The Rumour Thread

23 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

Turning Stormcasts into AoS Space Marines would be the biggest disappointment. 40k is so boring when they spam dozens of same looking models just with different names. Hope AoS will be better than that.

It sucks and if we are being honest it does feel like GW have been pushing Stormcast to become Space Marines. We just don't know how successful their attempts have been.

GW will always follow the money first and if Stormcast are selling then expect a lot more of them.............

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, EntMan said:

I agree it'd be a disappointment. But the introduction of Thunderstrike armour following the introduction of Primaris Marines makes me pessimistic that GW has the 'lets do with them what we do with Space Marines' plan for Stormcasts.

I don't see that as the case but that they're just fine tuning a design from a brand new first edition setting. 

Imo a few other factions could use this. 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

Turning Stormcasts into AoS Space Marines would be the biggest disappointment. 40k is so boring when they spam dozens of same looking models just with different names. Hope AoS will be better than that.

Look at GW store. 68 Stormcast related products. That's the same as DoK, Fyreslayers, Idoneth Deepkin and Kharadron Overlords combined. It's just silly.

IMG_20230614_192255.jpg

Tbf, replacing an existing model with a new design will have no impact on those numbers

Edited by Marcvs
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

:(

No Monday-CoS, no Wednesday-Neave, 40k everywhere-week(s), I'm mighty sad.

I know it's a new edition launch, but still...

@Nezzhil can you please work your crypto magik and tell us if there is still a "secret" video on the AOS YouTube playlist ??

Still holding some hope for Friday, since we don't usually get reveals on Thursdays, but sometimes they decide to throw some random new mini or book in at the end of the week for some reason 😛

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

since we don't usually get reveals on Thursdays

I wish we had an "Heresy Thursday" series for CoS though...

10 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

just take this time of peace and tranquility and use it to finish your backlog

Good idea. At the moment painting some Nurglings (for Warcry mainly).

6 minutes ago, Ledgington said:

We’re at the very least getting another Dawnbringers short story this week

Oh yes, forgot that ! Looking forward to it then :') 

• Like 2

Tbf SCE don't get even half the attention Space Marines get. Only reason to compare Marines to Stormcasts is because they're heavily armored "good guys" that make it in every starter set. 

The SCE range is nowhere near as big as the Marines'... And we are not getting banged on the head over and over again with SCE releases every year unlike what Space Marines get. Yeah Stormcasts get a big wave every beginning of edition but that's pretty much it. Apart from random heroes here and there. SM get multiple kits per year. 

And tbf I would like to see new SCE kits. Particularly remakes of the 1st Ed ones with better proportions (no more short thighs and squatting legs), more poses and more head variety. 

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Oh yeah!! What day was it last week mate?

It came out on Friday last week so I’d assume it will be the same this week. However, it just said “Check back next week for the latest edition of the Dawnbringer Chronicles…” at the end of the article.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RyantheFett said:

It sucks and if we are being honest it does feel like GW have been pushing Stormcast to become Space Marines. We just don't know how successful their attempts have been.

GW will always follow the money first and if Stormcast are selling then expect a lot more of them.............

Well they are also Ergonomically design for beginners and reality they are design as a necessity for the game as every TT game always have a poster boy army.

despite people claim X order army can be use to replace Stormcast eternal that just not how it work for marketing and gaming. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Ledgington said:

It came out on Friday last week so I’d assume it will be the same this week. However, it just said “Check back next week for the latest edition of the Dawnbringer Chronicles…” at the end of the article.

Cheers mate!! Looking forward to it.

3 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

7pdfew.jpg

I laughed so hard at this I woke the wife up.

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

As much as I am excited for the potential Neave reveal and more cities I am weirdly just wanting an update on the potential City terrain... and I don't think I will use it for my own collection. I just want to see it in batreps and for it to appear at my LGS.

Mate me too!! I cannot wait to see if its real and how modular it can be. Hopefully they are like the 40K Cities of Death kits from...oh Sigmar I felt like they were recent and looked them up and they were released in 2006!? Those 17 years really flew by.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Tbf SCE don't get even half the attention Space Marines get. Only reason to compare Marines to Stormcasts is because they're heavily armored "good guys" that make it in every starter set. 

The SCE range is nowhere near as big as the Marines'... And we are not getting banged on the head over and over again with SCE releases every year unlike what Space Marines get. Yeah Stormcasts get a big wave every beginning of edition but that's pretty much it. Apart from random heroes here and there. SM get multiple kits per year. 

