The Rumour Thread

52 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

...A good troll king model. 

It just gets worse the more I look at it. 

So you're accusing them of trolling you?*

I dunno, I like it but I'm not exactly the target audience, so sorry to hear you don't like it. I would've liked him to have a stupid tiny crown on his head but that's easy. Come to think of it, a stupid tiny crown would look great on a Slaan as well!

* there's some reason why the other nerds always hit me, I don't think it's my "humor" though

Edited by MitGas
  • Haha 5

So I noticed that the Troll King has his own dawnbringer crusade box where he's packaged with what looks like 6 other rockgut troggoths. In the Nova presentation the presenteres mentioned that the Ironjaws Mawgrunta would appear in one of the dawkbringer books and there was a detatchment to allow an all pig army. I wonder if the Big Pig will get a simmilar dawnbringer box treatment, with a half dozen gruntaz included?

image.png.3d9567e39ee293128f509c69eaaba2ae.png

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 hours ago, Beliman said:

Anyone know what an "Army of Renown" means for AoS?
I've been reading the old 40k supplements to se what they were for 40k, but they are another type of "sub-faction" with some restrictions (something like Heresy Rites of War but for one faction). But I'm not sure if AoS will follow the same patron because from the WarCom preview, they are going to be allowed for other factions, that means no traits, artifacts and any subfaction bonus.

Do you think they meant to say regiment of renown?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Do you think they meant to say regiment of renown?

It's a possibility but I hope not. That means that KOs are not going to have anything because the regiments are not even playable for their own faction.

And I always visioned all KO Corpos as some type of Lumineth Temples: thematic units that can work together and even build some lists around them.

13 hours ago, novakai said:

Because they get the benefit of being a full fledge army and not be tied or balance because Big WAAGH exist. GW doesn’t seem to be able to balance big roster with similar units without messing it up and they already move away from souping armies this edition already. Kruleboyz themselves seem like they should have been their own army to begin with because of how redesigned they are compare to the classic GW Ork design. 

BiG WAAGH can exist as some side allegiance that you can do for fun but it should not have any balance or weight to pure Kruleboyz or Ironjawz allegiance 

Not to mention every time they get their one foot hero they get an actual hero that work for their army and not for the other 

BW isn't the reason the other orruk factions suck.
Ironjawz were really good, and just got powercrept, and have always had a playstyle thats easy to counter with good positioning and screens. The IJ units that are good in IJ (Pigs, MK) see play in BW, but aren't taken in the numbers they are in IJ.
Kruleboyz were just terribly written rules and weak warscrolls they basically don't have allegiance abilities (most armies have around 3, if you ignore math fixer ones, but KB have 3, one of which is a math fixer, one of which only really works on the first turn and is random, and one that is a once per game triple fight). Only a handful see play in BW, and the only one that might be considered a staple is gobsprakk because of how he interacts with the seasonal rules.
Bonesplitterz have boring warscrolls except the wurgogg, and the only good list was overnerfed. They also missed out on the Extra BT the other two factions got. They also lose all their best rules when you bring them into BW, and the only battleline you can bring is savage orruks, who are pretty awful.

If they cared at all about BW balance they wouldn't have given them access to both the new BTs, and would focus buffs on the units BW doesn't take or are better in their respective factions.

edit: The real problem is GW isn't knowledgeable enough to understand the armies on the level needed to understand the army nuances, which is why so many of their balance updates feel like just throwing stuff at the wall, and not targeting what needs to be targeted.

Edited by Ganigumo
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Beliman said:

It's a possibility but I hope not. That means that KOs are not going to have anything because the regiments are not even playable for their own faction.

And I always visioned all KO Corpos as some type of Lumineth Temples: thematic units that can work together and even build some lists around them.

*Sees the word Corpo after playing Cyberpunk 2077* Wake up youngling, we got grudges to fill.....

-Johann Silverhand

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I really want the 4th ed. antogonist to be Chaos Dwarves. Only, you know, cool-looking this time.

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

I think they are coming before March-April ends

Iirc Skaven are already pretty much confirmed to be the big bad faction. I still really really hope Chorfs will be released like Lumineth wave 2 or Soulblight though.