The Rumour Thread

Keep in mind that Age of Sigmar has only been out for eight years at this point. Eight years into its lifespan, 40k was still in 2nd Edition. And eight years into Fantasy's lifespan, they were still in 3rd edition and armybooks weren't even a thing for it yet. The only licensed media for them were just a bunch of Hero Quest and Space Hulk video games. Well, in 1996 they made that Inquisitor film for Warhammer 40k, but that just looked like a Command and Conquer cutscene except with even less budget. 

Edited by BarakUrbaz
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

No idea!! 

g22ZK5MYYDbGGbY5-665x599.jpg

It's obviously a Cities plague doctor!

Oh, wait,

Spoiler

image.png.f41b34c276dc40d1ee97c6df816b9a03.png

Seriously though, I think we are getting a Festus remake/new Nurgle "doctor" character and this is their backpack.

Spoiler

image.png.d4aeb4e583163a45cb1b56ccf9a41e72.png

P.S.: now that we've seen some more "corroded"/less refined wood, now I 100% think these two are both the same model/squad and that it's for Cities (who appear to have become the ultimate masters of smooth looking woodwork now that the refresh is done)

Spoiler

image.png.748cc6344973c273503a01df9a0a6ee1.png

Spoiler

image.png.e707aaf6dc67e0123c1b411f21962fd2.png

Edit: although, it isn't that banged up looking... And those little metal ending parts do kinda look like small animal head shapes...
New Cities Arch-Surgeon it is!

Edited by Asbestress

18 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Keep in mind that Age of Sigmar has only been out for eight years at this point. Eight years into its lifespan, 40k was still in 2nd Edition. And eight years into Fantasy's lifespan, they were still in 3rd edition and armybooks weren't even a thing for it yet. The only licensed media for them were just a bunch of Hero Quest and Space Hulk video games. Well, in 1996 they made that Inquisitor film for Warhammer 40k, but that just looked like a Command and Conquer cutscene except with even less budget. 

GW ought to treat AoS more like one of their two flagship games though. The lack of AoS content on W+ for example was extremely glaring. Some factions have never had a BL book from their point of view either (like FeC, Seraphon etc.) The setting is already great, but expanding on it will take actual effort on GWs part which they are barely putting in.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, madmac said:

This one is just...It doesn't look like scenery to me, so it pretty much has to be someone with an entire alchemist rack on their back, like a battle chemist. Given the workmanship, also...new CoS character, I guess???

Imo it is either CoS, as you mentioned or something from Nighthaunt related to this:

Zj4fScO3QYXzdwbY.png

As someone mentioned rats could also fit, but I see it as the third option.

7 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

It's obviously a Cities plague doctor!

Oh, wait,

Hide contents

image.png.f41b34c276dc40d1ee97c6df816b9a03.png

Seriously though, I think we are getting a Festus remake/new Nurgle "doctor" character and this is their backpack.

Hide contents

image.png.d4aeb4e583163a45cb1b56ccf9a41e72.png

P.S.: now that we've seen some more "corroded"/less refined wood, now I 100% think these two are both the same model/squad and that it's for Cities (who appear to have become the ultimate masters of smooth looking woodwork now that the refresh is done)

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.748cc6344973c273503a01df9a0a6ee1.png

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.e707aaf6dc67e0123c1b411f21962fd2.png

This one 100% a nurgle model.
image.png.7921c4fd37495ae1775c72d2ba3d3724.png

I've been told the hand looks like a plaguebearer hand, but if you look at the book the cover is a nurgle symbol, and there's a few of the 3 circles on the pages too. Looks like maggots on the book, and a wound on the arm where the book is resting.
Probably a nurgle model for the 5th dawnbringer book that might focus on chaos.
I love these kinds of researcher/scientist/achemist models so I'm excited to see what it looks like.

Edited by Ganigumo
  • Like 2

In terms of moving AoS into the mainstream media sites I think the Dota: Dragon's Blood or the Critical Role series released on Netflix and Amazon respectively would be a nice starting point to look at. Both are quite similar in terms of High Fantasy and were super successful.

It is true that both of them have quite large fanbases, but c'mon, Warhammer also has that base!

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

No idea!! 

Imo we would benefit on this one when they put available the higher quality one. Could it be me, but the metalic tops on the wood seems to be an eagle and a bear? I need to see them bigger. Also the lower bit that is covered could give us a bit of extra info.