And tbf I would like to see new SCE kits. Particularly remakes of the 1st Ed ones with better proportions (no more short thighs and squatting legs), more poses and more head variety. 

That's why I still think AoS is better than 40k. It's good to tell about our concerns. GW is listening. The more often we repeat that we don't want 40k SM situation in AoS the more likely we won't.

Although you would like to see some SC remakes won't you agree that there are several other armies (and their fans) that deserve minis much more than another SC wave?

2 hours ago, Aeryenn said:

Although you would like to see some SC remakes won't you agree that there are several other armies (and their fans) that deserve minis much more than another SC wave?

Just because other armies deserve minis doesn't mean that we should put all SCE releases to a halt until all of these armies have had their share. That's not how it works. AoS releases are not "FC Stormcasts vs AC small armies" and neither is the fanbase. And tbf, it's kinda mean to say to SCE players they don't deserve minis because some other armies doesn't have some. "Army X only gets a foot hero so you only get a foot hero too !". That's not how it should work.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

51 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Just because other armies deserve minis doesn't mean that we should put all SCE releases to a halt until all of these armies have had their share. That's not how it works. AoS releases are not "FC Stormcasts vs AC small armies" and neither is the fanbase. And tbf, it's kinda mean to say to SCE players they don't deserve minis because some other armies doesn't have some. "Army X only gets a foot hero so you only get a foot hero too !". That's not how it should work.

I think it's more about the feeling that what SCE should have.

AoS has a lot of micro-armies with less than 20 units, and that's an stigma that AoS is carrying since 2015. SCE are just the main focus, and that's why some of the community are a bit "annoyed" (not shure if that's the word that I'm looking for) at them. S2D and other armies have a bunch of units too, but SCE were born 8 years ago, in the same time as many other micro-armies.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, RyantheFett said:

I like how they're being portrayed as more elemental in the art at least since third edition. For instance, eyes crackling lightning and lightning effects from weapons.

I'd like them to go full Thor Ragnarok with them in terms of the models too. Something like the C'tan Void Dragon, with warriors descending in the lightning. Maybe that's the direction they'll take Neve Blacktalon if they re-do her.

They started off as space marines when AoS launch. But I feel like they're slowly becoming less generic, and perhaps closer to the Norse einherjar they're based on.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Actually it does. Resources are limited. It's either another wave of Stormcasts or any other army. SC have 4x more minis than some armies. Do we really want to make it 5x?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

I do agree that other armies should get significant updates before Stormcast do, but I can’t bring myself to begrudge them a resculpted character model or something little like that (which is where this conversation started). 

Edited by Still-young
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

Actually it does. Resources are limited. It's either another wave of Stormcasts or any other army. SC have 4x more minis than some armies. Do we really want to make it 5x?

If they ALL had good, playable warscrolls? I honestly don't mind. I play Fyreslayers myself, the faction that so many people find to be underrepresented and short staffed (ha. ha.), and let me tell you one thing, the number of models SCE have has literally no impact on my enjoyment of the FS, for example. Or any other of the armies I play.

SCE do have a special status in AoS and yes, it's the same one the SM have in 40K, this being the brand and identity for the game. That first, immediately recognisable emblem for the whole franchise. For that, the SCE actually receive far less attention than the SM do. In the past two years Lumineth got three times as many books as the Stormcast did ;)

But seriously, the SCE get a book per edition, which is sometimes fewer than some other armies, and GW does do a very good job of at least keeping all the AoS armies up to date with the rules. As for, how they plan the model releases, that's a different kettle of fish and GW's modus operandi on that may feel erratic, counter-intuitive and random, but again, it's really hard to believe that any kit upgrades are being pushed back or omitted _because_ of the SCE in any way.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

I play Fyreslayers myself, the faction that so many people find to be underrepresented and short staffed (ha. ha.), and let me tell you one thing, the number of models SCE have has literally no impact on my enjoyment of the FS, for example.

This. This right here.

I'd also had that I'd rather have a faction with a limited but balanced roster, where every warscroll has a clear cut role that works in the army's playstyle, than giving a faction a big roster for the sake of having a big roster (a bit like WFB did with its army books and their stuffed army lists)

Like sure, let's give Kharadrons 10 new units. But do they need it if it creates redundancies, inbalances and bloats the roster ?

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1