The Rumour Thread

As a result, the Aelves of Ulgu (Malerion) could firstly, attack Cities by encroaching on the Mortal Realms for the first time with Stormcasts returning Azyr or secondly, feel in danger from the threat of Slaanesh.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Vaellas said:

Les royaumes étant en désarroi, les serviteurs de Slaanesh commencent à avoir plus de liberté pour briser les chaînes qui lient leur Dieu, pas tous, mais un peu plus pour permettre l'arrivée de plus d'Hédonites.

As a result, the Aelves of Ulgu (Malerion) could firstly, attack Cities by encroaching on the Mortal Realms for the first time with Stormcasts returning to Azyr or secondly, feel in danger from the threat of Slaanesh.

As my main army is fyreslayers I appreciate the new monster model is what happens if you don't keep your oath, even if misguided.

Although when a slayer can't keep their oath to perish in battle they become the avatar of grimnir (finally just finished all the slayer novels) so nice.

I'm sad to hear the potential squatting of boc in aos. Although, I assume these darkoath models are replacing the tradition marauder models?

When I first saw the ogroids I thought they'd eventually replace boc as their own faction.  I mean kragnos screamed boc and all could of lined up. But if they get a refresh similar to this...

I'm trying to be good as I have a massive pile of potential (shame) but as I have all the warcry warbands I might be tempted. Was awaiting to see the khorne forces but see what the full line up will be.

I just hope fyreslayers get cavalry like slayers riding smaller magmadroths seeing the kynedroth in the warband gives me hope. Fec had a warband with smaller beasts in it a few months before their refresh so hopefully positive about the direction of the hobby. 

• Like 2

The increased number of Slaaneshi demons (new models) will mean a hunt they have tried before. The Idoneth, meaning new defences to hold them off.

Meanwhile in Ghyran the Beasts lash out at Old rivals Sylvaneth which Drychas savage followers do not appreciate, unleashing their warcry.

I will be very suprised if next edition isn't in ulgu, skaven invasion or something. Freeing of slaanesh stirs malerion to rise and in the burnt out ashes the dawi-zharr unleash their legions on the beaten up realm.

Because in noble dark realms there is only ur-gold to be collected.

• Like 4

The Darkoath models are brilliant. But is it just me or does the art on the boxes seem so elegant and cool!! It feels more like a limited edition item. Might buy just because of the box…. IMG_0179.jpeg.854d74fae77f06dbc38f89599a22e5b2.jpeg

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

The Darkoath models are brilliant. But is it just me or does the art on the boxes seem so elegant and cool!! It feels more like a limited edition item. Might buy just because of the box…. IMG_0179.jpeg.854d74fae77f06dbc38f89599a22e5b2.jpeg

Well, army boxes are always limited edition items for AoS.

• Like 1

OK Here We Go! I reviewed the lead up to adepticon and leviathan from last year here is what I think we can expect these coming weeks. Buckle up we are in for a whirlwind of reveals!

Weeks Leading Up To Adepticon

March 11th last year (Arks of Omen): Vashtor Pre-order - This Year March 9th (Dawnbringers): Krethusa Pre-order

March 12th last year (Leviathan Tease 1): Echoes from the warp - This Year March 10th or 11th 4th Edition Tease 1

March 20th last year (Leviathan Tease 2): The shadows clear - This Year March 18th 4th Edition Tease 2

Adepticon

Last Year - Leviathan Reveal, Kill Team Reveal, (Arks of Omen): Lion El Johnson Reveal

This Year - 4th Edition Reveal, Warcry Dual Box Reveal (I am personally hoping for Kurnothi & Ossiarch like in the dawnbringers story)(Interchangable with underworlds reveal), Dawnbringers 6 Reveal with lady of ruin & Korghus Khul Ascended

*Hot take: Khuls ascension to demonhood will be the bridging model for the stories end like kragnos was heading in to 3rd

Others

Last year - in the weeks leading up to adepticon there were also a reveals for necromunda, and boarding patrols.

