The Rumour Thread

23 minutes ago, King Under the Mountain said:

I would love for a Ushoran model and FEC are in dire needs of a refresh.

But Harbingers also could be used to describe an action or event.  (Harbingers of War/Harbingers of 4th Edition).  No idea what there title can mean but excited to find out! 

Well, just going by previous experience.

Malign Portents kicked off with 4 new models-A Sacrosanct Stormcast, a Night Gobbo, a Ghost, and a Darkoath Barbarian, and in the end we got a whole wave of Sacrosanct Stormcast, Gloomspite Gits, Nighthaunt, and loads of Slave to Darkness stuff, including a whole barbarian themed sidegame and multiple waves of models.

Broken Realms was a bit of a headfake in that it kicked off with Morathi vs Deepkin vs Slaanesh, and aside from Slaanesh none of them really got anything big. Every new model released for Broken Realms after that though was tied to at least a fairly large release, or massive in some cases.

With the new narrative campaign we're kicking things off with four new heroes, called Harbringers, and each of them seems tied to the plot being set up, and each representing a GA. We know the second book in the series will probably be Orc themed and they're definitely getting some good stuff, and of course FEC and CoS have big releases already earmarked for later in the year.  I feel like it's more likely than not that GW is going somewhere with this, model-wise.

I think the reasons it tends to turn out this way is pretty simple, GW isn't sitting around cranking out models specifically for narrative purposes, it's more that the factions they are actively working on already have lots of models in the pipeline so it's easy for GW to just toss out a couple of them early to tease what's coming later.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

6 minutes ago, Baz said:

And on next week's episode of Blacktalon we have some Dawnbringers and what looks like a wardroth beetle pulling a Dawnbringers floating fortress!! 

Screenshot_20230611_182854_Samsung Internet.jpg

DAWNBRINGERS MINI ON MONDAY OR WE RIOT.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

4 minutes ago, Baz said:

And on next week's episode of Blacktalon we have some Dawnbringers and what looks like a wardroth beetle pulling a Dawnbringers floating fortress!! 

And some (probably) soon-to-be-non-existant Demigryph Knights...

Also, nice to see Dispossessed in the background being represented as members of Dawnbringer armies, with what appears to be the new Hammerhal paint scheme (metal with red shields).

Speaking of Blacktalon. I'm a couple of episodes behind so am watching the 4th one right now and this Nurgle corrupted farmer is such a cool design. I really would love to see something like this in 4th with rules that cause the terrain nearby to cause debuffs or something similar

blacktalon plague farmer.png

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Baz said:

Hey guys! We can use magic to literally make huge rocks with buildings on top float!

Unfortunately you still have to pull them along with ropes like slaves. Apparently magic can't do that....

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, EonChao said:

Speaking of Blacktalon. I'm a couple of episodes behind so am watching the 4th one right now and this Nurgle corrupted farmer is such a cool design. I really would love to see something like this in 4th with rules that cause the terrain nearby to cause debuffs or something similar

blacktalon plague farmer.png

This gives me hope that we will see 1w mortal infantry for MoN army. 

1 minute ago, Goatforce said:

Is it just me or did Realm of Ruin not get shown at the Xbox showcase like I presume it was supposed to be?

The developers said that the new trailer is going to be revealed at The PC Gaming Show.

1 minute ago, Talas said:

The developers said that the new trailer is going to be revealed at The PC Gaming Show.

Yeah I just realised that, I thought that the Xbox show was the only one today and got very sad (well happy to see Fable and Avowed but still) 😂

1 hour ago, Talas said:

Just watched the trailer, honestly not much of interest, other than showing more of the KB roster and confirming that it still looks a lot like Dawn of War.

5 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Has anyone pointed out that the GW store lists Neave/Zephyros kit as No Longer Available?

I wonder if she will be a Dawnbringer hero

Seems to be only in certain regions. Maybe just some internal machinations with stock codes?
Or they are taking the kit down when a certain region's stock runs out in anticipation of a new one?

Although I don't really know why they'd need to update her, as I think the kit still looks just fine and pretty clearly represents how she appears on WH+.

Edited by Asbestress

1 hour ago, Asbestress said:

Seems to be only in certain regions. Maybe just some internal machinations with stock codes?
Or they are taking the kit down when a certain region's stock runs out in anticipation of a new one?

Although I don't really know why they'd need to update her, as I think the kit still looks just fine and pretty clearly represents how she appears on WH+.

Neave is wearing Thunderstrike armor in Blacktalon, which is quite different from her 1st edition model

• Like 4

12 hours ago, madmac said:

...and of course FEC and CoS have big releases already earmarked for later in the year...

What are the FEC rumours out of curiosity? I looked back and saw a 'Whitefang reacts' post where it was intimated that FEC might be a big release, but are there any more rumours since that?

Just started building recently a Mousillon-themed FEC army, so new units/models are going to be a pain to fit into my already-sorted proxy theme 😃

1 hour ago, Il Maestro said:

What are the FEC rumours out of curiosity? I looked back and saw a 'Whitefang reacts' post where it was intimated that FEC might be a big release, but are there any more rumours since that?

Just started building recently a Mousillon-themed FEC army, so new units/models are going to be a pain to fit into my already-sorted proxy theme 😃

If I remember correctly, the extent of FEC rumours is Whitefang liking a bunch of FEC hype post and commenting "What makes you think FEC is not going to be big?" in response to someone saying they expect a small release.