The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Danaork said:

have we seen other Spearhead Warscroll on live ?

I think all the minis participating got their warscrolls on screen. But I just joined for a few seconds out of curiosity.

1 hour ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

I was worried when people talked about scenery that the units would be less,i'm glad it's not the same.

Probably going to take it for the Ruination chamber but keeping the rats also(as a dawi player i need to mantain enemies closer than friends ahaha).

I think they put 40 Clan Rats on purpose so the body count was higher. It is higher indeed, but we have less chunky minis (probably less sprues).

I'm actually a little intimidated by the sheer number of clanrats. I was thinking of picking up the Skaven side of the box and trying to figure out a quick painting method with Contrasts, as my usual painting style is too slooooow, but 40 well-detailed clanrats feels a little too much even for that.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

So not an issue for all of us, and not an issue for anyone who's got some D6 games kicking around but maybe for absolute newbies... does it not have dice in it? Is that a GW thing now to not have a handful of dice in the launch/starter boxes for total newbies?

Dice are not common in the recent launch boxes. Dominion didn’t have any, nor Leviathan. I think this is targeted at existing players and players who are new to AoS, but not new to wargaming in general, who all should have dice already.

The later starter boxes will likely have dice for completely new players.

• Thanks 1

Loving the launch box, best one yet imo!

Thinking about the starter boxes, there’s a good chance they will include clanrats which will be great for picking up more at a reasonable price later on.

• Like 2

While the early reports were suggesting a lot less models in the box, I would've still preferred a box without the Spearhead book, spearhead cards, terrain or mat that was just cheaper.

All the minis are great, and even with the increased price it's still a big discount, but I do not want extra ****** cluttering my house up or having to just chuck stuff out because I have no need of it nor can I find a good home for it. It's just wasteful.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

very very interested to see what they'll do with rat ogres; they seem to come in squads of 3 like Stormvermin so i wonder if they'll just be more like basic melee troops that're harder to kill vs. swiss army knife semi-ranged dudes.

edit: stormfiends.  lmao.

Edited by bethebee

50 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Are you certain it's 210 euro? While I previous said that 200 euro is the max it should cost, you do get a lot more than expected. Thus if it is 210 euro. It's a good price.

All the mini's are amazing!

It is in the raffle T&C.

4 minutes ago, bethebee said:

very very interested to see what they'll do with rat ogres; they seem to come in squads of 3 like Stormvermin so i wonder if they'll just be more like basic melee troops that're harder to kill vs. swiss army knife semi-ranged dudes.

Uff I know this is a writing mistake but just think what the outrage wpuld be if Stormvermins got sold in boxes of 3 models instead of the 20 it currently is😂

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

I'm actually a little intimidated by the sheer number of clanrats. I was thinking of picking up the Skaven side of the box and trying to figure out a quick painting method with Contrasts, as my usual painting style is too slooooow, but 40 well-detailed clanrats feels a little too much even for that.

Weirdly enough, more  detailed stuff is easier to paint with contrast. A good example is the leather hafts on weapons. Those used to be a nightmare to highlight but this is just a single coat of contrast. Screenshot_20240517-151713.png.427c81e3acf498eae972266691eacd21.png

I think the flesh and fur will be fine with just a layer of contrast. You would only need to highlight the cloth to have a mini that looks pretty good. 

As for the number of clan rats, putting repeated sprues in the box is much cheaper than unique ones. I'm sure that's why there are 40 clan rats. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Uff I know this is a writing mistake but just think what the outrage wpuld be if Stormvermins got sold in boxes of 3 models instead of the 20 it currently is😂

too many things in this game named after storms!!!  it's excessive

38 minutes ago, SilentSentinel said:

Damn that's an amazing box, both sides look great and I'm glad the terrain and game mat didn't really seem to diminish the amount of models in the box. Even if I don't use the terrain or mat for AoS I could possibly find uses for them in other games like Conquest.

That being said I think part of me still wishes they kept the terrain and game mat to the separate starter sets to potentially keep the price of the launch box down because $450 aud is brutal. Thankfully the usual store I get Warhammer stuff from has a 21% discount so that'll knock a decent chunk off the price off at least.

What store do you use? Always looking for ways around the Australia tax

Really great models all round, and the price is pretty good. I shouldn’t buy it and don’t think I will, but it is very tempting. Maybe I’ll get one half off eBay like I did with the Nids from Leviathan, but I really like both sides here. 

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Freypal said:

Do we have a confirmed or rumoured release date for the launch box as yet? Couldn't see anything..,.

Looking at dominion and soul wars end of june / early july releases, i Assume pre orders go up towards end of june as two weeks seem to be the norm now.

Edited by Kempak

Fortunately for me, I do not play any of the two armies, but oh boy, they are beautiful! I have never liked the Skaven aesthetic, but, still, these minis are impressive. Especially that Grey Seer.

And the SCE heroes are crazy good. I love the errant knight design that the Questor has. This is going to be a bestseller.

7 hours ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

*coughs in boxes full of 3D printed terrain*
I like the idea for newbies, I hate that it's at the cost of minis.

It isn't. The idea is to have a fully playable box with two Spearheads, board and terrain. That's the product. Not 'two Spearheads missing terrain, but with extra couple of minis, for a good measure'.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Still-young said:

I think it’s much, much better than the current one. I do have a soft spot for the old metal one though. 

IMG_9219.jpeg

IMG_9225.webp

IMG_9226.jpeg

New sculpt is amazing and is definitely the best one yet, I just think their choice of paint scheme is not the best. It feels very muted and flat. Making the robes a slightly daker colour and making the runes on the weapon green would go a long way to making the model look even better.

• Like 1