The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, DD-Lord said:

From those leaks, it looks like the Darkoath are now their own full-fledged faction. (The third in the Slaves to Darkness)

I suppose we should have seen it coming since they already had two hero units. (The Warqueen and the Champion). I am guessing that means we should probably keep an eye out for any future models for the Legion of the First Prince.The gnomes were a surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one. 

The new Darkoath look phenomenal. 

Agreed. Slot in perfectly to the STD book, and really turn the faction up to 11. Its hard not to love Slaves now. They have everything, everything is nice and fresh, and on top of that you can look forward to releases for all 4 primary gods to augment/ add more flavor to your collection

• Like 4

lol it is so weird, std allready got a refresh with this tome. now they will get another big wave???

always hated gw since old fantasy for his unfair threathment of armyes where some got releases every edittion and others wouldnt even get his book for some whole edittions.

same is happening in aos too....

in another note, someone noticed how the stonemage of lumineth dissapeared from store?? isnt out of stok or unavaliable, it is straith disapeared, cant buy it!!!!!

some bug?? intended?? or could mean that new spearhead box of lumineth will be stonemage plus some units so they got it off as standalone kit??

Edited by Kitsumy

1 minute ago, Kitsumy said:

lol it is so weird, std allready got a refresh with this tome. now ther will get another big wave???

always hated gw since old fantasy for his unfairer threathment of armyes where some got releases every edittion and others wouldnt even get his book for some whole edittions.

same is happening in aos too....

in another note, someone noticed how the stonemage of lumineth dissapeared from store?? isnt out of stok or unavaliable, it is straith disapeared, cant buy it!!!!!

some bug?? intended?? or could mean that new spearhead box of lumineth will be stonemage plus some units so they got it off as standalone kit??

I noticed it when I was creating the RE site. It was like a month ago or more.

I looked through all the current Darkoath minis, and it seems like they have had the design down since the original Malign Portents warqueen, with the:

Segmented shield

Spoiler

image.png.88a01f631bb970081ed45fb0cd333bde.png

And little runestones

Spoiler

image.png.944a1c5e761a780254e9349038129f0f.png

So it seems like this really has been coming for a loooong time.

And also makes the disappearance of the Excelsior Warpriest, since the (aesthetically also a bit different) Darkoath Chieftain also comes from the box, so most likely they didn't have the full design laid out for Cities or Darkoath.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I ain’t talking about the morbillion magic items, mount options, lores of magic, upgrades, options and special rules you can buy on your units and characters in TOW, but of the army roster and composition. In that StD has all that WoC has to offer, plus the Warcry bands and AoS special characters. Of course the customisation is gonna be less deep, AoS BTs choose to have a more focused set of enhancements compared to the myriad of good (and bad) ones TOW offers. 

Maybe this opinion is unpopular, but i never considered weapon options to be really meaningful, maybe in 40k, but definetly not in fantasy, especially when the objectively better option is usually pretty easy to spot, there isnt a reason to take longbeards with hand weapons, or the dfference between thunderers and quarerels is laughable, but quararels are still a better pick so everyone runs them, never really felt any "depth" in that system, it doesnt quite change how you use a unit, compared to how different devastator squad with meltas would play compared to devastator squad with las cannons, most of the time is either i use whatever minis i have, or i use whatever is better

• Like 3

Just now, Ejecutor said:

I noticed it when I was creating the RE site. It was like a month ago or more.

It's been gone at least half a year.

Last time I remember seeing it was around Spring last year before the Vanguard came out as "temporarily out of stock".

9 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I ain’t talking about the morbillion magic items, mount options, lores of magic, upgrades, options and special rules you can buy on your units and characters in TOW, but of the army roster and composition. In that StD has all that WoC has to offer, plus the Warcry bands and AoS special characters. Of course the customisation is gonna be less deep, AoS BTs choose to have a more focused set of enhancements compared to the myriad of good (and bad) ones TOW offers. 

I can't say I agree 🙂 . The focused set of enchantments are so great, that I mostly ignore them or forget them. Same with every dismounted character 😉.

While StD has a huge amount of warcry bands, they aren't really useable and are more of a gimmick. Their strength are the visuals, but rulewise they are a mess. I.e the darkoath savagers. The proven have +1 damage, but they are on a 28,5 mm base like the gloryseekers who do less damage. Than the wrathtouched (aka Wolverine) is on a 32mm base, but has the same amount of attacks/damage output as the gloryseekers and thus weaker than a proven who is on a smaller base. I wouldn't have a problem that all those warcry bands are removed and that there is good Darkoath infantry set that can work as a proper unit.

Sadly the diversity within the AoS StD is a gimmick, it's show only. It's not comperable with how a player can make a WoC army his own.

