The Rumour Thread

First, it makes sense, this is before human wizards even knew about the 8 colours of magic. And the lores are from 3rd ed.
Second, the higher the level of a wizard, the more spell per turn they can cast.

Edited by michu
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, michu said:

First, it makes sense, this is before human wizards even knew about the 8 colours of magic. And the lores are from 3rd ed.
Second, the higher the level of a wizard, the more spell per turn they can cast.

But then this limits you to play during a period before the humans knew about them. So kinda mess around with the theory of moving between period. At least partially. They can always change the rules later, but...

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Luv me some of that classic Dwarf art.

9PAL8sA6s6hnSi7T.jpg

Yes love that Art from the army book cover! I'd love some models in that style plastic! Hopefully Dwarfs will get some rune magic back as well, I was hoping there might be a mention of it but Runesmiths did get named checked so I'm hoping.. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

I'm not excited about the lack of the colours of the Winds of Magic, unfortunately.

It may just be my reading comprehension failing, but I didn't see anything about a limit on how many spells a wizard can cast, so can a wizard just cast every spell they know each turn?

It's based on your Wizard Level. So a Level 4 Wizard will be able to cast four spells, and so on.

Black Library Preview Stream this weekend.

cWgmy2WX1sOe16kS.jpg

Place your bets on Callis and Toll being this (well, next) year's models?

We’ll have more surprises along the way, as we reveal new tales from Warhammer 40,000, the Horus Heresy, the Age of Sigmar, and the World of Legend.

This is referring to The Old World I'm guessing. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Luv me some of that classic Dwarf art.

9PAL8sA6s6hnSi7T.jpg

All timer brilliant art, from the 6th ed peak of dwarven aesthetics. On the cover of the first army book I got, so I’m unbiased.

Also amusing to see it take up a chunk of space on an article about magic, hell yeah dwarves.

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Not that this isn’t nice, but how come the bretonnians got all of their new models previewed but THE SCIONS OF LONG LOST NEHEKHARA HAVE BEEN LEFT IN PESS THEN DUST?!?!

To be absolutely fair - Bone Dragon > All the Brets Shown so far. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

3 minutes ago, EntMan said:

I'm no expert, but Krieg don't strike me as the furs wearing types, so hopefully we've got multiple things being teased...

Parchment kinda screams either Sigmar or Imperium, but it's otherwise vague. I don't feel like 40K has a lot of fur cloaks running around, though.

That little frill of spikes or flat pointy things is odd. Almost tucked away behind the fur, so from the front of the mini would be behind the wearer’s head. Maybe a bit like some of the vampire armour?

The swallowtail purity seals should be distinctive too, though they don’t scream vampire or krieg.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

This makes me want GW to make a game set at 10mm scale but have giant god beasts and other creatures battle it out in the Realms. Could easily do it as a one off set if needed to get it going. Create infantry units that worship them and have scraps. Would be awesome!

Anyway, back to rumours instead of wishlisting! 🤣

This is a cool idea, you could have Crisis Protocol-style rules for throwing entire buildings at your opponents. I kind of envisage the infantry units of worshippers would just be there to be snacks/power-ups like in that old arcade game Rampage

(If you roll a 1 a unit of tasty spearmen goes down the wrong way and you suffer 1 microwound etc )

The magic rules for Old World seem...OK? I never played past 5th Ed so the dice pool stuff in the 8th Ed batreps I watch goes over my head a bit, but it did seem to decide games a bit too much. The example spells in the article seem more like subtle buffs or damage output rather than Wind Of Death routing two big units in one phase and everyone just packing up and going home or whatever

17 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

True, true..... but where's our new plastic troop option?

Touché - But Tomb Kings already had more up to date kits by quite a few years, mind the line troops were absolute pants even before they were discontinued so I do hope those get seen to. Thr Tomb Guard though I’m a massive fan of!

As for the Rumour engine. Probably some sort of Chaos Character. But who wants that - The improbable pelted cape of the Grombrindal returned. 

• Like 1