The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Galas said:

Hmm... I think that all those batallions its a little overkill. I have prefered more pages of Lore and History, but well. Priorities and all that. 
A shame they don't include Slaves to Darkness units.

Dont need generic old Slaves getting in the way of the pure Khorne goodness! Theyd fit in a book with Everchosen and Chaos Monsters quite nicely tho...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Galas said:

Hmm... I think that all those batallions its a little overkill. I have prefered more pages of Lore and History, but well. Priorities and all that. 
A shame they don't include Slaves to Darkness units.

Same approach as Disciples of Tzeentch - actual Khorne models in the book, those that can choose the Khorne keyword not.

8 hours ago, DynamicCalories said:

Isn't there a mention of grot airships in WD?

7 hours ago, Nico said:

Grot Scuttlebags or something. Could be some kind of 8 legged flying Grots (cf. Grot Scuttlings in Silver Tower) or Grots within aircraft as you say. Probably aircraft being thrown by a Godbeast sized troll.

It's right here mentioned in the newly leaked fluff text and images on the Kharadron as well!

"Skywardens.... just as proficient at dealing with aerial harkrakens as they are with ragtag fleets of grotbag scuttlers and daemonic shoals of screamers of Tzeentch."

Give us grot scuttle bags!

Look for yourselves. 

From War of Sigmar... https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/1844

Skærmbillede 2017-03-30 kl. 01.48.40.png

Edited by Teletomas

Dont need generic old Slaves getting in the way of the pure Khorne goodness! Theyd fit in a book with Everchosen and Chaos Monsters quite nicely tho...

If the Warshrine is able to use a Prayer, then it's going to be a seriously strong part of a Khorne army.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nico said:

If the Warshrine is able to use a Prayer, then it's going to be a seriously strong part of a Khorne army.

Thats a great shout, i only painted one up last month and found it... uncompelling in battle. A cheeky prayer might give it that extra edge (i would still take it before a second bloodsecrator anyway!)

It still doesnt need to be in the Khorne book though. The fact I could take one, keep allegiance AND get a boost for it does boggle the mind a bit when i cant do the same by adding my (bright red!) Chimera!

In other news, if Blood Tithe is based on how many models are killed my Dark Feast bloodreavers are gonna be more suicidal than ever!

• Like 1

In other news, if Blood Tithe is based on how many models are killed my Dark Feast bloodreavers are gonna be more suicidal than ever!

They might have to have an FAQ question as to whether you can attack your own models. :) It's an open question in the core rules (surprisingly).

Edited by Nico
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nico said:

They might have to have a formal FAQ as to whether you can attack your own models. :) It's an open question in the core rules (surprisingly).

acc6d0cc2fa3030894e8979ca5c07a44.png

I'd shoot off a single pink horror to force a battleshock test with destiny dice to claim an objective at the end of a turn. Good call Nico!

15 minutes ago, Nico said:

They might have to have an FAQ question as to whether you can attack your own models. :) It's an open question in the core rules (surprisingly).

We were just talking about this last night.

I'd shoot off a single pink horror to force a battleshock test with destiny dice to claim an objective at the end of a turn. Good call Nico!

From a unit that was already depleted you mean? Interesting. that could backfire as you need to allocate the shots before you roll any dice; so killing exactly one model isn't trivial; and you might roll a 1 on the D6 for the number that come back.

Edited by Nico

3 minutes ago, Nico said:

From a unit that was already depleted you mean? Interesting. that could backfire as you need to allocate the shots before you roll any dice; so killing exactly one model isn't trivial; and you might roll a 1 on the D6 for the number that come back.

Oh, assuming I had a Tzeentch army I'd just fire a single shot from each unit within range capable of shooting at the said unit until I killed a horror. I'm an entirely gamey cretin and honestly quite glad I don't have a Tzeentch army.

Also I would um... waste use Kairos for the number of models that came back.

The idea of attacking your own units, while not explicitly outlawed in the rules, does not seem to be intended. For instance, in Picking Targets, criteria are mentioned "to attack an enemy unit" but not for friendly fire. Further, if "a model splits its attacks between two or more enemy units" there is a discussion of how to roll those attacks. In Making Attacks, under 2. Wound Roll, the rules specifically mention the opposing player. In 4. Determine Damage, there is mention of attacks rolled at the same time, but "must be directed at the same enemy unit." 

To me, then, the rules do not explicitly outlaw attacking one's own unit. However, there are strong implications that you can only attack an enemy unit unless specifically directed otherwise (e.g., from the Wrathmongers' Bloodfury ability).

• Like 10

41 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

Oh, assuming I had a Tzeentch army I'd just fire a single shot from each unit within range capable of shooting at the said unit until I killed a horror. I'm an entirely gamey cretin and honestly quite glad I don't have a Tzeentch army.

Also I would um... waste use Kairos for the number of models that came back.

Seems very long winded.... And boring... 

1 hour ago, Auticus said:

The rules don't explicitly outlaw flipping the table either ;)

To me its a permissive ruleset.  It tells you what you *can* do.  If the rules don't state you *can* do it, you cannot.  

I might have to use that option ;)

@Thomas Lyons mentioned in Warhammer Weekly that the rumour engine pick has obviously been photoshopped, so for all we know, the hooks might even be attached to flesh. Just to open up even more options for what we might be looking at. Could fit in with some new Skaven monster :D

51 minutes ago, Galas said:

To me, the "anchor" seems Destruction. Look at it. The "stick" that conect the 3 parts its like a bone. But not a Death bone, its just like... archaic, Destruction tribal style.

when i looked at it I thought a piece of wood not bone but I agree with it being destruction. Immediatley thought of grots in airships.

1 hour ago, roberto said:

You'll have to wait for the next battletome, "Colonels of Khorne".

Shucks I'll keep my ear to the ground for rumors, time to get crackin' and stalk the internet.

Edited by Dez
  • Like 2