The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Isn't warhammer having some sort of games cycles? Yesterday I read that we should be happy with the current AoS development compared with last's year one, but I always felt AoS and 40k have some sort of cycles. When one is down the other is up, so I trust in AoS for this warhammer day seing it seems to be AoS focus time.

40kExpandedUniverse is also expecting a new Kill Team season that's been teased for a good 4 months (the rumoured scorpions vs sm scouts probably) which is slated to release in autumn but hasnt been revealed yet

How long has the reveal to release pipeline been for Warcry recently/historically?

I can't wait for the Vulkyn Flameseekers, but it feels like Warcry is slightly backed up. There are 4 revealed Warbands, with 2 confirmed to be bundled together, but no indication of release date or if the remaining two are going to be boxed together (most likely not since the FS warband was shown to have its own box).

It's so weird, it feels like at the same time AoS/Underworlds/Warcry reveals are incredibly fast paced right now (with stunning reveal after stunning reveal), but at the same time the releases are quite a lot later than the reveals (especially underworlds, it feels like Wyrdhollow has been barely out and we've got Deathgorge coming already. Or the gap between Dawnbringers 1 and 2 with 3 feeling like it's already going to be have to released quite soon.

2 minutes ago, Snarff said:

How long has the reveal to release pipeline been for Warcry recently/historically?

I can't wait for the Vulkyn Flameseekers, but it feels like Warcry is slightly backed up. There are 4 revealed Warbands, with 2 confirmed to be bundled together, but no indication of release date or if the remaining two are going to be boxed together (most likely not since the FS warband was shown to have its own box).

It's so weird, it feels like at the same time AoS/Underworlds/Warcry reveals are incredibly fast paced right now (with stunning reveal after stunning reveal), but at the same time the releases are quite a lot later than the reveals (especially underworlds, it feels like Wyrdhollow has been barely out and we've got Deathgorge coming already. Or the gap between Dawnbringers 1 and 2 with 3 feeling like it's already going to be have to released quite soon.

Time flies, Wyrdhollow is out 5 months already and now seasons in Underworlds last 6 months. So Deathgorge will be out by end of october. Warcry could happen all at once tho

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Aleser said:

Time flies, Wyrdhollow is out 5 months already and now seasons in Underworlds last 6 months. So Deathgorge will be out by end of october. Warcry could happen all at once tho

Oh right, I'm still getting used to the 6 month turnover for UW seasons. I'm still in doubt whether it is too fast or a good thing, since it does lead to 8 warbands per year. I'm still waiting for a new FS warband in UW so I can properly get into it, the old FS warband just doesn't have a working deck from the get-go like new warbands do.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Snarff said:

Oh right, I'm still getting used to the 6 month turnover for UW seasons. I'm still in doubt whether it is too fast or a good thing, since it does lead to 8 warbands per year. I'm still waiting for a new FS warband in UW so I can properly get into it, the old FS warband just doesn't have a working deck from the get-go like new warbands do.

Maybe because it is 2 core boxes per year now so it looks faster. From what I heard old Fyreslayers warband will get glow up like skellies did recently through new deck

29 minutes ago, Aleser said:

Maybe because it is 2 core boxes per year now so it looks faster. From what I heard old Fyreslayers warband will get glow up like skellies did recently through new deck

Core boxes also add new mechanics and come at a much higher price, so that's maybe why everything feels so much faster. Every time I feel like I'm getting into the game, everything has shifted yet again. Part of that issue is me wanting to play FS and FS only having a single, ANCIENT warband.

Updated FS warband would be cool though, old warbands being ready to go would be great. But a new design warband will probably be there eventually too, maybe when the focus shifts back to Aqshy

Edited by Snarff
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, EntMan said:

image.png.11bb63c32a94c5094fe033e02e2cc520.png

It's clearly a hoverboard and they are about to drop in on a space half-pipe and shred some gnarly air!

Absolutely incredible model. Really hope it's like the Sisters of Battle special minis and it's not limited. I'm not a fan of FOMO, but this mini would have me seriously considering an unplanned purchase (and the fact that this is just imho a much better pose for the Champion in general).

I've toyed around with the idea of getting into LoV for a while now (even getting some Necromunda Squats before release to test some schemes), but painting white got me off that idea pretty quick.
I've got a trip lined up for this weekend to a place which just so happens to have a Warhammer store (I know lfgs would be cheaper), so I might finally bite the bullet and get a character to see if I really would want to do a full force in a more manageable scheme. Or maybe just a Kill Team.

