The Rumour Thread

23 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/08/10/tour-the-cities-of-sigmar-and-see-the-wonders-of-the-mortal-realms/

And that's 3 out of 4 days with a CoS article. I really feel the Army Set could be out this month. Or maybe not, who knows? 😛

On the one hand, I don't think they've changed the original release date for army set, despite the leaks, but on the other, that's a lot of articles now for a box that should be out in early september... There's still hope. 😉

• Like 1

As far as we are aware the problem with epic is a recall issue on the rule book.

notably the gw website has now removed the note which says that deliveries will be delayed so I assume there won’t be a problem with them pushing out the cities box set.

none of the units will be legal in it till November tho given the back page validity note 

On 8/10/2023 at 12:41 PM, Skreech Verminking said:

Just the psychic stuff they did for 40k is something I really hope we won’t see.

And Enhancements. I want to have a lot to chose, even if some of them suck. Let me have mounts, traits, artifacts, spells, prayers, etc... 

Maybe I'm alone but I Ioved when we had 2 tables of items to from each realm, even if some of them were better than the others.

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 6

18 minutes ago, Beliman said:

And Enhancements. I want to have a lot to chose, even if it sucks. Let me have mounts, traits, artifacts, spells, prayers, etc... 

Maybe I'm alone but I Ioved when we had 2 tables of items to from each realm, even if some of them were better than the others.

Yes, I don't know how they can implement it, but if there is one thing I would love to see that it is taken from Warhammer is the way you could customize the characters with magic items + magic levels for wizards.

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 8/9/2023 at 4:53 PM, Jagged Red Lines said:

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I think GW doesn't do justice in their sculpts to how cool stormcast actually are as a concept. 

Look at this art and imagine a model like this. Something like the c'tan void dragon, leaping into the air carried up in the lightning. Instead they just look like a bunch of LARPers milling around.

I hope they at least do justice to the celestant prime in this respect when they come to redesign it.

Screenshot_20230809-164811_Samsung Internet.jpg

Got a whitefang like. Buckle up for a celestant prime remake.

BRING ME THANOS

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

6 hours ago, Asbestress said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/08/10/tour-the-cities-of-sigmar-and-see-the-wonders-of-the-mortal-realms/

And that's 3 out of 4 days with a CoS article. I really feel the Army Set could be out this month. Or maybe not, who knows? 😛

So far I had no news about the box coming earlier.

How many boxes would you guys plan to get? I "reserved" two months ago. And now that I see how many options we have for the kits, I don't regret.

One Steelheltms unit has heads for 18-19 units, I think it was. So 20 of them. Two cannos, changing a bit their crew and two ogors as well. I am doubting about the Calaviers, it is the one that feels has less options to build, specially weapons wise, and I really want to see the Fusiliers. Prolly two of this as well as the warcry band.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

And Enhancements. I want to have a lot to chose, even if it sucks. Let me have mounts, traits, artifacts, spells, prayers, etc... 

Sadly feels nowdays the rules tend to be reduced from season to season.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Btw, don't you think that the last Total War Warhammer DLC video has a lot of AoS vibes? I don't know why but gave me a vibe that maybe an AoS based one could be in the works.

Total War Warhammer III – Corrupt, Coerce, and Concoct with the Shadows of Change DLC - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

It gave me skaven vibes:

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Haha 3

On 8/9/2023 at 7:41 PM, Beliman said:

I'm in the opposite side of the argument. AoS doesn't give me enough tools or customizations. So, heroes are just "tools" to play with unless they have a name and unique abilities.

This is one thing I really do miss from WFB. I used to love opening up an army book, picking out my characters, then pouring over the magic item and other customization options and creating my own characters. I'd be thinking up back stories for them as I did it too. For some reason, I can't get into the backstory side of things in AoS as a result of the lack of customization options: a handful of command traits and artefacts, with usually one stand out option for each just doesn't do it for me.

I'd love to see this expanded in 4th, but I get the feeling I'm somewhat rare in this. 

• Like 15
  • LOVE IT! 2

16 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

This is one thing I really do miss from WFB. I used to love opening up an army book, picking out my characters, then pouring over the magic item and other customization options and creating my own characters. I'd be thinking up back stories for them as I did it too. For some reason, I can't get into the backstory side of things in AoS as a result of the lack of customization options: a handful of command traits and artefacts, with usually one stand out option for each just doesn't do it for me.

I'd love to see this expanded in 4th, but I get the feeling I'm somewhat rare in this. 

Exactly!

I still have a number of selfmade chars from WHF (Ephila von Kreysz, Dieter Weschler etc.) in AoS this simply doesn’t work. We‘ve had amazing times with these characters and made them our own!

Sure they gave us the Anvil of Apotheosis, but let’s be honest here: The Anvil is whack - It usually creates super heroes and most people I‘ve been experiencing that use it have abused it to build busted heroes that are stronger than gods. It’s a nice idea with a very bad implementation. The framework is too loose to work.