The special characters for WoC will come with the Arane journal and campaign books. If you are in special characters ofcourse.

• Confused 1

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Btw, just show in the loot FB group that someone shared here (I think @Gitzdee) that the Rook (and many others) is being sold in Warhammer World!!

image.png.5f82a878773ea44e59a2d8c4e13e32a9.png

image.png.ca8d0b5fedf7af944476b3c8f337fd01.png

Is this just for the event or will they have them for sale at WHW going forward? It's about an hour drive from me, so could be worth the fuel costs to grab them. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SunStorm said:

Is this just for the event or will they have them for sale at WHW going forward? It's about an hour drive from me, so could be worth the fuel costs to grab them. 

I don't know. It was not supposed to be for sale until Adepticon according to the showcase post, but if you going I would be interested in a couple if you don't mind getting them and sending them to Spain!

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Btw, just show in the loot FB group that someone shared here (I think @Gitzdee) that the Rook (and many others) is being sold in Warhammer World!!

Might have to make the trip up there sometime soon, quite a few of those I'd like actually.

Also just now seeing the darkoath leaks, they're glorious, love the wendigo monster and marauder cavalry

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SunStorm said:

Sir if you're going Please PM !!!!!!!!! 🙏🙏🙏

28 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

I can't say I agree 🙂 . The focused set of enchantments are so great, that I mostly ignore them or forget them. Same with every dismounted character 😉.

While StD has a huge amount of warcry bands, they aren't really useable and are more of a gimmick. Their strength are the visuals, but rulewise they are a mess. I.e the darkoath savagers. The proven have +1 damage, but they are on a 28,5 mm base like the gloryseekers who do less damage. Than the wrathtouched (aka Wolverine) is on a 32mm base, but has the same amount of attacks/damage output as the gloryseekers and thus weaker than a proven who is on a smaller base. I wouldn't have a problem that all those warcry bands are removed and that there is good Darkoath infantry set that can work as a proper unit.

Sadly the diversity within the AoS StD is a gimmick, it's show only. It's not comperable with how a player can make a WoC army his own.

The special characters for WoC will come with the Arane journal and campaign books. If you are in special characters ofcourse.

Leaving foot heroes at home might be true for the Slaves To Darkness, but it's definitely not true for the Bonereapers, where I'm pretty sure that everyone besides "I Am Having An Identity Crisis" Soulreaper has seen play (And even they showed up as a cheap Merciless Blizzard dispenser in a few lists, I think). I do think that Heroes need to differentiate themselves from other heroes more though, especially because it feels like every single one has to have a D2 attack somewhere on their profile even when they shouldn't be hitting very hard at all.

• Like 1

GeeDubs employees login on to Reddit and other social media to see the reactions to the new releases, only to find out that the entire Darkoath range has been leaked. 

18d7iv.jpg

Edited by DD-Lord
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Yeah, StD got a lot of fat basically. Plenty of pretty useless units that serve little purpose, kinda like SCE. I figure the Warcry will really just stay as extra units to collect but Darkoath are probably going to be more like the marauders of old; a viable second branch. I hope that‘s it now for StD though; other armies need stuff more.

I like what they‘re getting though! While I‘ll always be a fan of heavy armor in StD, these new models look really good.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Thanks! Hope i can get this Rook thing somehow so i can build my Lethis army.

Edited by Gitzdee

1 hour ago, DD-Lord said:

From those leaks, it looks like the Darkoath are now their own full-fledged faction. (The third in the Slaves to Darkness)

I suppose we should have seen it coming since they already had two hero units. (The Warqueen and the Champion). I am guessing that means we should probably keep an eye out for any future models for the Legion of the First Prince.The gnomes were a surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one. 

The new Darkoath look phenomenal. 

Also, this whole thing reminded me of a comment of mine from some weeks ago where I remarked that the Darkoath seems to have completely overtaken the "barbarous" Conan-esque aesthetic for themselves. And Whitefang reacted to it. Man, we really should have seen this coming. 

The way I'm seeing interpreting this post is that we have Darkoath, who are the "normal" mortals of the realms and the Norsca/Hung stand ins of the setting, complete with marauders, horses, and various chaos-aligned beasts. Next, we have the classic Warriors of Chaos range largely refreshed, complete with Archaon leading them, filling out the role of "standard army" for Chaos Undivided. Be'lakor and his Legion of The First Prince (plus war cry cults) are the, to borrow a term I am uncomfortable with for a variety of reasons, "terrorists/axis of resistance" of the realms: they don't bow to Sigmar & Co, and are largely influenced by foreign entities without actively being linked to them.

32 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Yeah, StD got a lot of fat basically. Plenty of pretty useless units that serve little purpose, kinda like SCE. I figure the Warcry will really just stay as extra units to collect but Darkoath are probably going to be more like the marauders of old; a viable second branch. I hope that‘s it now for StD though; other armies need stuff more.

