The Rumour Thread

33 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

I had heard a rumour that gw wasn’t planning to support terrain going forwards as the margins weren’t enough. I find it hard to believe but equally there is a clear shift with how they are releasing warcry etc going fwds and the lack of any new 40K terrain for 10th. 

Terrain is tough. People will shell out for models to play the game with, since they have rules and narrative etc. attached. The terrain they sell are purely aesthetic game pieces though, and there isn't really a good way to incentivize multiple terrain pieces as part of your army to encourage buying multiples.

I think if they want to sell terrain it does need to be sold at a much smaller margin, so I could believe this. I kind of want a ghur table made up out of some of the WC sets and the thondia box, but the price point has been pushing me off the purchase.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Magnusaur said:

Aw, was hoping to snag Kroak at a discount with this year's battleforce. I understood it as Warriors, Kroxigors, a regular Slann, and a squad of Aggradons. 

As for WarCry in Skaven-land, imagine a bunch of "subterranean" stuff, like a giant sewer full of lost treasure. Sounds pretty good to me.

He said in the video lord krork which I assume he meant kroak.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

I had heard a rumour that gw wasn’t planning to support terrain going forward...

Terrain is a funny one. One of the secrets of terrain collecting is that you don't actually need that much. A collection of some trees and ruins is pretty much all you need. However, even a single piece of characterful terrain can make a game go from good to truely memorable. You only need to see the Warhammer World dioramas to see what a difference it can make. 

The terrain sets that have been coming out of GW have been outstanding. I'm not against faction terrain being implemented in some other way. Seeing armies fighting over beautiful terrain in shop windows is a powerful recruiting tool. You also surrender the look of your setting to third party manufacturers if you don't do terrain.  

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Kempak said:

He said in the video lord krork which I assume he meant kroak.

he couldn't pronounce Kroxigor which was extremely weird considering it's been in WHF for decades? I found it entirely pointless to listen to the 2min he mentioned the AOS boxes since he CBA to confirm both what the model(s) are and how to say them :/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Small point from THWG stream today. Apparently old world was supposed to release in Nov. but has been pushed back.

But it is now *definitely* scheduled for Jan.

Bear in mind that Rob is the original source of the Tomb Kings v Brets starter box rumour.

Which lines up with what Valrak has been saying in that Legions Imperialis took over the Nov. slot

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Small point from THWG stream today. Apparently old world was supposed to release in Nov. but has been pushed back.

But it is now *definitely* scheduled for Jan.

Bear in mind that Rob is the original source of the Tomb Kings v Brets starter box rumour.

He just repeats Valrak rumors.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Valrak gets his old world rumours from Rob.

It's the other way round 

Original Valrak rumors on Bretonnia and Tomb kings is from February 

Plus Valrak already said 2 weeks ago tha the old world has been pushed to Q1 2024 because Epic will take november slot

Rob is not a rumormonger at all 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, cyrus said:

It's the other way round 

Original Valrak rumors on Bretonnia and Tomb kings is from February 

Plus Valrak already said 2 weeks ago tha the old world has been pushed to Q1 2024 because Epic will take november slot

Rob is not a rumormonger at all 

Well I'm not going to argue with you or try and prove you wrong, because Rob is so difficult to track with his rumours. He doesn't use them as clickbait or make them the sole topic of his videos - he casually mentions them offhand.

There's loads of AoS rumours that have come from Rob over the past year, albeit mostly rules related. Off the top of my head, the wizard GHB, changes to rally, stonehorn monstrous action.

You can see his value as a rumour source by the fact that every battletome that has leaked has been the result of Rob.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Believe it. I don’t have insider knowledge but spoken with people in the past from the studio and they are always surprised when it comes up in conversation.

It's like the Moon landings all over again, isn't it? People still don't realise it would have been harder to fake it so comprehensively, than actually send a mission. If people want to believe that GW operates from an Illuminati playbook, no amount of evidence will convince them otherwise. Best just move on, I suppose.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

It's like the Moon landings all over again, isn't it? People still don't realise it would have been harder to fake it so comprehensively, than actually send a mission. If people want to believe that GW operates from an Illuminati playbook, no amount of evidence will convince them otherwise. Best just move on, I suppose.

U all wrong !

image.png.a55a19c6c243cff7bf9c1a02b99c5b83.png

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Haha 7