The Rumour Thread

28 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

I think once the next 3 weeks are over and 10th Ed is finally out we'll start hearing more. Happens every time a new edition comes out. 

True, just a shame that they may not be slipping us a last tidbit before then. Also a little salty that this also probably means that I will have to wait for the Seraphon Vanguard Box... Which does really suck that we don't even know what's in it yet.

11 minutes ago, EonChao said:

Over on GW's Facebook accounts they've announced that the Tyranid and Space Marine reveals will be tied to a global campaign using Leviathan with the winning faction getting their models revealed first. Considering Leviathan doesn't come out until the 25th June and they need to have at least a few days for people to play games and submit results we're probably looking like a lean few weeks for 40k reveals.

giphy.gif

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, EonChao said:

Over on GW's Facebook accounts they've announced that the Tyranid and Space Marine reveals will be tied to a global campaign using Leviathan with the winning faction getting their models revealed first. Considering Leviathan doesn't come out until the 25th June and they need to have at least a few days for people to play games and submit results we're probably looking like a lean few weeks for 40k reveals.

I kind of like this low stakes but narrativized event I hope we get something fun next edition.

I am still feeling like it will be SCE vs Skaven.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I kind of like this low stakes but narrativized event I hope we get something fun next edition.

I am still feeling like it will be SCE vs Skaven.

I honestly have been hoping for another GW sponsored Narrative Event, so far they've been real fun... At least for AOS. I hope we get another Malign Portents event in the near future: something that directs the lore in a unique direction based on our choices (barring the fact that the models released at the end were already prepared 2-3 years in advance).

• Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Talas said:

I'd love to see Cities vs Skaven, you could even sprinkle some Stormcasts on the Cities side.

That would be ideal. I doubt GW will ever go back to the Fantasy model where any armies could be in a Starter Box, but Cities would be far more interesting as poster boys. Or they could rotate it even if the Poster army remains in Order, or indeed just cycle between a few editions of SE and Cities. GW will hopefully learn that AoS is not 40K eventually, and that spamming out 1 army as half of the easiest way to get into the hobby is a bit of a pain for many hobbyists.

I'm sure there's plenty of starter boxes that would sell gangbusters too. Feels like SCE popularity gets propped up by starter boxes and easy access to the models, but stuff like StD, Seraphon, Gitz, Lumineth, Soulblight, and even ironjawz seem to be hugely popular, possibly even rivalling or beating out SCE. I'm sure a starter box with any of those armies would go over really well, and you can bank on old nostalgia with them as well. Seraphon vs FeC harkening back to the old lizardmen vs brettonia, Gitmob vs Lumineth, harkening back to the 4th ed eltharion vs grom. There's so many possibilities.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

I play Tzeentch in AOS and Nurgle in 40k, I know exactly what happens when you hope for something.

I play skaven. I don’t know what you’re talking about.

seems to me that hope is the last thing keeping the skaven community going.

10 hours ago, Talas said:

I'd love to see Cities vs Skaven, you could even sprinkle some Stormcasts on the Cities side.

Same. Just gives us the new skaven models.

at this point I can’t believe that we are still sitting at about 50% of models in need of an update.

9 hours ago, Ganigumo said:

I'm sure there's plenty of starter boxes that would sell gangbusters too. Feels like SCE popularity gets propped up by starter boxes and easy access to the models, but stuff like StD, Seraphon, Gitz, Lumineth, Soulblight, and even ironjawz seem to be hugely popular, possibly even rivalling or beating out SCE. I'm sure a starter box with any of those armies would go over really well, and you can bank on old nostalgia with them as well. Seraphon vs FeC harkening back to the old lizardmen vs brettonia, Gitmob vs Lumineth, harkening back to the 4th ed eltharion vs grom. There's so many possibilities.

Seems to me that skaven are incredible popular.

next to the view thousands of people who play them there are about as many who seem to be interested in starting that army, if they could just get new models

24 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

at this point I can’t believe that we are still sitting at about 50% of models in need of an update.

next to the view thousands of people who play them there are about as many who seem to be interested in starting that army, if they could just get new models

I guess two things play into it; Skaven players are perhaps louder on the internet ;) and yes yes, a lot of people would start them and that's probably because of their background. They're just fun and kinda adorable in their own way. But starting them now (unless you only buy the newer kits) makes not much sense as the range refresh is inevitable at this point. If only I wasn't so lazy...

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MitGas said:

I guess two things play into it; Skaven players are perhaps louder on the internet ;) and yes yes, a lot of people would start them and that's probably because of their background. They're just fun and kinda adorable in their own way. But starting them now (unless you only buy the newer kits) makes not much sense as the range refresh is inevitable at this point. If only I wasn't so lazy...

To be loud, you need a good amount of people😂.

😝

• Subscriber
52 minutes ago, MitGas said:

To mis-quote a proverb: "The squeaky rat gets the cheese"

Edited by SunStorm
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Im almost 1000% convinced thst 4.0 is the refresh for Skaven.

If we get Chaos Duardin or Malerions Aelves next Edition and no Skaven range refresh then I will be livid.

At this point Id rather we update all the Factions that need them; Skaven, Beasts of Chaos, Ogor Mawtribes, Flesh Eater Courts and give the current Factions there 2nd Waves; Fyreslayers, Idoneth, Ossiarch, Kharadron before we add in any new Factions.

• Like 1