The Rumour Thread

23 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I don't think they main reason has been that, but rather than the roster was quite small, so adding new units instead of replacing them was a better option for the overall faction.

That could also very well be the case.

The combination of a low unit selection and/or running the risk of low sales due to the ghoul kits being quite prominent in existing kits it wasn't worth replacing them. Also, perhaps the moulds are still in good condition and they're going to stay the course because of that. Or cost effectiveness in the number of FEC players. There's likely a lot of metrics and KPIs going into the decision of adding/replacing units.

Next up I hope factions like BoC, Skaven, Ogors, and FS too of course get an updated/expanded range. They very much deserve it since they either have so many old kits or, in the case of FS, barely distinguishable units while having so much potential for new cool units.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I'm pretty sure we won't see coalition rules again in the future. GW seems to be really against cross play now. Even Cities of Sigmar, who used to be able to coalition basically every order army, now just get "You can ally some guys in and they benefit from one very specific subfaction ability". Not even an exception for Stormcast.

I expect nothing but dissapointment on the bests front so one day I can be pleasantly surprised maybe. 

My only hope is the StD book which is the other undivided army.

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I just cant stop thinking how amazing new Ogors would look. Ushoran has set the standard for large centrepiece monster characters and it makes me want Globb Glittermaw to rival his size.

A gorger style glow-up for Yhetees would be epic as well. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

56 minutes ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

I wonder if we'll see the boxed set before Christmas?  The early boxes usually have a pretty quick (relatively) release after reveal, right?

Then it's about three more months until the full release? 

Went back and looked at the Seraphon reveal and release.  The army box was shown at Adepticon - March 23rd.  The army box went up for pre-order April 22nd and the full release pre-order was May 27th.

If this release follows the same formula, it may be that we'll have a... memorable Christmas feast to be sure.

11 hours ago, SunStorm said:

A gorger style glow-up for Yhetees would be epic as well. 

I cannot wait to see what modern Yehtees looks like. I hope they dial up the insanity to 11!!

9 hours ago, Mutton said:

Had this feeling after assembling the new Gorgers. Those models are way cooler (and bigger) up close.

Im so glad that the Gorgers feel to scale. Current Ogor infantry hasnt aged well with scale creep and what should be a monstrous behemoth is barely bigger than a human.

Cant wait to get my hand on the Gorgers!!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Current Ogor infantry hasnt aged well with scale creep and what should be a monstrous behemoth is barely bigger than a human.

I hope when they redo the Ogors, that they keep them somewhat consistent with the current Beastclaw kits (who are great models who are aging fine. I played against a Stonehorn recently and I had forgotten how massive this model is !). A bit like how the plastic Tyrant manages to do next to the Beastclaws. 

But I trust GW on that. They've proven that they value consistency with the new FEC models. In fact, I think the presence of the new FEC models next to the old ones enhances the old kits. Some of that sweet new aesthetic bounces back unto them, if you see what I mean.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I hope when they redo the Ogors, that they keep them somewhat consistent with the current Beastclaw kits (who are great models who are aging fine. I played against a Stonehorn recently and I had forgotten how massive this model is !). A bit like how the plastic Tyrant manages to do next to the Beastclaws. 

But I trust GW on that. They've proven that they value consistency with the new FEC models. In fact, I think the presence of the new FEC models next to the old ones enhances the old kits. Some of that sweet new aesthetic bounces back unto them, if you see what I mean.

GW tends to sculpt the riders on monsters and vehicles slightly undersized, anyway, in order to make the beasts look bigger 🤫,

It's sometimes good from an artistic standpoint not to have everything be 100% in scale.

• Like 2