarks on the realm of light being a place of higher learning and art with the beautiful carvings to reflect on top of Bonsai trees and wheat to show they're reclaiming the lands and may even point to their natural magic and elementalism healing the lands(akin to what the Sylvaneth and Wanderers do).

Which is why I found the desert base a nice touch, contrasted nicely with all the green bonsai scenery and hinted that Hysh is also a realm of rough deserts and ruins as well as the greenery and heavenly oceans of the paradise continents.

This little note from the Spires of Dawn guide always made me envision how beautiful those mystic flying islands must be.

"Glimmerfish is a species of edible fish found on the azure seas beneath the Transient Isles. They dance and leap through the air and iridescent scales sparkle in the sun."

• Like 1

So the new Warhammer Old World preview is up on WarCom and its about... Kislev?

I just went from barely interested to a lot more rather quickly...

Look at some of concept art.

P.S. A part of me can't help but think that they are generating updated Kislev art for the third chapter of Total War Warhammer.

58ebfbcf.jpg

• LOVE IT! 3

20 minutes ago, KevenM said:

.S. A part of me can't help but think that they are generating updated Kislev art for the third chapter of Total War Warhammer.

My thought too

47 minutes ago, KevenM said:

So the new Warhammer Old World preview is up on WarCom and its about... Kislev?

I just went from barely interested to a lot more rather quickly...

Look at some of concept art.

P.S. A part of me can't help but think that they are generating updated Kislev art for the third chapter of Total War Warhammer.

58ebfbcf.jpg

Me 2.

do you have a Link?

I have some old metal Kislev units, i was planning on converting them into realm of Ghur hunters for Izalend but now i'll likely sell them to get these as their ice magic aesthetic fits the Mortal Realms better. (Though i'll wait to get a model size confirmation. I don't need lady midgets in a Ghurian Freeguild army xD)

Surprised this got shown off before the reveals though, since concept art is so big at Adepticon this was probably gonna be a big reveal but got downgraded to news filler.

Oh well, big Lumineth and Sons of Behemet reveals instead then. :D

I'm also hoping for a new campaign book. So much has happened between Gordrakk's and Kataros' stories that I think they should release another one this year for everything going on in the realms, especially at Excelsis.

• Like 4

I wonder since GW have mentioned the Lore of Ice magic, if there has been a reference in AoS to a Realm of Ice?

It would be an interesting idea to introduce a new realm to AoS.

Just now, Harpo2 said:

I wonder since GW have mentioned the Lore of Ice magic, if there has been a reference in AoS to a Realm of Ice?

There are sub-realms,  So maybe one exist in the void between the bigger realms.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Harpo2 said:

The Lore of Ice wasn't one of the 8 Wind of magics, more like Elemental energy (perhaps related to one of the Eight), so that's not very likely. 

BUT if this theme interests you in AOS, I recommend you check that Realmgate Wars novel set in Ghur, the Realm Of Beasts, were some Ice tribes exists.............. ;) 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

I have some old metal Kislev units, i was planning on converting them into realm of Ghur hunters for Izalend but now i'll likely sell them to get these as their ice magic aesthetic fits the Mortal Realms better. (Though i'll wait to get a model size confirmation. I don't need lady midgets in a Ghurian Freeguild army xD)

Surprised this got shown off before the reveals though, since concept art is so big at Adepticon this was probably gonna be a big reveal but got downgraded to news filler.

Oh well, big Lumineth and Sons of Behemet reveals instead then. :D

I'm also hoping for a new campaign book. So much has happened between Gordrakk's and Kataros' stories that I think they should release another one this year for everything going on in the realms, especially at Excelsis.

If we get a full Son's reveal I'll lose my mind.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

If we get a full Son's reveal I'll lose my mind.

We won’t. We haven’t even had the full Lumineth reveal yet. 

1 minute ago, Still-young said:

We won’t. We haven’t even had the full Lumineth reveal yet. 

I'm not expecting it. I'm expecting the bare minimum honestly. 

• Like 1

Yeah, i'd flip for it but the most I'm expecting is the battletome cover and maybe some bigger teases to what is coming.

Just now, xking said:

There are sub-realms,  So maybe one exist in the void between the bigger realms.