Also I am not discarding new ed scenery.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

With regard to AoS vs Old World for TV, I think AoS being less developed actually makes it easier for writers to insert their stories into it.  Less lore or 'history' to get right.  

That said, of course they'd go with Old World over AoS.  The Total War series is very popular and so a lot of TW players who hear about a show set in the Total War setting will be interested.  Whereas they may not be as interested in a successor setting they know little about. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

No idea!! 

I feel like the little bell is a hint, who uses Bells - Skaven and Santa, Santa Rats! (Okay also Nurgle). Brining our carol up to 18:

On the Eighteenth day of Christmas, GW previewed me:

Eighteen Lab Rat's Labs
Seventeen Monstrous French Kisses
Sixteen 'Chemists' 'Cooking'
Fifteen Vampirate Banners
Fourteen Bolters Bolting
Thirteen Holy Hand-grenades 
Twelve Krule Kudgels 
Eleven Astartes Scabbards 

Ten Ossiarch Boneclaws
Nine Nighthaunt Vaping
Eight Servo Calculators
Seven Grotbags Scuttling
Six Sickly Casters
FIVE KURNOTH ANTLERS
Four Fuzzy Cloaks
Three finecast miners
Two undead helmsmen and
A parrot on a Vampire

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Ganigumo said:

I've been told the hand looks like a plaguebearer hand, but if you look at the book the cover is a nurgle symbol, and there's a few of the 3 circles on the pages too. Looks like maggots on the book, and a wound on the arm where the book is resting.
Probably a nurgle model for the 5th dawnbringer book that might focus on chaos.
I love these kinds of researcher/scientist/achemist models so I'm excited to see what it looks like.

Nurgle is also one of those factions that already has five thousand heroes to choose from. They need units, not another single model sorcerer or whatever. I would like to see something akin to Plague Toads reimagined and in plastic.

Edited by Mutton
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Sales are going not to well, neither opinions. The game is currently on a 45% discount. I would recomend you to read the dedicated thread if you wanna stay up to date, but the company received a big hit with this game.

it wasn't specifically RoR, the company's struggles started at the beginning of this year and finally came to a head because we're getting to EOY company ******. we can throw it in the terrible pile of other layoffs. The title of that article was really misleading; this would've happened with any Frontier release in the same slot as RoR.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Imo it is either CoS, as you mentioned or something from Nighthaunt related to this:

Zj4fScO3QYXzdwbY.png

As someone mentioned rats could also fit, but I see it as the third option.

I think these 2 images are connected for sure. Maybe even the nurgle books RE too. Seems like we are looking at a few specific models this advent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mutton said:

Nurgle is also one of those factions that already has five thousand heroes to choose from. They need units, not another single model sorcerer or whatever. I would like to see something akin to Plague Toads reimagined and in plastic.

There are rumors about Epidemius coming back.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Imo we would benefit on this one when they put available the higher quality one. Could it be me, but the metalic tops on the wood seems to be an eagle and a bear? I need to see them bigger. Also the lower bit that is covered could give us a bit of extra info.

Also I am not discarding new ed scenery.

The bottles look pretty well made, as the bear like metal at the top. Cities maybe?

image.png.16515aef62027784daad2521afd01b36.png

Edited by Arzalyn
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Im not sure itd actually a bear but a beaten and scarred piece of metal!! One of the most interesting for sure.

It is true that now that we can see it at full size, the eagle doesn't look so much as an eagle anymore, but the other one has all the details that a bear would have. I am super interested on seeing this one. I don't know why I have the feeling is some sort of apothecary small cart/ vagon.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Just to point the discussion back into the right direction

image.jpeg.e25652c11f9c3b2cc1a23f01214ac210.jpeg

image.jpeg.159aa3b96d5176081b8c25f2da7e28ff.jpeg

And you really think that is the right direction? Not even an evil vamp is as toxic as the relationship of those two. 

I just wanted to add one little thing to the other discussion: I don't think one should really see Realms of Ruin lukewarm success as a big indicator of anything. Any RTS game struggles more or less, even SC2 does in the grand scheme of things, with Blizzard having earned more for a single WOW skin than SC2 (yes, REALLY... also the reason why they go berserk with loot boxes and extra skins). Looks like RTS are simply out of fashion at the moment. Haven't played RoR yet but I take it that it isn't as good as SC2 either. 