This year - this could mean reveals for underworlds (Interchangable with war cry), and the spearheads boxes leading up to adepticon this year

After Adepticon

Last Year March 25th: Arks of Omen: Tau Preorder

This Year March 23rd: Darkoath Army Preorder

I honestly believe they will follow the format of last year's Adepticon lead up. Id put money on this. Let's see if my logic holds firm! Who is with me!

Edited by IronVIke
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • LOVE IT! 3

5 minutes ago, IronVIke said:

OK Here We Go! I reviewed the lead up to adepticon and leviathan from last year here is what I think we can expect these coming weeks. Buckle up we are in for a whirlwind of reveals!

Weeks Leading Up To Adepticon

March 11th last year (Arks of Omen): Vashtor Pre-order - This Year March 9th (Dawnbringers): Krethusa Pre-order

March 12th last year (Leviathan Tease 1): Echoes from the warp - This Year March 10th or 11th 4th Edition Tease 1

March 20th last year (Leviathan Tease 2): The shadows clear - This Year March 18th 4th Edition Tease 2

Adepticon

Last Year - Leviathan Reveal, Kill Team Reveal, (Arks of Omen): Lion El Johnson Reveal

This Year - 4th Edition Reveal, Warcry Dual Box Reveal (I am personally hoping for Kurnothi & Ossiarch like in the dawnbringers story)(Interchangable with underworlds reveal), Dawnbringers 6 Reveal with lady of ruin & Korghus Kul Ascended - 

*Hot take: Khuls ascension to demonhood will be the bridging model for the stories end like kragnos was heading in to 3rd

Others

Last year - in the weeks leading up to adepticon there were also a reveals for necromunda, and boarding patrols.

This year - this could mean reveals for underworlds (Interchangable with war cry), and the spearheads boxes leading up to adepticon this year

After Adepticon

Last Year March 25th: Arks of Omen: Tau Preorder

This Year March 23rd: Darkoath Army Preorder

I honestly believe they will follow the format of last year's Adepticon lead up. Id put money on this. Let's see if my logic holds firm! Who is with me!

Cannot believe we could see the first tease so soon! Awesome work.

• Like 3

I wonder if GW will try to do something similar to Marines in 40k, with AoS factions? 

A larger "standard" Battletome and then Battletome supplements for "sub-factions" 

A STD Battletome and then a Darkoath Battletome supplement? Or  Orruk Battletome with Iron Jaw supplement, etc?

(Side note, does anyone else find it a little galling that the new Dark Angel Codex supplement is RRP £20 for a Hardback 96 page book compared to £32.50 for 96 page hardback Battletome (Like Fyreslayers, or Kharadron)? 

3 minutes ago, Hollow said:

I wonder if GW will try to do something similar to Marines in 40k, with AoS factions? 

A larger "standard" Battletome and then Battletome supplements for "sub-factions" 

A STD Battletome and then a Darkoath Battletome supplement? Or  Orruk Battletome with Iron Jaw supplement, etc?

(Side note, does anyone else find it a little galling that the new Dark Angel Codex supplement is RRP £20 for a Hardback 96 page book compared to £32.50 for 96 page hardback Battletome (Like Fyreslayers, or Kharadron)? 

0 chances, AoS subfactions arent that big, AoS suppliments are just "heres new stuff in this booklet because we arent remaking a whole battletome for 5 units" and the chances of them going 40k are close to 0

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Hollow said:

GW tried that in the early stages of AoS with the Stormcast extremis book that only had Dragons in it, but those failed hard. Peachy also goes into this subject in one of the painting phase videos, but can't remember which one it is. 

And AoS is much better for it if you ask me, I don't need every stormhost to have 4 unique units and chaos to be divided even further than it is now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kronos said:

I really like those darkoath, I really really do, stunning miniatures, jaw dropping sculpts…

These should have been Beastmen. 

Put beastmen heads on them and you‘ve got an army of furries at least! Slaanesh might approve.