That'd be a great idea to go about it like the Geminid twilight realm between Hysh and Ulgu. An ice realm existing between Ghyran/Ghur and Shyish so you have an frosted world of frozen carrion eaters and ferocious beasts that thrive in the endless tundras would be great for fierce tribes to build kingdoms in and conquer both the mighty beasts and cold horrors.

A sub-realm connecting to the realm of heaven would also be grand as being in the cold aether gives more wondrous possibilities as Josh described.

"What wonders do you imagine a person can see in the realm of heavens?

"Snowcapped mountain peaks that scrape the Firmament. Auroras which dance eternally across the horizon, no matter where you stand. Bridges of starlight, stretching across icy chasms which contain the last remnants of frozen civilisations. The ruined citadels of the Star-Dukes, shattered when Sigmar ascended to mastery of Azyr, and left to float in the emptiness between Azyrheim and Sigmaron. Ancient megalofins swimming through the blue-black void above the highest mountains. The Hoarfrost Plains, which shimmer blindingly in the dawn's light. The Moonfall Karaks, where the Warden Kings of Azyr forge the great Engines of Reclamation that the Dispossessed will use to reclaim their ancient holds. That kind of thing."

Just now, HorticulusTGA said:

The Lore of Ice wasn't one of the 8 Wind of magics, more like Elemental energy (perhaps related to one of the Eight), so that's not very likely. 

BUT if this theme interests you in AOS, I recommend you check that Realmgate Wars novel set in Ghur, the Realm Of Beasts, were some Ice tribes exists.............. ;) 

100% agreed! There's some great stuff in the Realmgate wars for this. Even in the Warstorm novel too where the Stormcasts encounter rime-covered mountains and harsh snows even in the fiery realm of Aqshy as they're assailed by both cold weather and blistering hot winds.

• Like 2

My god the Battletome cover would be so incredible!! It hadn't even crossed mind!!

Would love a Kislev vs Norsca intro set, with new chaos marauders and champion, would be able to use them in my AoS chaos army as well and that would tempt me to delve into the Old World game too!

• Like 5

Total war III is coming before the Old world right? Let’s hope they inspire each other as the videogame is a master piece. I just wish someone would do a Witcher kind of game in AoS...

The bases article today was lacklustre to be nice, usually I don’t mind but this was a bit underwhelming. If it was mixed with a better description of geography ok, but thrown this way it was really meh...

Anyway it’s 4 days and 18 hours to the first preview! I really hope for the new campaign direction, be Gordrakk doing his stuff or whatever comes next but more importantly how they plan to release new models before AoS 3.0. New small updates with few models and a mini codex Psychic awakening style? Or new Battletomes for AoS 1.9 factions? Or just new armies from here to the infinite and beyond? 😂 

• Like 1

No essential business is closing in UK so I guess there won't be any new releases anytime soon. 

• Like 1

Yep, Lumineth release postponed for sure. Wonder if the Previews will go ahead?

They said the 28th will have some major news so I don't see why not. At the very least they'll likely show off the Lumineth Mountain sub-faction since they've teased it so heavily and have some teases that still need revealing like the beautiful aelven veil one.

Just now, alghero81 said:

Total war III is coming before the Old world right?

Yeah, since the trilogy ends in 2022 with the license expiring, TWW3 will have to be next year where as OW is launching somewhere in 2023 or 2024(with how bad the virus is setting things back I wouldn't be surprised at the latter).

Though there's also a IP hurdle there. No telling if the license CA has will let them use stuff in another game even if they're both in the World-that-was.

Just now, alghero81 said:

I just wish someone would do a Witcher kind of game in AoS...

Haha, preaching to a very devout choir. xD

Any rpg game from Witcher to Dark Souls or even other stuff like a Monster Hunter set in Ghur or a Stormcast Vanguard title that plays like Darksiders would be extremely welcome to adventure in the Mortal Realms with. :D

• Like 1

Just a note the UK just put some stricter rules in place - so all the GW stores will be closed. Furthermore this could start to impact GW directly too as they are not an essential company. Tabletop Combat has already closed their factory and office doors for the duration and won't be doing any further work. Postal services might also be affected as whilst post offices might remain open; many are often located within shops and other retail outlets that might be forced to close.