Edited by Asbestress
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, EntMan said:

I'm surprised GW hadn't put the stag crest in a rumour engine to Kurnothi-taunt us!

I was thinking exactly the same thing! Glad they didn't I don't think I can take more disappointment. I thought the troll king antlers were going to be something kurnothi. Maybe we get another rumour engine tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Asbestress said:

Absolutely incredible model. Really hope it's like the Sisters of Battle special minis and it's not limited. I'm not a fan of FOMO, but this mini would have me seriously considering an unplanned purchase (and the fact that this is just imho a much better pose for the Champion in general).

I've toyed around with the idea of getting into LoV for a while now (even getting some Necromunda Squats before release to test some schemes), but painting white got me off that idea pretty quick.
I've got a trip lined up for this weekend to a place which just so happens to have a Warhammer store (I know lfgs would be cheaper), so I might finally bite the bullet and get a character to see if I really would want to do a full force in a more manageable scheme. Or maybe just a Kill Team.

I think these ones are available for a couple fo weeks online and in store. 

Really cool model I'll definitely get 2, one to build standard, one to convert. 

11 minutes ago, Mutton said:

Has anyone heard anything about a shortage of the new Dawnbringer stuff? I was going to order Trugg's box, but it's sold out at every online retailer.

Are you in America? I heard the new stuff was limited to just a couple of boxes per store there. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Are you in America? I heard the new stuff was limited to just a couple of boxes per store there. 

Man, that's f****d up. The first AoS product in ages that I actually want and I can't even get it without buying it direct at GWorkshop's inflated MSRP.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Chikout said:

Warhammer day is completely unpredictable. It has been in the first week of October (last year), the last week of October twice and the last week of June since it started. 

40k is also a bit weird. The releases for 10th edition have been surprisingly light. In 9th edition Necrons got about 15 new kits, but we've only seen about 10 so far for Tyranids. Also their big centrepiece is Avatar sized not Knight sized. On the Marine side there are only about 10 new kits compared to about 15 last time with no new vehicles or other big kits in sight. The next big update for 40k is not coming until the Dark Angels in the spring. 

That leaves plenty of space for AoS. Even if the old world launches early next year it looks like it will be just two boxes with one new kit each plus a bunch of resin and old kits.

I'm still wondering if Dawnbringers doesn't end up copying 40k and being a five book series. That would give more room for the 12+ factions and fill the void between FeC and 4th edition. 

The spring before a new edition has actually been quite big for AoS so far. 

Before Second edition we got Nurgle, Legions of Nagash, DoK and IDk. Before 3rd we got wave two for Slaanesh and Lumineth, Soulblight, Belakor, Kroak, the van Densts  Gardus, the Slaanesh twins and Kragnos. 

It would be very unusual if we got FeC and then nothing this time. 

... Malerion/Umbraneth ?! 👉👈

What are people's opinions on the Old World for this preview at Warhammer Day? Wouldn't it be suitable to reveal the game already and the starter box army battalions? On top of this the preview drops 3 days after the last day of the 40 Years of Warhammer nostalgia cycle. If GW are smart and want to properly honor WHFB and the true 40 year anniversary then I think they should reveal the project, game and minis right then and there!

Thoughts?

8 hours ago, Sir Grimm said:

What are people's opinions on the Old World for this preview at Warhammer Day? Wouldn't it be suitable to reveal the game already and the starter box army battalions? On top of this the preview drops 3 days after the last day of the 40 Years of Warhammer nostalgia cycle. If GW are smart and want to properly honor WHFB and the true 40 year anniversary then I think they should reveal the project, game and minis right then and there!

Thoughts?

I think that it could good for the community, but I never saw TOW to "properly honor WHFB". To me, it's a game made to fill the gap of WHFB with less investment than Age of Darkness. At least all the rumors points to that: old sculpts, a lot of resin models, box armies instead of big summer release, metal and resin old kits, etc.

So, the main rumors points at early 2024 release. Revealing the whole game, boxes, rules and new sculpts 4 or 5 months before the release seems a bit too much for GW.

But who knows, time will tell.

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Sir Grimm said:

Thoughts?

Even if it would be the icing on the cake for the 40th anniversary I don't think we would see TOW this year, so imo it is too early to see boxes.