The Rumour Thread

12 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I think we'll get the updated Cities elves after the humans are done. Since the humans are the main focus of Cities in the lore/game. After the Umbraneth finally drop, so the old DE sculpts can go back to TOW will be a good time to get new sculpts for the Cities elves. 

Dark elves are not in focus in TOW so basically they will get only rules and stats to play old armies. So I think they will stay in CoS.

Old empire/freeguild , old wood elves/wanderers , old high elves/phoenix temple will definitely go back to old world

Spoiler

CsKw43KLHs5Rr4ot.jpg

10 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Yeah i see what you are getting at and i agree. But for now ill stop predicting with logic. GW seems to be releasing really out of the box designs and knocking it out of the park. I think i need to start thinking along the same lines. 

Try to think of it from the perspective of a marketing person who wants to build hype of the faction instead. The pitch for Cities is "This is what the cities of the mortal realms are like". We have now seen probably about half of the new kits. If elves and dwarves were a substantial part of the new release, they would have focussed on that fact by now. Not doing so just makes no sense from a marketing point of view.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Dark elves are not in focus in TOW so basically they will get only rules and stats to play old armies. So I think they will stay in CoS.

Old empire/freeguild , old wood elves/wanderers , old high elves/phoenix temple will definitely go back to old world

Reveal hidden contents

CsKw43KLHs5Rr4ot.jpg

Yeah but that doesn't mean they won't be sold on the Old World webstore and supported there. Add that to the fact the DE minis are really old and really don't blend in with the new Freeguild or even the Dispos imo. You have some more heavily armored humans and dwarfs with a grounded look, and next to them a gunch of edgy emo elves with really stiff poses. 

I don't see the old DE making it to the end of 4th ed in CoS.

1 minute ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Yeah but that doesn't mean they won't be sold on the Old World webstore and supported there. Add that to the fact the DE minis are really old and really don't blend in with the new Freeguild or even the Dispos imo. You have some more heavily armored humans and dwarfs with a grounded look, and next to them a gunch of edgy emo elves with really stiff poses. 

I like the Black Ark Coursairs, though. Those guys fit perfectly into Cities in my mind, as a bunch of pirates and monster hunters who don't have an inclination to join one of the assorted elven cults.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

During warhammer fest seminar they said that they will support and re release old kits only for the 9 featured factions. For the rest of classic armies (including DE) they will publish only rules and stats.

we already know from Whitefang that old dark elves will stay (for now) while freeguild, arsenal, wandereres, phoenix temple will leave CoS.

57 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Try to think of it from the perspective of a marketing person who wants to build hype of the faction instead. The pitch for Cities is "This is what the cities of the mortal realms are like". We have now seen probably about half of the new kits. If elves and dwarves were a substantial part of the new release, they would have focussed on that fact by now. Not doing so just makes no sense from a marketing point of view.

Yeah, I had hoped we'd see these units mixed to represent the fact of the cultural diversity the cities of Sigmar has. Not just in terms of the various factions soldiers but also in the weapons and gear they use.

The new CoS has a striking resemblance to the 40k's Imperium style (which is a really cool aesthetic, I have to say). I mean, you could pick almost any miniature from CoS and it'd be right at home in a 40k imperial army. The new CoS looks like how one might expect the mortals to become, i.e. more and more warlike which gets represented in their appearance and attitude.

There's also lots and lots of potential for kitbashing for other factions in AoS. A FEC player might use some of their kits to add more history of origins to their ghoulified units, a chaos army might use them to represent infiltrators who finally reveal their true selves, for SBGL it is just a smorgasbord for anything they want, and so on.

I'm a big fan of factions having a large sold "core" of Infantry/Cavalry. I just think it really sells the concept of the faction being a fully-fledged army. I love monsters, characters, war machines and crazy concepts I just like to see them juxtaposed alongside "regular troops". Armored Knights are such a staple of fantasy settings. The Palladors, Dracolines and Dracoths are good. I'd just love to see a Stormcast version similar to the Chaos Knight kit as previously mentioned. Duardin cavalry of some type would be awesome. 

• LOVE IT! 1

22 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

Rhinos kinda exist for Ogors already though, and if/when they get a remake they might even look awesome.

We also have Juggernauths for Khorne, but you could still find some unexplored design space there. Or have a look at corresponding extinct megafauna.

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I like the Black Ark Coursairs, though. Those guys fit perfectly into Cities in my mind, as a bunch of pirates and monster hunters who don't have an inclination to join one of the assorted elven cults.

Yeah same. I'd like to see them get new minis for AoS but in the meanwhile their minis look fine as is. They're decently dynamic for rank and file minis and have nice details and costumisation. Same for the Hydra and the scourgerunner chariot. 

Them and the shadow warriors look very good in Cities as they are.

27 minutes ago, Ledgington said:

Maybe gives an idea of what any future Azry battle mages will look like

IMG_6820.jpeg

I would not be surprised if a design very much like this turned out to be a real model included in the Cities refresh. I don't believe the old Battlemage and Hurricanum kits are going to get retired/refreshed, but given that we already saw the new Alchemite, maybe another magical hero or contraption might be in the cards.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cyrus said:

During warhammer fest seminar they said that they will support and re release old kits only for the 9 featured factions. For the rest of classic armies (including DE) they will publish only rules and stats.

we already know from Whitefang that old dark elves will stay (for now) while freeguild, arsenal, wandereres, phoenix temple will leave CoS.

