The Rumour Thread

Correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure that GW-Online was reported to have overtaken GW-Retail one or two financial reports ago. Again, I am just speculating, but I would have thought they have an Online Warehouse which puts in for runs of a few hundred to a few thousand of certain kits as and when. Obviously, the press machines are running at capacity and so to put in for a run of sprues will mean sitting in the queue. Then there will be product lines marked "Do Not Reprint" as there is no point in printing off 500, or 1000 of something if they will only sell a couple of hundred before a repackage, rebrand, repackage, or removal. I doubt they are doing "as needed" runs. 

Once a model has paid for its R+D, Mold, and Manufacture, further print runs will bring the cost considerably. These kits must be still sold in some kind of numbers. GW is pulling in hundreds of millions of pounds. 

Hello guys, bit of an off topic question for the people here that are familiar with the WHFB model ranges from back in the day, but also with the Horus Heresy line of models from Forge World and the way they are marketed and sold nowadays. So can you share your thoughts on the possible composition of new model ranges for the armies we are about to get for TOW, having in mind the current sets that are produced for HH? So for example for Bretonnia do you think we will get single characters like the Paladin and BSB in resin and the bigger models like Lord on Hippogryph and/or units like the Grail Knights in plastic or they will most likely lean towards full resin release of the new models? 

3 minutes ago, Sir Grimm said:

Hello guys, bit of an off topic question for the people here that are familiar with the WHFB model ranges from back in the day, but also with the Horus Heresy line of models from Forge World and the way they are marketed and sold nowadays. So can you share your thoughts on the possible composition of new model ranges for the armies we are about to get for TOW, having in mind the current sets that are produced for HH? So for example for Bretonnia do you think we will get single characters like the Paladin and BSB in resin and the bigger models like Lord on Hippogryph and/or units like the Grail Knights in plastic or they will most likely lean towards full resin release of the new models? 

I suspect resin for all characters, plastic for troops.

37 minutes ago, Hollow said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure that GW-Online was reported to have overtaken GW-Retail one or two financial reports ago. Again, I am just speculating, but I would have thought they have an Online Warehouse which puts in for runs of a few hundred to a few thousand of certain kits as and when. Obviously, the press machines are running at capacity and so to put in for a run of sprues will mean sitting in the queue. Then there will be product lines marked "Do Not Reprint" as there is no point in printing off 500, or 1000 of something if they will only sell a couple of hundred before a repackage, rebrand, repackage, or removal. I doubt they are doing "as needed" runs. 

Once a model has paid for its R+D, Mold, and Manufacture, further print runs will bring the cost considerably. These kits must be still sold in some kind of numbers. GW is pulling in hundreds of millions of pounds. 

Maybe because COVID happen and shut down everything but retail bounce back in the last few report over online which decrease because of strong retail recovery.

but point would stand that kit being sold on retail are more profitable then the ones they designate as online only as they just selling their existing stocks in inventory that may have lavash for who knows how long or how many runs ago.

Edited by novakai

For those is the USA who are interested in it (or deals on models in individual issues), Fauxhammer is reporting that the Age of Sigmar: Stormbringer magazine will be starting in the US this fall/autumn. We have a so far accurate leak of the models in each issue of Stormbringer so if you’re interested in Stormcast, Orruks, Gloomspite, Sylvaneth or Kharadron might be worth taking a look at it

https://www.fauxhammer.com/news/announcement-warhammer-stormbringer-coming-to-the-usa/?fbclid=IwAR2AxG-oKFFN4kWKMhgLzyfddokjQwAuJRJm_oUFhCLWKlUApc0jwXVCHls_aem_AY4ZlFgsTbp1C0ltJZ2-7KtGxkbSDKg6jQGum4gx2M9v_ARjnufFLFa4qUAykZb1tB8&utm_content=cmp-true

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, EonChao said:

