The Rumour Thread

8 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Does anyone else think the eye patch and front paw are painted to look metallic? That part is throwing me off. Otherwise with the sculpted base I'd think Underworlds for sure.

i think it looks more like skin tone. or a slight hint of fur, like shaved

4 hours ago, Iradekhorne said:

Boyz, do you think we are going to have a new Battlescroll?

Is 8 of January, the last one was the 14 of September.

Do you think they aren't going to balance AOS again because the campaing? Or maybe because they haven't enought data... xD

I'm good with the anual general handbook, but only if we have the Battlescrolls balancing a bit every 3 months... No need big changes, but... the lower factions usually need this changes.

There will be a new Battlescroll after LVO, don't worry.

The normal time is mid-January (the previous one was early) and it'll be slightly delayed to be after LVO and Cancon, being the 2 biggest tournaments of the year.

• Like 1

I've mentioned this before, but I really wish that GW would move to a monthly (Last weekend of the month) "WARHAMMER PREVIEW" show (at a scheduled optimum time) with a section for each of their 4 "Warhammer settings" (40k, AoS, HH & ToW) and the games contained within them. Each section wouldn't need to be only models, models models, but could have Warhammer+ trailers, Black Library Interviews, lore dumps, computer game previews, rules updates and miniature previews. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Hollow said:

I've mentioned this before, but I really wish that GW would move to a monthly (Last weekend of the month) "WARHAMMER PREVIEW" show (at a scheduled optimum time) with a section for each of their 4 "Warhammer settings" (40k, AoS, HH & ToW) and the games contained within them. Each section wouldn't need to be only models, models models, but could have Warhammer+ trailers, Black Library Interviews, lore dumps, computer game previews, rules updates and miniature previews. 

Nah, they really prefer to put it all behind the paywall of Warhammer+

3 minutes ago, Hollow said:

I know many users who complain even when they talk. They just want models, models, models. I love the idea, but I think would be a failure once ppl realise it is not that.

10 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I know many users who complain even when they talk. They just want models, models, models. I love the idea, but I think would be a failure once ppl realise it is not that.

Those rude entitled dummies should be ignored. I think GW would generate a far larger and robust audience if they had a scheduled regular Preview Show.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

Weird glowy-eyed cat and cane makes me think Rogue Trader or Inquisitor first, rather than anything Age of Sigmar, but I'd be delighted to be wrong.

I think the sculpted base means it’s probably Warhammer Underworlds. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Vanguards? Those are so 3.0, so now we have Spearheads!

It's not too surprising they are switching the Vanguard sets for new ones as they also seem to be doing that for the 40k Combat Patrols (but those keep the same name) 

Its more surprising that its already happening now and not in 4th. 
Also the new name could be because they also plan to have a "spearhead" only game mode like the combat patrol gamemode for 40k and they didn't want people to mix up the boxes

• Like 1

If Stormcast Eternals are not your jam, then a) may Sigmar have mercy on your soul, and b) fear not, as we’re reliably informed that plenty of other factions from across the Mortal Realms will be getting their own Spearhead boxes in due course.

There's more to come too, which is cool!

I do like these as a "What to buy after the Vanguard" as a general boost to your force for newer players rather than just jumping in a the deep end. Although it is a bit unclear if these replace Vanguards or not

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Luperci said:

Not even showing the kruleboyz one off is annoying 

Kruleboyz one was released recently under the Vanguard title but contains the same format of stuff, the extra sprue from Dominion, 1 unit of infantry (10 Gutrippaz) and an E2B kit (Beastskewer Bow)

12 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Vanguards? Those are so 3.0, so now we have Spearheads! Or at least a Stormcast one.

ELIxmcP8PkInULqj.jpg

How many points is this? And is it a legal/valid force on it's own. 

(I could try to work it out later in the app, but I'm sure some of you fine folk had it worked out already, mentally, within seconds 😀)

8 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

Although it is a bit unclear if these replace Vanguards or not

The Stomcast Eternal Vanguard seems to be gone from the store so I suspect these are the replacements running up to 4th. It makes sense as there are 20+ to get through before summer if this is going to be its own little mini game like combat patrol. (Which I suspect is going to be the case