There's no way all of those things are leaving CoS and they still have 54 warscrolls. Freeguild are clearly getting updated, and I imagine ironweld arsenal are as well. Maybe wanderers or Phoenix temple could disappear but I doubt both would. We're already at like 7 kits revealed? With at least 3 more by my estimation, but probably closer to 5, which takes the release to 10-12 kits, which is a very large release by AoS standards isn't it? cutting out more would need to push it to like 15+ kits

1 minute ago, Boingrot Bouncer said:

For me what is lacking in the new kits so far is some kind of priest since there seem to be so much religious symbols etc.

I will almost bet that a new warrior priest will be released, or at the very least the excelsior warpriest will be coming into rotation again.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

I will almost bet that a new warrior priest will be released, or at the very least the excelsior warpriest will be coming into rotation again.

Wow, not seen that model before, it's lush. I hope you are right.

image.png.6ff306d5cc1b70f855125ac3cd4468a1.png

4 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

They’re also pretty ‘embedded’ in the background of AoS in a sense. A novella, multiple references to the old Scourge Empire, and they’re linked in with the larger Morathi/Har Kuron Broken Realms plot as the main elven rebels against her rule (where they work particular closely with the human Freeguild rebels).

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

There's no way all of those things are leaving CoS and they still have 54 warscrolls. Freeguild are clearly getting updated, and I imagine ironweld arsenal are as well. Maybe wanderers or Phoenix temple could disappear but I doubt both would. We're already at like 7 kits revealed? With at least 3 more by my estimation, but probably closer to 5, which takes the release to 10-12 kits, which is a very large release by AoS standards isn't it? cutting out more would need to push it to like 15+ kits

To the best of my knowledge, this is the current best guess for Cities warscrolls:

Spoiler
  1. • Celestial Hurricanum with Celestial Battlemage
  2. • Dreadlord on Black Dragon
  3. • Luminark of Hysh with White Battlemage
  4. • Sorceress on Black Dragon
  5. • Steam Tank with Commander
  6. • Assassin
  7. • Battlemage
  8. • Black Ark Fleetmaster
  9. • Cogsmith
  10. • Runelord
  11. • Sorceress
  12. • Warden King
  13. • Doralia ven Denst
  14. • Galen ven Denst
  15. • Haskell Hexbane
  16. • Hexbane's Hunters
  17. • Bleakswords
  18. • Darkshards
  19. • Dreadspears
  20. • Ironbreakers
  21. • Longbeards
  22. • Black Ark Corsairs
  23. • Black Guard
  24. • Dark Riders
  25. • Drakespawn Chariots
  26. • Drakespawn Knights
  27. • Executioners
  28. • Gyrobombers
  29. • Gyrocopters
  30. • Hammerers
  31. • Irondrakes
  32. • Scourgerunner Chariots
  33. • Shadow Warriors
  34. • Celestial Hurricanum
  35. • Kharibdyss
  36. • Luminark of Hysh
  37. • Steam Tank
  38. • War Hydra
  39. Steelhelms
  40. Cavaliers
  41. Fusiliers
  42. Marshall
  43. Alchemite
  44. Thalia Vedra
  45. Warhulk
  46. Cannon
  47. Elites (Big Axe Render)
  48. Flagellant Replacement (expected due to lore reasons)
  49. Big Religious Kit (Religious bits render)
  50. Unrevealed Unit 1 (e,g Warpriest)
  51. Unrevealed Unit 2 (e.g Witch Hunter)
  52. Unrevealed Unit 3 (e.g. Outriders)
  53. Unrevealed Unit 4 (e.g. Generic Character on Beast Mount)
  54. Unrevealed Unit 5 (e.g. New Celestial Mage)

Returning warscrolls on top, confirmed or strongly expected warscrolls in italics, speculation on the bottom).

To me, Phoenix Temple and Wanderers being removed still seems plausible at 54 warscrolls total.

EDIT: And that is assuming singular warscrolls per kit. A new Freeguild General on Griffon could easily build both a generic hero and a character. Elites could well come in two builds, as well. As could Outriders/Pistoliers.

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

Don't forget we have more warscrolls now than were originally in the book. Hexbane and their hunters are two as are the witch hunter family. I don't think they'll make it in but there are also 6 heroes from cursed city. In the app the phoenixes, the luminary, the Hurricanum and the steam tank all have two warscrolls each but  only one in the book.  To make the magic number of 54, that's potentially as many as 13 warscrolls that would have to go before you add anything new. 

As for big releases, Gloomspite had 14 kits in one go Nighthaunt had 15,  Slaanesh got 16 across two waves and Lumineth got 20 across two waves. 

A wave of 15 new kits isn't outside the realm of possibility. 

3 hours ago, MitGas said:

Getting Duardin cavalry in CoS would make FS players justifiably angry though. 😙

Not if we FINALLY get our minidroths... Ridden by Runedaughters or other female vulkites...

A FS player can dream at least. 🥲

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1