For those is the USA who are interested in it (or deals on models in individual issues), Fauxhammer is reporting that the Age of Sigmar: Stormbringer magazine will be starting in the US this fall/autumn. We have a so far accurate leak of the models in each issue of Stormbringer so if you’re interested in Stormcast, Orruks, Gloomspite, Sylvaneth or Kharadron might be worth taking a look at it

https://www.fauxhammer.com/news/announcement-warhammer-stormbringer-coming-to-the-usa/?fbclid=IwAR2AxG-oKFFN4kWKMhgLzyfddokjQwAuJRJm_oUFhCLWKlUApc0jwXVCHls_aem_AY4ZlFgsTbp1C0ltJZ2-7KtGxkbSDKg6jQGum4gx2M9v_ARjnufFLFa4qUAykZb1tB8&utm_content=cmp-true

What about those of us in the frozen wastes of Andto... I mean Canada.

11 hours ago, mojojojo101 said:

I'm not sure I can put it into words exactly but I think I'd be pretty dissapointed if Malerion's forces just ended up being AoS Dark Elves. I feel like the nature of Ulgu opens up some really interesting space to do something truly wierd and extremely AoS-ey (for lack of a better term).

What you do with the Dark Elf factions in Cities, keeping them would be the preference, preferably with nicer models, particualrly for Executioners whoare just worse looking models than the metal versions they replaced.

I’m right with you there. I want the Ulgu Aelves to be their own thing, like the Idoneth were. I’ll be disappointed if it just ends up being like Warhammer Fantasy Dark Elves, especially if the old models end up there. I want them to be weird.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Sir Grimm said:

My bet is that everything new that is heroe-related or special scultps like unique monsters are going to be resin.

I assume that new/ updated units are going to be plastic, but only a few of them for each army. Btw, I can see a a few heroes in plastic if there is going to be a new big box set and if we are really lucky, maybe a new centerpiece in plastic every few months.

Of course, with the return of old miniatures and probably old big box sets too. Some in plastic, some in resin and maybe a few in metal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beliman said:

My bet is that everything new that is heroe-related or special scultps like unique monsters are going to be resin.

I assume that new/ updated units are going to be plastic, but only a few of them for each army. Btw, I can see a a few heroes in plastic if there is going to be a new big box set and if we are really lucky, maybe a new centerpiece in plastic every few months.

Of course, with the return of old miniatures and probably old big box sets too. Some in plastic, some in resin and maybe a few in metal.

I would expect metal models to go the way of the dodo, that's a whole different bit of factory and supply chain to maintain for only a few models. Also looking at you, Skryre Acolytes.

5 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

I would expect metal models to go the way of the dodo, that's a whole different bit of factory and supply chain to maintain for only a few models. Also looking at you, Skryre Acolytes.

Makes it even more weird that they announced that TOW will feature resin, plastic and metal models. Maybe they decided to phase out the universally disliked finecast instead of metal first? There are certainly some smaller miniature companies that still use metal, so it's not like it's a completely outdated technology.

2 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Makes it even more weird that they announced that TOW will feature resin, plastic and metal models. Maybe they decided to phase out the universally disliked finecast instead of metal first? There are certainly some smaller miniature companies that still use metal, so it's not like it's a completely outdated technology.

You are right, they did say that!

I'm not privy to GW's financials, but I'd say maintaining a supply chain just for a few of their oldest sculpts (assuming new sculpts will either be plastic or FW resin) does not make much sense, but then GW/FW isn't the best at resin.

2 hours ago, EntMan said:

How do we know it's 54 Warscrolls for Cities?

preview of the launch box, because there is 54 warscroll cards in it.

There’s also a special edition of the Battletome: Cities of Sigmar with cover art unique to this army set, and a deck of warscroll cards for all 54 units they can field. What makes up the rest of the roster? You’ll have to wait and see…

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/07/01/warhammer-preview-the-cities-of-sigmar-muster-for-the-dawnbringer-crusades/

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, EntMan said:

How do we know it's 54 Warscrolls for Cities?

It's in the article of not warhammer 40k online preview with army set and Tahlia Vedra reveals :

There’s also a special edition of the Battletome: Cities of Sigmar with cover art unique to this army set, and a deck of warscroll cards for all 54 units they can field. What makes up the rest of the roster? You’ll have to wait and see…

• Thanks 1

Confirmation of what existing CoS stuff is leaving the range. Article also touches the "25% of your force may be from X Order army" for certain Cities remaining. 