I like what they‘re getting though! While I‘ll always be a fan of heavy armor in StD, these new models look really good.

It's like GW heard every complaint about Chaos and Death armies back in Fantasy and decided "Nope, not going through that again." Most of the war cry bands are sadly just gimmick troops (Spire Tyrants) or teasers of things to come for other factions(Cypher Lords+Splintered Fang=Slaanesh and Tzeentch aesthetic, Horns of Hashut for chorfs, etc). With that said, I truly love 95% of the war cry bands if for nothing else then that they are a proper testing ground for new styles and help make the realms feel more "lived in." 

In regards to the new dark oath units, much like @MitGas and many others I find myself loving what we have seen so far. The mixture of bronze and iron armor, oath stones, and general "barbarian" imagery makes them feel like the true starting point for chaos worship in the mortal realms. I'm curious as to whether or not the new horsemen are a dual build (melee or ranged), and whether or not what has been "previewed" is all that we're getting, but for now I will gladly wait until the next reveal for more information!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tonhel said:

Cultists base sizes are a bit weird, but I don't think its too bad? I run Rotmire in Nurgle and you just need to put the little dudes in front rank. 

Corvus Cabal are a good choice as a utility unit, not good at fighting but have the deepstrike and are invisible in terrain. If you want to fight with them then 5 are on 25mm and the other 4 are above that means they can easily fight in 2 ranks with everyone fighting.

Cypher lords  have awkward base sizes, since they only have 3 25mm ones and the other 5 are 28m and above . Should still be able to get most in. 70 points is pretty dang low. 

Dark Oath Salvagers do indeed have awkward base sizes, with 7 out of 10 on 28mm and the rest 32.  

I'm going to be honest, I was going through the cultist units one by one and forgot how many of them there are.

A fair few of them have enough 25mm bases to easily fight in 2 ranks anyway. (Splintered fang being a big one).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Btw. That smith Darkoath looks heavily inspired by the mandalorian smith :D

This is the way.

5 hours ago, MitGas said:

Looks like a cleric beast minotaur... at this point I'm convinced the design studio plays Fromsoft games.

FEC and the recent COS Knight ran that message home for me.

4 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

They’d be fools not to, Fromsoft makes good games. Hell, the book I’m trying to write is primary based on a mixture of Ancient Egypt, Feudal Japan, and Fromsoft+Yugioh’s aesthetic choices.

Yugiohs aesthetic is such an absolute banger!!

e58e794fd1acb2a41e57cbccd1a53111.gif

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 3

50 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

This is the way.

FEC and the recent COS Knight ran that message home for me.

Yugiohs aesthetic is such an absolute banger!!

e58e794fd1acb2a41e57cbccd1a53111.gif

I will not lie, Relinquished haunted more then a few of my nightmares growing up.

Unknown.jpeg.3ea26551372aac2e02e8f4916c056d7d.jpeg 

the Millennium Eye plays a large part in my story since the main characters are ritually blinded in order to properly serve the local Sun-Goddess and her mortal descendants.dao9ntm-9db22806-77f5-4629-b10f-6e4f187d910f.jpg.d2f016d2c19a199187bf4cb4372c6f72.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

I can't wait to get my hands on that anniversary Runesmiter (or two), I want to use that model for my Soulbound character! Such a pity they're so hard to get and limited, especially when the sculpt is so much better than the original. But I guess they did the same for FeC with the Ghoul King.

• Like 2

Wondering if the Pyre and Flood will be announced for pre order tomorrow. Just noticed that Hunter and Hunted is no longer on the webstore maybe in preperation for the solo releases coming out at the same time as Pyre and Flood.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

Cultists base sizes are a bit weird, but I don't think its too bad? I run Rotmire in Nurgle and you just need to put the little dudes in front rank. 

Corvus Cabal are a good choice as a utility unit, not good at fighting but have the deepstrike and are invisible in terrain. If you want to fight with them then 5 are on 25mm and the other 4 are above that means they can easily fight in 2 ranks with everyone fighting.

Cypher lords  have awkward base sizes, since they only have 3 25mm ones and the other 5 are 28m and above . Should still be able to get most in. 70 points is pretty dang low. 

Dark Oath Salvagers do indeed have awkward base sizes, with 7 out of 10 on 28mm and the rest 32.  

I'm going to be honest, I was going through the cultist units one by one and forgot how many of them there are.

A fair few of them have enough 25mm bases to easily fight in 2 ranks anyway. (Splintered fang being a big one).

The cultist warbands fit in great in TOW warriors list, the tarantula dudes are now my Forsaken of Slannesh 

IMG_20240301_205227.jpg

• Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 1