The Rumour Thread

I wonder if there’s a link between the kits rumoured to be leaving the cities of sigmar range and those that are featuring in the old world? Might explain why darkling covens are rumoured to be sticking around whilst wanderers and Phoenix temple are going (but presumably the kits are staying around for use in the old world) 

of course the dwarves still seem to be going against this 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, YoghurtKobold said:

Why is there a photo of wood elves with old treeman sculpt? What about that Plastic kit which is now in Sylvaneth range? I hope they are not wasting production and shelf space on model that was replaced a decade ako during the existence of old WHFB.

Probably just the WHC team grabbing for photos from the pile? Given that plastic treelord/treeman was a WHFB mini.

• Like 1

Exciting news about The Old World, suprised but happy to see high elves will be part of the focus. 

Going from the pics I'm making the following assumptions

Chariots will be on the same size bases as they were in 8th edition. 

The following kits will be returning 

Orcs boar boyz

Orc chariot

Goblin wolf riders 

High elf sky cutter chariot 

White lions 

High elves from island of blood

Dwarf warriors 

Knights of the realm

Bretonnian bowmen and men at arms 

Wood elf wardancers 

Wood elf treeman

Intresting to note the factions not being focused on are factions with models pretty much all still available to be able to build a army for The Old World. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Azamar said:

I wonder if there’s a link between the kits rumoured to be leaving the cities of sigmar range and those that are featuring in the old world? Might explain why darkling covens are rumoured to be sticking around whilst wanderers and Phoenix temple are going (but presumably the kits are staying around for use in the old world) 

of course the dwarves still seem to be going against this 

Indeed. If the rumour is to believe Wanderers and Phoenix temple are removed from CoS, so all those will probably go to the Old World. It seems GW doesn't want to cross-platform AoS and Old World miniatures. For the previewed good factions this has almost no impact, but for the evil factions (except Tomb Kings) this has an impact.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, YoghurtKobold said:

Why is there a photo of wood elves with old treeman sculpt? What about that Plastic kit which is now in Sylvaneth range? I hope they are not wasting production and shelf space on model that was replaced a decade ako during the existence of old WHFB.

They are trying to avoid to show any AoS model on theses photos. It is all marketing 

• Like 1

Just now, Nezzhil said:

They are trying to avoid to show any AoS model on theses photos. It is all marketing 

Yeah, a strange decision. As the plastic treeman was released during 8th edition, but that one is now firmly in the Sylvaneth miniature range.

2 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

That said, they do use the Irondrakes in two photos, who're only six months older than the plastic Treeman.

But it probably is just marketing for a big Made-to-Order wave and a lot "gee whizz remember these CLASSIC sculpts? BUY NOW, don't miss out!" but I reckon nobody is going to tell you that you can't use the newer sculpt. Hell I wouldn't be shocked if the actual books did end up using the plastic Treeman.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Beastmen screams to me "dual release AoS/Old World". Maybe that's why they took so long to get an update. They were waiting for that perfect window of opportunity. 

Let's hope so! But for the moment GW is really doing their best to keep the mini's of both systems seperated. So a dual release seems currently unlikely. Which is odd, because a new range that could be used for Beasts of Chaos and Beastmen Brayherds sounds like a good financial move.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Let's hope so! But for the moment GW is really doing their best to keep the mini's of both systems seperated. So a dual release seems currently unlikely. Which is odd, because a new range that could be used for Beasts of Chaos and Beastmen Brayherds sounds like a good financial move.

While it may not be advertised as dual system, doesnt mean people wouldn't use new models in AoS, as proxies if need be. 

If they do re-release the old goblin wolf riders, I won't be using them, I'll use the new AoS wolf riders. 

3 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

While it may not be advertised as dual system, doesnt mean people wouldn't use new models in AoS, as proxies if need be. 

If they do re-release the old goblin wolf riders, I won't be using them, I'll use the new AoS wolf riders. 

Ofcourse, I am certainly planning to re-use some AoS stuff and certainly a lot of 3D printed mini's from Last Sword, Highland miniatures and AoW.

• Like 1

I guess what I want to know about Old World is; will any units from WFB that got directly replaced in AoS use their new models or the old ones? They say in the article that there won't be rules for Age of Sigmar models unless the unit existed in WFB8th - that to me suggests that the Warriors of Chaos faction will use the new Warriors, Knights and Chosen etc from the AoS Slaves to Darkness range, because they are the same unit as existed in Fantasy, just upscaled slightly and modernised. But it remains vague.

It would certainly make more sense than putting an older/worse version of the same unit back into production concurrently with the new one, and I feel like the previous announcement about base sizes going up was actually less about "dynamic posing" as they claimed and more to accommodate stuff like the new Chaos Warriors (and eventually Saurus Warriors). 

• Like 1

What I think is interesting is that nearly all main factions aren't really in AoS. 

Orcs&Goblins and High Elves have equivalent factions with Warclans and Lumineth but are different

Old Dwarfs and Woodelves are still in CoS but questionable how long

So the only factions who are really in both is Warriors of Chaos and Beastman

Meanwhile from the getting rules but not part of the narrative crowd 5 out of 7 are in AoS and both Chaos Dwarfs and Dark Elves are rumoured to be coming 

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, YoghurtKobold said:

It is absolutely insane that they are putting that old crusty Treelord in their promotional material when a new, better model exists.

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

I truly wonder if people are as hungry for old WHFB models and goblin green base rims as certain grognard spaces would have you believe.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

rqPXPux4hEdKOtOn.jpg

Well... it's Chaos alright, but throw a dart at a board to guess for which system.

The only interesting thing they could do with such an obvious thing is for it to be part of rubble on some non-chaos mini‘s base. As for the system, that‘s impossible to tell. It does remind of the Chaos upgrade sprue for rhinos and predators but it‘s about as vanilla as any chaos thingy can be. 

• Like 1