TLDR All High Elves and Wood Elves plus most Empire. All of the Dark Elf and Dwarf stuff looks to be staying though.

• Empire Freeguild General On Foot
  • Freeguild Crossbowmen/Handgunners
  • Freeguild Guard
  • Freeguild Pistoliers/Outriders
  • Freeguild Greatswords
  • Demigryph Knights
  • Hellblaster Volleygun/Helstorm Rocket Battery
  • Flamespyre Phoenix/Frostheart Phoenix
  • Phoenix Guard
  • Shadow Warriors/Sisters of Avalorn
  • Noble Prince
  • Eternal Guard/Wyldwood Rangers
  • Sisters of the Thorn/Wild Riders

Worth noting if you go on the webstore all the above are now LCTB (although some will probably just get reboxed for TOW), including the Anvilgard Start Collecting.

Stuff that's staying:

• All Duardin (inc. Ironweld)
  • All Dark Elves
  • Flagellants
  • Battle Wizards
  • Celestial Hurricanum/Luminark of Hysh
  • Freeguild General on Griffon/Battlemage of Griffon
  • Steam Tank
Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 8

Bit surprised to see the Griffon and Gyrocopters staying (not that I'm complaining, I love me some Dispossessed 😛)

I really think this means the release of the launch set is quite close now, with them having revealed it and now us getting this warehouse clearing.

Also...

AoS CoSRange Jul13 4

NEW HAMMERHAL COLOURED STUDIO STEAM TANK IN THE BACKGROUND!

I wish the Irondrakes got a new paintjob but I'm just glad that we'll probably see updated pictures for the Steam Tank on the webstore and Battletome. And now I'm hoping that we'll get to see a studio Steam Tank in Greywater colours!

• Like 1

Also, new artillery officially confirmed as being revealed quite soon!

We’ve now seen a new General, and new infantry, cavalry, gunners, and even an ogor, while more updated units – including artillery – are on their way to a preview article near you.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 4

13 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Confirmation of what existing CoS stuff is leaving the range.

TLDR Most Empire, High Elves and Wood Elves. All of the Dark Elf and Dwarf stuff looks to be staying though.

• Empire Freeguild General
  • Freeguild Guard
  • Freeguild Greatswords
  • Demigryph Knights
  • Phoenix Guard
  • Noble Prince

Worth noting if you go on the webstore these items are now LCTB (although some will probably just get reboxed for TOW).

Glad to finally get clarification, RIP Shadow Warriors/Sisters of Avalorn you were my favourite of the city Aelves. I do like that it settles that if I go through with my city plans that I can theme my force around a port city with Duardin roots, populated by humans, that hire mercenary aelven pirates, with a Stormkeep in the centre of the city.  

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

20 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Confirmation of what existing CoS stuff is leaving the range.

TLDR All High Elves and Wood Elves plus most Empire. All of the Dark Elf and Dwarf stuff looks to be staying though.

• Empire Freeguild General On Foot
  • Freeguild Guard
  • Freeguild Greatswords
  • Demigryph Knights
  • Phoenix Guard
  • Noble Prince

Worth noting if you go on the webstore all the above are now LCTB (although some will probably just get reboxed for TOW), including the Anvilgard Start Collecting.

Stuff that's staying:

• All Duardin (inc. Ironweld)
  • All Dark Elves
  • Flagellants
  • Battle Wizards
  • Celestial Hurricanum/Luminark of Hysh
  • Freeguild General on Griffon/Battlemage of Griffon
  • Steam Tank

An unxpectedly pro-customer move by GW. I fully expected them to keep quiet about the squatted kits until the starter box drops.

Slightly weird choice to prominently feature Shadow Warriors in the article that announces their removal:

ZgT9Psm2Gd6YwNCo.jpg

EDIT: Kinda glad my boy Karl Franz is staying. Still a super cool model.

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3