The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Luperci said:

Warcry last box of Gnarlwood with Daemons of Nurgle vs Chaos Dwarfs. The end of the cycle

EDIT: We have a bunch of rumour engines that could be Chaos Dwarfs and we have another amount of Nurgle ones.

Edited by Nezzhil
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Idoneth vs Nurgle for Warcry maybe?

Unlikely to be nurgle again so soon unless it's daemons this time, though death guard could get a kill team next maybe

Edited by Luperci

I am thinking WHU Sylvaneth with perhaps a more spite revenant vibe. The bees would match up with Drycha vibes and we did have what looked like a more gnarled wood RE which could be more of this unit previously. It would be cool to see more variation on what their side of the Sylvaneth has to offer outside of Drycha and basic spite revanants.

2023-12-05.PNG

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Luperci said:

That swirl is 100%  sylvaneth artistic flourish: if they put a spiral on a hive on a branch with leaves sculpted on and it isn't sylvaneth i'll be shook. I feel like spirals are a dead giveaway! Love the sylvaneth in general and each model release they have is better than the last!

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

Warcry last box of Gnarlwood with Daemons of Nurgle vs Chaos Dwarfs. The end of the cycle

EDIT: We have a bunch of rumour engines that could be Chaos Dwarfs and we have another amount of Nurgle ones.

Don't give me hope! Starting the season with Horns of Hashut and "these guys are panicking bc the Chaos Duardin are on their way and expect the forest gone" and ending it with "the Chaos Duardin are here to fight the forest themselves" would be way too cool! Looking at the Chaos-esque rumor engines, I see a looney tunes looking bomb that could either be CD or Skaven, but the clean craftsmanship makes me thing Duardin

I think the monster head, spiky armor, spear, and severed heads could all belong to the same chaos character sculpt: maybe something for Dawnbringers? I've been trying to reel myself in a bit after I spent some time a couple years ago utterly sure all the rumor engine claws were Malerion faction stuff ahead of the Soulblight releases

Key Dates for preview stuff over the next few months if it helps people....

- GW Black Library Preview - 5th Feb to 9th Feb (next week!)

- Adepticon 2024 - 20th March to 24th March

- UK Games Expo - 31st May to 2nd June

GW will probably add stuff in between but that's the next batch of probable previews and what we will get released. We may see a Age of Sigmar tease at Adepticon but I think it will still be focused on Dawnbringers and UK Games Expo will be either showing off the next edition or allowing you to play it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

On 1/29/2024 at 9:05 PM, cyrus said:

Dawnbringers book 5 will come shortly after Dawnbringers 4 they said during the preview , so less than a month and likely very beginning of March.

Dawnbringers 6 with a STD/darkoath mid size release is already confirmed by Whitefang, likely early april    :)

I think will be early march

31 minutes ago, Vaellas said:

I am thinking WHU Sylvaneth with perhaps a more spite revenant vibe. The bees would match up with Drycha vibes and we did have what looked like a more gnarled wood RE which could be more of this unit previously. It would be cool to see more variation on what their side of the Sylvaneth has to offer outside of Drycha and basic spite revanants.

2023-12-05.PNG

I know sylvaneth has gotten a lot of love over the life span of AOS but I agree that the one spot it is lacking is the "darker" side of the army. Drycha and the spites could use another unit of two and then I feel the trees would be good till the end of time!

• Like 3

On 1/26/2024 at 6:12 PM, DD-Lord said:

It's good to see that the "bonespliters getting squated" rumor is not taken seriously anymore.

As for the Spiderfangs personally, I am more curious as to what they would look like if they got new models, assuming GeeDubs decided to retire their native American look.

Isn't this art fairly recent? The first I remember seeing it was in the grimscuttle white dwarf. Its in the same vein as the current stuff but the influence is less pronounced.

image.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Yes those look like Nurgle flies and the hives are rotten torsos on the branches [always hoping for Kurnothi though..😇🦌

1 hour ago, Vaellas said:

2023-12-05.PNG

could be nurgle...but also could be nature:

image.png.a1c89d6ecb6c225b35dcae5ea82e7b0e.png

• Like 2