The Rumour Thread

That new 'Ardboy looks incredible! Honestly never thought the kit would get a direct replacement. They felt like stragglers from the Old World and I never liked how they were belittled and one-upped by the introduction of Brutes. But now I'm really excited to see the full kit!

Also, the old one is gone on GW webstores.

31 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

LETS BLEEDIN GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Oh I have missed those Ork jaw helmets. Oh I love that mini. I love just seeing the word Big Boss again, there was always something about standard Heroes that got me into Fantasy in the first place and I remember wanting to get every Big Boss and just thinking they were so cool. Especially the Black Ork Big Boss with the sword and shield and that badass jaw helmet.

Well, I did say I wasn't sure if I'd prefer a new design of Ardboyz or a remaster of the current one, and it looks like I got a bit of both, I think that's a win!

Cheers to our rumour gods for this bountiful hype.

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

That Big Boss looks perfect.

Hopefully that will cement the Ardboys as the rank & file of Iron Jaws, with Brutes and those weirdos looking special rather than common.

Now, if *only* we would get new Goregruntas. Or more specifically, new pigs besides the big piggy. The riders all look mighty fine, but gosh those boars... . Especially now that the magnificent super-pig was teased.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, JackStreicher said:

To a non-Warclan Player he looks like a brute, I hope the Models don't end up looking too much alike X_x

He looks a fair bit smaller than a brute, but also commanding with his chainmail half cloak and pig iron mask. Looks fairly different in my eyes and tbh they should have some resemblance, the old black orcs stuck out like a sore thumb.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Rachmani said:

That Big Boss looks perfect.

Hopefully that will cement the Ardboys as the rank & file of Iron Jaws, with Brutes and those weirdos looking special rather than common.

Now, if *only* we would get new Goregruntas. Or more specifically, new pigs besides the big piggy. The riders all look mighty fine, but gosh those boars... . Especially now that the magnificent super-pig was teased.

I agree, I used to love black orcs but I couldnt stand them in my Ironjawz army and refused to use them because they didnt feel right and were treated like second class orruks in the lore with not being true IJz. I hope they move the brutes to a more elite role (I say this as someone with 30 of them haha!) with a bit more of a meaner warscroll, like upping the bravery from 6 (so stupid) and letting the Brute Boss be more of a heavy hitter like he used to be, then making the new Ardboyz the line infantry of the book with a total revamped warscroll. Get rid of the banner and musician to fit in with the rest of the IJ style of no mukkin about. I always hated that ardboyz were mainly used as 80pt battleline fillers which felt SOOOOO unorruky to me.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Morghot said:

Pretty disappointed, I really like the sculpt but it is a brute, smaller maybe, with a mask ok, but it is still 100% a brute.

Maybe we are in front of the first dwarf-orc? 

I mean, this dude is a bit smaller than Brutes and wears a bearded mask

Edited by Beliman
  • Haha 4

28 minutes ago, Morghot said:

Pretty disappointed, I really like the sculpt but it is a brute, smaller maybe, with a mask ok, but it is still 100% a brute.

For a new unit release after 7 years I expected new things not a "small brute with mask" sigh.

Imho it looks much more like a Bloodbowl Orruk than a Brute. Edit: I mean the way the armour is used. 

But now we know about 3/5 new models. Correct?

-Big pig

-Named character

-Ardboy boss

-?

-?

Edited by Gitzdee

Yeah cool mini but… he does look a lot like a brute. There’s some mention about discipline in the article text but I’m interested in seeing the line ardboys to see how that goes in miniature terms.

If they’re trying to align their armour style to the wider ironjaws beaten-metal aesthetic, cool, but I hope they do actually keep some meaningful distinction (in both looks and background) so it’s not just “brutes” and “brutes with masks”. Would certainly be interested in seeing a size comparison.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, sandlemad said:

Yeah cool mini but… he does look a lot like a brute. There’s some mention about discipline in the article text but I’m interested in seeing the line ardboys.

If they’re trying to align their armour style to the wider ironjaws beaten-metal aesthetic, cool, but I hope they do actually keep some meaningful distinction (in both looks and background) so it’s not just “brutes” and “brutes with masks”. Would certainly be interested in seeing a size comparison.

Exactly my thoughts, im totally fine to give a uniform aesthetics to an army but like this is too much: they are literally two units (brutes and ardboys) wearing identical armor and weapons... they are greenskin for god sake, not a smurf army, make units different a bit 😓. Size and a mask is not enough IMHO.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

To a non-Warclan Player he looks like a brute, I hope the Models don't end up looking too much alike X_x

His armour is almost identical and that's the main problem.

The concept of foot hero for Ardboyz is good. Lore-wise, this guy can be almost-Brute with regard to his stature - but some visual distinction would be appreciated.

• Like 6

Wow that is a great model, I wonder if we will also get a chance to see the new Ghouls with the sprue in the wilds. 

Exciting times but I will be at a cottage for the reveals hopefully the wifi is good enough to watch and my inlaws are not angry when I slip away to watch a live stream for a bunch of toy soldiers lol.

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Yeah cool mini but… he does look a lot like a brute. There’s some mention about discipline in the article text but I’m interested in seeing the line ardboys to see how that goes in miniature terms.

I think this guy is pretty cool, but when Brutes are distinguished from Hard Boys mostly by being larger and more armoured, it is hard to make a Hard Boys character that doesn't look like a Brute.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I think this guy is pretty cool, but when Brutes are distinguished from Hard Boys mostly by being larger and more armoured, it is hard to make a Hard Boys character that doesn't look like a Brute.

Kruelboyz show that they are improving their ability to sculpt leaner orruks. We may get a really cool and unique looking unit.

I really like that, it'll be interesting to see how it stands out from the other Ironjawz model but by itself it works.

Also there was interest last time so Forbidden Planet just put the preorder for Stormbringer 37 which according to the leak has the Ylthari's Guardians warband sprue in it which is presently unavailable otherwise.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I like the Bane-style mask on this guy. This is clearly a orruk who didn't merely adopt the Waaagh!, he was born in it, molded by it 🙂

2 hours ago, Chikout said:

It would be a perfect time to reveal a new cities unit. A warrior priest and some new flaggellants would be pretty cool.

Those aren't in the BT so probably not gonna happen. I love how we are getting a big Cities release and people still want more minis. Ah, Warhammer fans... 

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Haha 2