The Rumour Thread

18 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

I would love to see toughness and strength added to the warscroll stats. I don't know if this is easy to balance with how AoS works, but it would atleast give some extra immersion to the game.

And more attention to character customization options. Now they feel a bit bland.

I would love to see toughness and strength added to the game since it would add a bit more strategy. Would have to make more diverse list with anti infantry, anti elite, or anti monster options. Feels like the current system a little on the boring side.

Of course that feels like a major change to the whole system and maybe too much?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I personally would enjoy Strength and Toughness being added. You could make a real distinction between monsters, infantry, heroes with those. 

3.0 essentially dissolved my local AoS group, we didn’t enjoy the heroic actions, monstrous rampages, battle traits, etc. At the time it felt bolted on, I would prefer if they went and redesigned war scrolls to be better instead of having separate actions located in various books. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Tervindar said:

I personally would enjoy Strength and Toughness being added. You could make a real distinction between monsters, infantry, heroes with those. 

3.0 essentially dissolved my local AoS group, we didn’t enjoy the heroic actions, monstrous rampages, battle traits, etc. At the time it felt bolted on, I would prefer if they went and redesigned war scrolls to be better instead of having separate actions located in various books. 

Strength and Toughness is the ONE thing I'd prefer the rules without. I'd much rather stay with the simple hit, wound, save, ward system than adding in a "if S bigger than T, if S smaller than T, if S equals T" step that changes from model to model and weapon to weapon.

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, Tervindar said:

I would love that.

but considering old world.

i’m not certain how much of this could become true, knowing gw

4 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

Not saying you're wrong but this hasn't been confirmed as far as I'm aware. 

And nice, Ironjawz berzerkaz!!

I can see that @Whitefang reacted to the ard boyz on sides of the maw grunta so pretty confirmed to me !!

also it seems that morgok krusha is a mix of the 3 type of brutes (from right to the left on the pictur) :

- orruk brutes 

- brutes that ride gore grunta 

- weirdbrute 

am I correct ? 

71D67557-D2B3-4FE6-BA57-650BE4467A25.jpeg

Edited by Grunbag

Just now, sandlemad said:

I'd be very cautious about looking at a single mini from a WHU release from 3 years ago and going to "ah, that must be what the weirdbrutes reference from another rumour is".

It could line up, I think it'd be aesthetically cool, but it's far from confirmed.

It’s just that Whitefang hint that picture while we were talking about weirdbrute here . So it sounds it could be weirdbrute 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

I'd be very cautious about looking at a single mini from a WHU release from 3 years ago and going to "ah, that must be what the weirdbrutes reference from another rumour is".

It could line up, I think it'd be aesthetically cool, but it's far from confirmed.

Also rippa snarlfang from WHU were also released 3 years ago and we got snarlfang riders version for AoS this year . So it’s not impossible 

Edited by Grunbag
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Tervindar said:

59 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

I would love to see toughness and strength added to the game since it would add a bit more strategy. Would have to make more diverse list with anti infantry, anti elite, or anti monster options. Feels like the current system a little on the boring side.

Of course that feels like a major change to the whole system and maybe too much?

Just strength and toughness don't actually do this, you also need to block damage spillover.

Its just always better to have more strength, and a list built to take all comers just needs to take what is most efficient against everything. Unless that s3 hammer is balanced around wounding on 5's you're better off just taking the higher strength option.

In contrast Lack of damage spillover does the job of making those elite heavy attacks super inefficient against infantry, lowering damage by as much as 80% in some cases, which forces you to take those low strength options.

Without strength and toughness but with damage spillover 1 damage attacks are just the best, since they're never effected by damage spillover.

So if you make those damage 1 attacks low strength they become bad against elite stuff.

So you need both things to make it work. I'm not sure it would be a good fit for AoS though, as it seems like it would be less rock-paper-scissors and more "fighting fire with fire". Monsters would be bad against infantry, because multi damage attacks would be terrible against them, infantry would be terrible against monsters because of low strength. So you'd need to bring monsters just to fight other monsters, and infantry to fight infantry.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, willange said:

I just hope they don't simplify 4.0 like they did with 40k 10th ed.  I liked many of the 10th ed changes, but at the end of the day it went to far and I just can't get into it.  I would hate for AoS to lose that much depth.

I always got the impression that AoS was meant to be the more casual/quicker game out of the two. It's just that Sigmar just happens to be the more complex game right now since it is at the end of its 3rd edition.

I expect when 4th hits next year Sigmar will be super streamlined even more so then 40k is right now. We may see that in a lot of Cities rules that look very close to 40ks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grunbag said:

I can see that @Whitefang reacted to the ard boyz on sides of the maw grunta so pretty confirmed to me !!

I know an I told ya so when I see one. You've been holding onto that a min, huh? 😄

Well excuse myself and several others for assuming a model that looks exactly like another model but with a mask is (not) an entirely new unit reboot. 🤣

Waaagh, my forum friend. 

Waaagh!

Edit: clarification

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vasshpit said:

I know an I told ya so when I see one. You've holding onto that a min, huh? 😄

Well excuse myself and several others for assuming a model that looks exactly like another model but with a mask is an entirely new unit reboot. 🤣

Waaagh, my forum friend. 

Waaagh!

We will see . They looks like the AoS ironjawz armor sculpt that all ironjawz have (except shaman), but with a mask and gloves that brutes doesn’t have . 

I honestly always thought without strength and toughness AoS could of had a D10 system for hits and saves. Would of given more variability for weapons and armour and would of got rid of the need of extra rules bolted on to make the difference 

Edited by CDM
  • Like 1

Imo, they have to do something with AoS 4th edition. It became way to complex if you don't play a lot and I don't have the feeling there is lot of gain in immersion for all the complexity they added. Non named heroes still feel very bland and forgetable.

With a redesigned warscroll, with more attributes (thus more like Warhammer of old), we can drop heroic actions, monsterous rampage, counting command points, phase command abilities, the different special rules to give bare bone stats a bit more flavour that  have different names per battletome or to make it more confusing with a small change. Just use universal special rules like hatred, frenzy and etc., . Same with battle tactics. What's the point?

I am exaggerating, but we as a very casual group forget a lot of our own armies, let alone that we know what the opponents army has as abilities.

Imo, the base design of the warscroll is the problem.

Edit: Didn't saw the mod warning.

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, willange said:

I just hope they don't simplify 4.0 like they did with 40k 10th ed.  I liked many of the 10th ed changes, but at the end of the day it went to far and I just can't get into it.  I would hate for AoS to lose that much depth.

Imo this is what is going to happen. With the rules already printing, and just 1 year difference between 10th and 4th, it would follow the same pattern, which has been done imo to attract younger players, as they tend to prefer simplified stuff.

• Like 1