The Rumour Thread

8 minutes ago, Galas said:

I'm totally thinking on put this release in underwater-like bases and make them a Submarine dwarven force. I just neet to find a way to... "close" the ships to make them subacuatic.

No need to.  The crew are all wearing scuba gear.

Edited by roberto

*facepalm* You are correct. 

My level of english really don't let me express how much I love the scuba infantry. Its my favorite thing of this whole release, but, like 100 times above the second one. But can I say. I always prefer the lowly grunt than the ultra ornate heroes/generals.

Edited by Galas

I think it is insane we were deprived of rumour for what felt like forever and then they drop an entire new army on is, revealing numerous units and characters in one go. And on top two new games are announced. Crazy! 

The new dwarves have a lot more character than that other army fully encased in armour... the balloon guys, especially the top hat dude, I don't like. The other stuff is pretty great and the ships... damn. All that metal could be hard to paint though. Could get really boring If you don't know how to paint lots of different metal tones. Then again, they might look awesome in color. 

I can finally stop talking myself out of buying a Start Collecting Malignants box(luckily my FLGS is aways out of that one, so having to ask to get it orderd was enough extra work to stop me). I was really starting to think the steampunk Dwarf rumors would never pan out. Now I guess I'll save up my lunch money and finally get into AoS in the next month or two.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Those guys will be hard to paint. The level and amount of detail is crazy

My thoughts exactly :/

I have been thinking something like this for my current and planned armies

Working with now: Sylvaneth (Competitive play)
Planned: Ironjawz (Casual play with friends)
Planned: Kharadron overlords (Collect and paint slowly)

Edited by Amradiel

1 hour ago, elfhead said:

I think it is insane we were deprived of rumour for what felt like forever and then they drop an entire new army on is, revealing numerous units and characters in one go. And on top two new games are announced. Crazy!  

Agreed! This was a dangerous amount of reveal. It may well have caused numerous heart attacks amongst the dispossessed community. It should really come with a health warning.

7 hours ago, aquietfrog said:

So the cthulhu aelves are basically black ark corsairs cranked up to 11?  Kraken aesthetic and all?

I hope so and i am ready for them to come up from the depths and be super High fantasy. I have always been an aelf player but I really love the looks of this new dwarven faction. I am a person who likes it when sci-fi and fantasy blend as that's when i feel hey are at their strongest personally. I cannot wait to have an order faction made up of sky dwarves and aelves from the deep 

Just now, Malakithe said:

You know what the scary thing is? Imagine the level of a potential death release...it will probably be mind blowing as GW continues to escalate 

this is so true. Everything is clearly going to be nuts from here on out. What a time to be alive!

• Like 4

GW right now:

58c9ca2a154c2_giphy1.gif.801b5e931c6eac147ddd60375ae08003.gif

I'm not 100% sold on these guys, but I feel like the moment I see an actual model I'll love them. They feel like dwarfs made with a proper vision. Not just "steampunk dwarfs" or "classic dwarfs". It's a twisted, insane vision, but a vision non-the-less. And everything else they have announced seem like solid hits as well. GW is just doing the sort of stuff that none of the other miniature companies are doing right now. The rescue process of the "sinking ship" feels done. They aren't sinking any more. GW is back.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, AAL said:

I hope so and i am ready for them to come up from the depths and be super High fantasy. I have always been an aelf player but I really love the looks of this new dwarven faction. I am a person who likes it when sci-fi and fantasy blend as that's when i feel hey are at their strongest personally. I cannot wait to have an order faction made up of sky dwarves and aelves from the deep 

Was there mention of an aelve release being next? Sorry, I've been out of the loop for awhile and trying to catch up. 

3 hours ago, ballstowall said:

Was there mention of an aelve release being next? Sorry, I've been out of the loop for awhile and trying to catch up. 

No mention of it yet but rumors that it should be expected in summer.

16 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

Whoops, sorry. Here's an awesome arm shot I hadn't seen posted here yet from GW's facebook page (no repainted old dwarf kits in this picture):

7kStMME.jpg

Am very interested to see someone paint them in a non Brass plus team colour scheme. Particularly the foot soldiers and im nota  fan of an over abundence of gold.