• Like 1

I mostly love the new vamp model.  Love the snake.  Love the hat. 

But I hate the placement of its right leg.  I think it makes the model look pigeon-toed.  Maybe it's just the angle of the photo.  But that one element kills the whole thing for me. 

Edited by Ferban

17 minutes ago, MitGas said:

And you really think that is the right direction? Not even an evil vamp is as toxic as the relationship of those two. 

I just wanted to add one little thing to the other discussion: I don't think one should really see Realms of Ruin lukewarm success as a big indicator of anything. Any RTS game struggles more or less, even SC2 does in the grand scheme of things, with Blizzard having earned more for a single WOW skin than SC2 (yes, REALLY... also the reason why they go berserk with loot boxes and extra skins). Looks like RTS are simply out of fashion at the moment. Haven't played RoR yet but I take it that it isn't as good as SC2 either. 

I hate lootboxes and skins with a passion. It has destroyed everything that was good about gaming. Glad im into this hobby now. Hope RoR will do better over time.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I hate lootboxes and skins with a passion. It has destroyed everything that was good about gaming. Glad im into this hobby now. Hope RoR will do better over time.

I really don't mind skins at all tbh, unless they're time limited things tied to lootboxes or battlepasses.

Games are much more of a service now than they were before, constantly being updated for years and usually at no cost (unless there's a subscription fee which is another issue entirely). I'll gladly pay for some optional cosmetics for a game I like if that keeps the game supported for longer.

Just like I make sure to buy every Fyreslayer release to signal that Fyreslayers are worth supporting.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

6 hours ago, MitGas said:

I think it just needs time… when I look at stuff like Ushoran, that particular artwork… who in their right mind doesn‘t love that? It‘s not really high fantasy anymore, it‘s dark (souls)! I‘m not one to love the basic concept for AoS with its endless realms (ok, they changed that thankfully already) and gods as I find that narratively speaking a difficult setting, but it‘s very clear that GW/the creatives add cool stuff in there bit by bit. In ten years it will be really fleshed out and feel quite complete. It‘s getting there faster than 40k and WHFB did. It‘s a work in progress as all cool universes are. It‘s not like Marvel, LOTR and the like were perfect from the start - various authors worked long and hard on them to create something cool. 

The bad apples from the WHFB crowd will always be haters but it‘s not like AoS is at fault there… if anything they can only blame GW or people in general for not supporting the game in a satisfying fashion. 

edit: what I think AoS should do is add more primarchs/strong heroes instead of focusing too much on the gods themselves personally. Makes it easier to come up with cool stories. I see the focus on „absolute“ characters for each faction as the single biggest problem for the setting currently but I figure time will add more layers/protagonists to esch faction too.

100%! less gods and more focus on heroes. Imo, the gods are way to active and to sentinent. They are active in everything. It's like Norse/Greek/Roman and etc gods x 1000. But I guess that is what AoS is all about. 

Imo, the best thing for AoS would be that the gods are silent again.. lol, like in the old world.

4 hours ago, Ferban said:

With regard to AoS vs Old World for TV, I think AoS being less developed actually makes it easier for writers to insert their stories into it.  Less lore or 'history' to get right.  

That said, of course they'd go with Old World over AoS.  The Total War series is very popular and so a lot of TW players who hear about a show set in the Total War setting will be interested.  Whereas they may not be as interested in a successor setting they know little about. 

Yeah, only Total War alone is reason enough to chose Warhammer instead of AoS. A very low % of Total War players bought maybe a GW mini, but I assume that a very high % would watch a tv serie about one of their favourite pc games.

3 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

it wasn't specifically RoR, the company's struggles started at the beginning of this year and finally came to a head because we're getting to EOY company ******. we can throw it in the terrible pile of other layoffs. The title of that article was really misleading; this would've happened with any Frontier release in the same slot as RoR.

I thought they mentioned that Planet Zoo and Jurassic World were succeses and they will go back to their roots. I read (if I remember correctly) that Planet Zoo had a return of 10x it's investment. So if Frontier games has financiel problems its because of RoR and not because of Planet zoo and etc.. .

• Like 6
  • Confused 1