Edit: Just checked Path to Glory - one can’t customize one‘s heroes either🥲

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/08/11/the-hammerhal-herald-the-cities-of-sigmar-need-you/

And that's 4 out of 5 days with a Cities article. They've really gone full throttle with these, huh. Nice to see the Hammerhal Herald return too, although I hope we don't end up with a fully wheelless army once they get around to deciding what to do with the Steam Tank/Hurricanum in a few months/years/decades.
(Please be on pre-order next week, please be on pre-order next week...)

• Like 6

As others have mentioned I would love to see AoS V4 introduce an ability to "Build your own hero". AoS should still have the "Tool" characters with their own specific Warscrolls and gear (with a few options) but a "Build-a-bear" Hero option with the ability to create your own would be very fun (and cool

• Like 4

I think that Path to Glory section of each battletome should have its own Anvils of Apotheosis, like that whitedwarfs with thematic anvils for Soulblight, Flesh-eater, Khorne, Tzeench...

I understand similarities between warscrolls of the heroes of all battletomes because GW wants to standarize some balance, but in Narrative or Casual games, players should have more options to personalize their heroes and the narrative of their army.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Asbestress said:

(Please be on pre-order next week, please be on pre-order next week...)

Perhaps they've swapped release dates between Legion Imperialis and COS army set?

It's just a guess but it would seem feasible as long as the Cities boxes are ready (but that probably explains why I don't work in logistics 😅).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Throgg said:

I think that Path to Glory section of each battletome should have its own Anvils of Apotheosis

If is not possible to balance an Anvil of Apotheosis, just throw a bunch of stuff to buy with points. Traits, artifacts, weapons, mount traits, veteran abilities, armors, etc...

If any combo turns to be auto-take or just broken, lucky for us, we have FAQs every few months to increase points or adjust anything if needed.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Draznak said:

Perhaps they've swapped release dates between Legion Imperialis and COS army set?

It's just a guess but it would seem feasible as long as the Cities boxes are ready (but that probably explains why I don't work in logistics 😅).

The releases being swapped would be the dream, although I'm not sure GW would want to do that.
Imho Cities boxes are probably all already in warehouses/ready for release, so technically it maybe could probably be kinda feasible?

I created an account so that I can share some news with you:

Cities of Sigmar army set is will be available to pre-order on the 27th of August and the release date is 2nd of September

The other thing is that the next part of Dawnbringers campaign is coming late September and the title is Reign of Brute. More Orruks than just the Maw-Grunta will be released alongside 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4
  • LOVE IT! 9

7 minutes ago, Elarin said:

Cities of Sigmar army set is will be available to pre-order on the 27th of August and the release date is 2nd of September

The other thing is that the next part of Dawnbringers campaign is coming late September and the title is Reign of Brute. More Orruks than just the Maw-Grunta will be released alongside 

I'm being cautious as this seems to be a throwaway, but a pre-order on the 26th (27 is a Sunday...) seems believable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Asbestress said:

I'm being cautious as this seems to be a throwaway, but a pre-order on the 26th (27 is a Sunday...) seems believable.

Yeah, you're right, my bad 😅 it was meant to be 26th. Vanguard Seraphon will come alongside the set

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Elarin said:

This sounds great. Does more orruks than the maw grunta mean the Troggoth or is there more than that?

• LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Hollow said:

As others have mentioned I would love to see AoS V4 introduce an ability to "Build your own hero". AoS should still have the "Tool" characters with their own specific Warscrolls and gear (with a few options) but a "Build-a-bear" Hero option with the ability to create your own would be very fun (and cool

Or an alternative that may be easier to balance would be just more options on their warscroll. 

11 minutes ago, Chikout said:

This sounds great. Does more orruks than the maw grunta mean the Troggoth or is there more than that?

I don't know a lot unfortunately and I can't share everything now so as not to cause any unpleasant consequences to my source. However, there will be more Ironjawz models and there should be a bigger box - like the Harbinger boxes that will contain some Troggoth models. I would assume that one new model and some older Troggoths? To provide some credibility to what I'm saying: this Sunday some Kill Team boxes and new Kill Team annual should be announced for the next pre order. That way you'll know on Sunday if I'm at least somewhat credible 😁😁

Edited by Elarin
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 9
  • LOVE IT! 1

Just now, Elarin said:

I don't know a lot unfortunately and I can't share everything now so as not to cause any unpleasant consequences to my source. However, there should be a bigger box - like the Harbinger boxes that will contain some Troggoth models. I would assume that one new model and some older Troggoths? To provide some credibility to what I'm saying: this Sunday some Kill Team boxes and new Kill Team annual should be announced for the next pre order. That way you'll know on Sunday if I'm at least somewhat credible 😁😁

Cool, thanks for the info! Do you have any detail if more orruks are Ironjawz specific or Kruleboyz and Bonesplitterz also getting something? Also related, any info if the Troggoths are gitz related?