The Rumour Thread

predictions

AOS

-1 more  cities of sigmar unit and launch box (5 of the cav, 8 of the dudes we have seen and the character +8 dudes with rifles, you will need 15 of them per unit and box works out to 250pts )

-a single new hero for the campaign

warcry

-Fyreslayers warband, but its just 10 more basic dwarfs with awkward mirror copy paste bodies, but this time their big axe has some small fire effect on it

underworlds

-new skaven team (the actual good reveal)

Horus heresy

-New plastic sicaran arcus, a render of mark 3 armour + deredeo and if we are lucky lorgar empowered

Old world

a 10 min cgi trailer by the total warhammer guys, that pans out to reveal that the new starter box set is all old models with 1 new character on each side

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Ahh yes it does ring a bell.... Was it plainly stated by GW, or just an inference from the at-the-time-thought-confirmed SCE vs Vampire leaked set ?

IIRC, it was a statement made from the last preview event where they rolled out the Warcry roadmap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HorticulusTGA said:

... or as the first Season 2 boxed set expansion (it isn't confirmed that Warcry is moving to stand alone warband releases). ...

I distinctly recall them saying exactly that - as Lost Sigmarite said - the next season of Warcry was just going to be individual releases with no "versus + terrain boxes" like they've been doing for the last while (and in Kill Team).

So...

Updated predictions time!

AOS:

-At least 1 CoS kit, hoping for 2-3 and/or Army Box
-Dawnbringers II Destruction and/or new terrain

Underworlds:

-Skaven

Warcry:

-Leaked Starter
-Kruleboyz Warband
-Cities of Sigmar Warband

Horus Heresy:

-Leaked Knight
-Mark III

Old World:

-Liche Priest

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

57 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

So...

Updated predictions time!

AOS:

-At least 1 CoS kit, hoping for 2-3 and/or Army Box
-Dawnbringers II Destruction and/or new terrain

Underworlds:

-Skaven

Warcry:

-Leaked Starter
-Kruleboyz Warband
-Cities of Sigmar Warband

Horus Heresy:

-Leaked Knight
-Mark III

Old World:

-Liche Priest

That would be perfect for me. The only thing I'd prefer more would be if Warcry was Skaven but if Underworlds is something to do with Clan Skrye then that's absolutely perfect.

I'm actually really keen to see what the totally confirmed Fyreslayer warband is going to look like now. It'll have axes, obviously, but some kind of new unit, like Fyreslayer scouts or beast handlers would be really cool to see. Maybe even a weird offshoot warrior cult like the Trueblades are for Vampires, there's a lot of potential, and the one thing Warcry never does is just random generic dudes without a unique theme.

Edited by madmac

7 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Have some faith in Grimnir! 

Oh My God Okay GIF - Oh My God Okay Its Happening - Discover & Share GIFs

Are we getting like 4 new Warcry warbands here?!

Or perhaps a taste of the future dwarfiness to come?
Or it's just Fyreslayers vs Kruleboyz and my hopes and dreams of a Cities warband have been crushed... (but then where does Hammer and Bolter fit in? Surprise Darkoath?)

Edited by Asbestress
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1