The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Asbestress said:

image.png.d2a5c8a7dc3ddc1b8bbb2361f536097d.png

Article (and thumbnail) say it's the city of Hel Crown.

Which according to Lexicanum is a Khorne stronghold.
With Cities iconography made specifically for it.
With a unique icon and heraldic beasts.
And definitely Order Cities of Sigmar themed.

WHAT

I love the idea that there are chaos strongholds out there trying to disguise themselves as Free Cities. Khorne seems like the least likely god to pull that off, but you won't see me complaining!

It'd be a cool narrative to have, say, Warpstone jewelry coming from a city called Hel Crown, only for the Order of Azyr to investigate and discover the jewelry is actually coming from the Chaos Stronghold Hellcrown. If the jewelry was making the wearer violent and murderous, surely Khorne could appreciate a rival city killing itself

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

Screenshot_20240401-220814.png.1d2b82cb6f6d366b37be447d1df53892.png

Will this be the look of the new model? 

I know Soup is a bit of a dirty word for Duardin fans but seeing Grombrindal leading Kharadron and Fyreslayers is such a cool idea. A horde of berserkers taking to the ground as heavy metal airships cover them from the sky reigning hot metal and support to the sharpened axes and battle focused slayers below!

• Like 8
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I know Soup is a bit of a dirty word for Duardin fans but seeing Grombrindal leading Kharadron and Fyreslayers is such a cool idea. A horde of berserkers taking to the ground as heavy metal airships cover them from the sky reigning hot metal and support to the sharpened axes and battle focused slayers below!

And you would have a larger army. Two problems solve at once 🤐

• Sad 2

10 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

That sounds like a balance nightmare. 

• Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I assume that zipped mouth is from Duardin fans not enjoying the suggestion of doubling the range of their faction.

8l6ayq.jpg

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

That sounds like a balance nightmare. 

Yeah, as someone who plays both KO and Fyreslayers the last LAST thing I want is for KO to get nerfed movement and shooting and Fyreslayers to get nerfed melee and durability so that they can be played as a "balanced" army. But I've been over this a thousand times already, souping only appeals to people who don't like two armies by and large. I don't expect it to happen though, at most it'll just be Grombrindal having his own Army of Renown rules for people that do want to go down that road.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Merging 2 of the AoS original armies and ignoring their established lore to unite them under a WFB character would be stupid.

Luckily, artwork of 2 factions together doesn't mean souping in any way (or CoS and SCE would be long merged by now), unless Nezzhil is actually leaking.

Coalition rules? Fine (except that Legion of the First Prince already highlighted the issues with that). Soup? Please combine some of the Aelf factions first if you really need soup that bad.

Edited by Snarff
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

A 'larger army' consisting for 50% of unwanted models not fitting the others faction.

The two factions shine because of their differences, merging them would be a disservice to everyone.

• Confused 1

No no no no no. We are not doing this again.

FS and KO are not being souped. This is just artwork featuring AOS Duardin.

There has been plenty of Destruction art with Ogors and Orruks and Gargants and Grots and they werent souped.

wmzywR.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 11
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, KingBrodd said:

No no no no no. We are not doing this again.

FS and KO are not being souped. This is just artwork featuring AOS Duardin.

There has been plenty of Destruction art with Ogors and Orruks and Gargants and Grots and they werent souped.

wmzywR.gif

Yeah I'm not worried in the slightest until we get an actual Whitefang response or other reliable leak. I'll just enjoy the Duardin lore we're bound to get.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Wouldn't mind looser rules for adding Kharadron to a Fyerslayer force and vice/versa; wouldn't complain if Duardin left Cities to get a third faction that the other two factions (still existing in their own books) could soup into 

If Aelves can have multiple fully fleshed out concepts, not sure why Duardin and Orruks both need to be mashed into one book

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

About SoB. We always think they won't have a Warcry/ UW warband. What if GW surprises us with a warband with a big minor giant and some smaller minis of a bigger version of the little creatures that King Brodd carries with him?

I've been wondering the same thing.

Of course, what I would love is a band of the afore-mentioned little creatures, plus two massive mega-gargant feet as "units" that can stomp around the battlefield.

Utterly impractical for many reasons, but good gosh it'd be a laugh!

• Haha 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Snarff said:

Merging 2 of the AoS original armies and ignoring their established lore to unite them under a WFB character would be stupid.

Luckily, artwork of 2 factions together doesn't mean souping in any way (or CoS and SCE would be long merged by now), unless Nezzhil is actually leaking.

Coalition rules? Fine (except that Legion of the First Prince already highlighted the issues with that). Soup? Please combine some of the Aelf factions first if you really need soup that bad.

Narratively the fyreslayers and kharadron have much more ground to be grouped together than any of the existing aelf factions. I doubt it'll happen though, even a combined BT with separate faction battle traits like orruk warclans would be pushing it

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Soup books are terrible

Un-soup ogors, orruks, and gitz

We are gonna have more soups instead of splitting armies. While Workshop use physical books of factions as launch references for update factions the number is limited to the production of books.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Soup books are terrible

Un-soup ogors, orruks, and gitz

Orruks yes, gitz yes if we get a proper expansion for the gitmob side, spiders and gloomspite fit well thematically imo and I don't want them to separate troggoths into their own army either. Ogors we'll have to see, a standalone beastclaw book would be pretty bad with the current range, maybe some of the new stuff from the presumed upcoming release wave will be multi build as either beastclaw or classic ogors and they could make it work though 

1 hour ago, Pizzaprez said:

Wouldn't mind looser rules for adding Kharadron to a Fyerslayer force and vice/versa; wouldn't complain if Duardin left Cities to get a third faction that the other two factions (still existing in their own books) could soup into 

If Aelves can have multiple fully fleshed out concepts, not sure why Duardin and Orruks both need to be mashed into one book

I feel like this is exactly what coalition should be used for. Keep the armies separate but have the potential of teaming up somewhat as a sub-faction like how Cities of Sigmar do it, or if you were to have the returned Grombrindal in either army.