The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Dawnbringers 3 rules preview. 
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/10/17/summon-endless-mawpits-and-unleash-hordes-of-magmadroths-with-new-armies-of-renown/

The next book must be coming soon if they are already previewing rules.

Yeah at this point I would not be surprised if Dawnbringers 3 is released before CoS.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Chikout said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/10/17/summon-endless-mawpits-and-unleash-hordes-of-magmadroths-with-new-armies-of-renown/

Let me understand this armies. You need to buy multiple warbands from another game to play the next factions? Is that right?

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Let me understand this armies. You need to buy multiple warbands from another game to play the next factions? Is that right?

I think you’re thinking about it backwards. If you really like the new minis, you can build an army around them. If the previous book is anything to go by, the armies of renown won’t be massively competitive. The armies of renown are opportunities to build a themed army if you want. You can still add a single unit of the new minis to your regular army if you prefer. 

• Like 7
  • Confused 2

I like how the Fyrelsayers army of renown gets 2+ ignore ward rampages and strike last on monsters, and the Ogre army gets a giant random chart where every entry is f***ing horrible. If there was ever a perfect indicator for the disparity between Order rules and Destruction rules, this it it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Mutton said:

I like how the Fyrelsayers army of renown gets 2+ ignore ward rampages and strike last on monsters, and the Ogre army gets a giant random chart where every entry is f***ing horrible. If there was ever a perfect indicator for the disparity between Order rules and Destruction rules, this it it.

It is funny that you saw this in competitive terms whereas I was like awesome Sarlacc pit causing Earthquakes is so fun.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Lord Veshnakar said:

I mean I am a bit biased because I have always been a diehard Fyreslayer player, but I pre-ordered 3 of the Fyreslayer warbands. I think they are some of the best minis GW have made for dwarves/duardin in a long time, if not ever.

FS are rad as heck. It was the army that got me into AoS (alongside HoS/FEC). I was big on Slayers in WHFB too. What I consider a let down is the limited range and lost potential of what you can do with them thematically.

• Like 9

On 10/17/2023 at 5:47 PM, Chikout said:

I think you’re thinking about it backwards. If you really like the new minis, you can build an army around them. If the previous book is anything to go by, the armies of renown won’t be massively competitive. The armies of renown are opportunities to build a themed army if you want. You can still add a single unit of the new minis to your regular army if you prefer. 

I'm not a fan of this, mainly because Warcry miniatures are so awesome, same quality as Underworld warbands. That means that any repeated Heroe or unique model looks like a clone next to another one that looks exactly the same. That's why I only buy 1 Underworlds/Warband of each, and use them as alternative sculpts (and I think that I'm not alone in doing that). Using two warbands, at least for me, demands convertion if I try to make them "unique".

But don't get me wrong, I really like the concept behind Armies of Renown (I still think that's a 4.0 spoiler) and I don't care if they are good or bad in a competitive environment.

Btw, reading again this new article, I really like the feeling of their gameplay. Look at the Roving Maw, imagine if you kill 4-5 models with that Head Butcher for turning your mawpit in to a Sandworm from Arrakis!!

NOM NOM NOM DREADMAW MAWPIT!

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Beliman
Grammar
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Chikout said:

I was ordering my AoS books recently and noticed the last 3 books of Broken Realms were launched in a period of 3 months.

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

It is funny that you saw this in competitive terms whereas I was like awesome Sarlacc pit causing Earthquakes is so fun.

The idea of this army sounds fun. But bad rules are almost never fun. This could have had fun rules, but instead it's 5+ to do 1 mortal wound every so often. Is giving a unit -1 Bravery fun? What part about doing almost nothing every so often is the fun part?

Edited by Mutton

3 minutes ago, Mutton said:

The idea of this army sounds fun. But bad rules are almost never fun. This could have had fun rules, but instead it's 5+ to do 1 mortal wound every so often. Is giving a unit -1 Bravery fun? What part about doing almost nothing every so often is the fun part?

I will probably feel the same if I ever actually run it, I am childish when it comes to rules and if the concept is there it will take me a while before I realize how it is poorly executed. 

2 hours ago, Beliman said:

no problem because this fyreslayers rules are so bad that nobody gonna want use it.

kharadrons,goblins and sons of behemat got very good rules but the worst army rigth now(fyreslayers) got a useless rules that nobody gonna use and loose the better old rules

• Like 1
  • Confused 7