Edited by MitGas
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Jetlife said:

GW used to put a copy of the art work inside the box, I've a whole wall of them but that stopped sometime last year. Shame because as you said, the darkoath art is beautiful. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Vaellas said:

I am wondering what the story could be for Skaven vs Stormcast.

Sigmarites have been busy founding new cities and colonies all over the realms, and the SCE are involved a lot in it alongside the dawnbringers as each proper city of Sigmar needs a stormkeep. But every city needs infrastructure, including sewers, and where there’s sewers, there’s rats, and where there’s rats… you get the idea.

7 hours ago, Vaellas said:

It would be interesting if the Skaven are the first to find a way to warp in to Azyr causing the Stormcast to be on the defensive and as a result have less presence in the rest of the realms.

They already do I think. Eshin assassins can warp into Azyr and use it to spy on the SCE. I remember a short story about it (I think ? Anyone with deeper lore knowledge correct me if I’m wrong). Maybe this time the activities will be of a bigger scale than just spying, with assassinations, sabotage, etc.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Vaellas said:

I am wondering what the story could be for Skaven vs Stormcast. It would be interesting if the Skaven are the first to find a way to warp in to Azyr causing the Stormcast to be on the defensive and as a result have less presence in the rest of the realms.

The other forces rivalling order would be able to gain a larger foothold in the realms and Cities would play a more important role against them now Stormcast are preoccupied.

The realms in disarray, the minions of Slaanesh begin to have more freedom in breaking the chains binding their God, not all of them, but a little more to allow for more Hedonites.

For Skaven vs Stormcast - In the Dawnbringers Story: The Mechanisms of Ruin. One of the warlocks creates what could be considered a soul destroying weapon..."When the warpstone core is attuned to a piece of Queelum’s body, an attached warhead will become attuned to Queelum’s soul-scent. Its blast will annihilate his very essence!"

So what if the skaven have created weapons that also destroy a stormcasts soul when killing them. So Sigmars answer to this is pragmatic. Why have soldiers with multiple reforgings left get their soul disintegrated, when you can crack open the ruination chamber and use a bunch of stormcast who are on their last reforging. effective spending of resources will be the reason.

And I think I still maintain that we are headed to chamon for 4th, its the best place to introduce the Chorfs and renew the Skaven, BoC, Ogres, fyreslayers. Everything will be built around war machines, all of which fit these faction updates.

Malareon and Slannesh and ulgu will end up waiting until 5th edition or be part of the transition to 5th

Edited by IronVIke
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Vaellas said:

I am wondering what the story could be for Skaven vs Stormcast. It would be interesting if the Skaven are the first to find a way to warp in to Azyr causing the Stormcast to be on the defensive and as a result have less presence in the rest of the realms.

The other forces rivalling order would be able to gain a larger foothold in the realms and Cities would play a more important role against them now Stormcast are preoccupied.

The realms in disarray, the minions of Slaanesh begin to have more freedom in breaking the chains binding their God, not all of them, but a little more to allow for more Hedonites.

Whitefang insinuated that GA: Death would get involved as protagonists as well, so I am thinking that Skaven might figure out how to destroy or otherwise mess with souls. Obviously, that scares Sigmar, since it might stop Stormcast from reforging. But Nagash would also hate it, since he views all souls as being rightfully his. That would explain the team-up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IronVIke said:

So what if the skaven have created weapons that also destroy a stormcasts soul when killing them. So Sigmars answer to this is pragmatic. Why have soldiers with multiple reforgings left get their soul disintegrated, when you can crack open the ruination chamber and use a bunch of stormcast who are on their last reforging. effective spending of resources will be the reason

Still imo such a weapons nullifies the entire setting by defacto being more powerful than the gods and even being able to permanently kill Deamons, Gods and just everything.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

If the 500 White Dwarf secret they keep "close to their chest" isn't a Grombrindal model, I will be very dissapointed.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do something around Dwarfs in The Old World.

• Like 1