The Rumour Thread

31 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

AOS has ruined 40k for me. Those sculpts are nice enough, but they're just very slightly different versions of things that already existed. GW put so much more effort and creative energy into AOS these days. 

• Like 10

55 minutes ago, mawhis117 said:

AOS has ruined 40k for me. Those sculpts are nice enough, but they're just very slightly different versions of things that already existed. GW put so much more effort and creative energy into AOS these days. 

I always thought the same. Imo it is time that something happens in 40k and marines get a completely different look.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Vagard said:

Merry Christmas to all! 

seems like we already have some rumor engines revealed ! 

I don't think i missed something

image.png.c2bd5f92659f9611dfd782d7d44c9337.pngimage.png.02fa77c35fbc70633aa1d31eacb1debc.pngimage.png.53fa69a709ebd6a3821c8e2fd6b7e4f7.png

image.png.858e009f2c998359f3eea4b6a9c36bd2.png

Then tomorrow (or whenever it happens) we can expect a similar number of models for AoS!

Imo they would be all based on Dawnbringers models as this is based in a quite recent release.

• LOVE IT! 1

10 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Hopefully an AOS reveal tomorrow.

I think it’s The Old World tomorrow but don’t forget we will probably have a New Year’s Eve reveal as well.

6 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

I really hope AoS doesn't go that way. Space Marines are synonym to boredom. I'm in the hobby for 8 years and haven't been surprised even by one Space Marine model throughout this time.

At the moment they seem to be creative with AOS which I think is great. Early in this current edition I got bored due to the refresh of armies but nothing new. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, michu said:

I'm the other way around. I prefer when updates to armies stick to old aesthetic just with improved sculpts, not when they change completely.
*looks angrily at the new CoS...*

And potentially missing the mark with a new design of marines would be disastrous for GW. Risking to upset existing fans in order to appease people who, probably, won't invest in marines regardless of how they look is not an option.

Also, asking for a marine refresh would be asking for even more marines releases for years to come. :D

Edited by pnkdth
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Then tomorrow (or whenever it happens) we can expect a similar number of models for AoS!

Imo they would be all based on Dawnbringers models as this is based in a quite recent release.

Hmmm no. The big reveal was for today. We can be happy if we see more than 3 models.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I think it’s The Old World tomorrow but don’t forget we will probably have a New Year’s Eve reveal as well.

At the moment they seem to be creative with AOS which I think is great. Early in this current edition I got bored due to the refresh of armies but nothing new. 

Ah hopefully on New Years then!!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I always thought the same. Imo it is time that something happens in 40k and marines get a completely different look.

I think Primaris is the closest you're going to get to that for a while.

To be honest I actually don't mind Space Marine spam. As long as people keep buying Space Marines then GW will be able to keep making all the other stuff we love. I can't see GW surviving at the size and quality they are without the cash cow if 40k generally and Space Marines specifically.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Now you‘re just being unrealistic. 😂 They got new armor styles a couple of years ago that‘s pretty recent in 40k terms, I figure the next big thing is them going back to the helmet style that started with mk5 (the one with a grill in the middle/vader-esque) as that is the definite look of SMs in most people‘s eyes. 

The new DA models are really nice but about as exciting as opening a package of batteries for non-DA collectors. Yeah, yeah, I‘m repenting for being blunt. At least it‘s not Space Wolves!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sir Grimm said:

So are we thinking we are going to get some of the other reveals today? The Sons of the Lion reveal was kinda early in the day and now they are weirdly quiet.. :/  

That's probably it for today, more to come tomorrow and teases during the week 

• Thanks 1