The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

My debut Black Library fiction, and the last short story in the Dawnbringers eshort week, is now up!

Wait do you mean debut as in your first book going in or debut as in you wrote it?

Either way excited for this! That’s the best thing about Kruleboyz is having greenskins that can actually outsmart you on multiple fronts instead of just getting lucky throwing muscle at a wall.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Wait do you mean debut as in your first book going in or debut as in you wrote it?

Either way excited for this! That’s the best thing about Kruleboyz is having greenskins that can actually outsmart you on multiple fronts instead of just getting lucky throwing muscle at a wall.

It's my first short story for Black Library, but it's not the first short story I'd ever written before :)

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Captaniser said:

You know, sometimes i am quite happy that AoS is not as popular as 40k, even my independant LGS supplier has sold out of the new releases this time, something that has never happened before.

Billede

Yeah, I've noticed recently that every single mildly interesting 4)k release lately seems to sell out before I even get a chance to think of picking up, like almost every boarding patrol box. Saves me money and all, but it reminds me of the days that every FOMO release was like that and I don't miss them at all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chikout said:

Dominion both did and didn't sell well. It sold more than Soul wars (gw said in their financial report that it was their best selling fantasy launch)  but they made a LOT more copies so it was arguably a disappointment. 

I really really Really hope they do the exact same thing for AoS4.

I don’t give a single toss about people saying “Hup it didn’t sell out in 2 weeks! What a flop!”. That pro-FOMO attitude for a edition starter sucks Squig droppings, Dominion over saturated the market but that allowed So Many hobbyists easy entry points into the hobby that aren’t hobby-hounds smashing pre-orders day one but average guys who stumble on it in a retailers a month later or had to wait until payday before getting one which if it dried up too fast left them out.

Dominion didn’t fly off the shelves but it had staying power and nearly Tripled the player base on forums. To me that’s infinitely better than treating it like a firework that makes a loud bang and then everyone forgets about.

• Like 19

37 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

I don’t give a single toss about people saying “Hup it didn’t sell out in 2 weeks! What a flop!”. That pro-FOMO attitude for a edition starter sucks Squig droppings

I've seen people use that fact to advocate the idea that no one liked Kruleboyz, that they were a flop and that it was a proof GW needed to go back to the classic burly Orc aesthetic from WHFB. 

26 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I've seen people use that fact to advocate the idea that no one liked Kruleboyz, that they were a flop and that it was a proof GW needed to go back to the classic burly Orc aesthetic from WHFB. 

Indomius and Dominion were both successful in terms of sales, both were failures in forecasting how many units were needed. 

Hopfully they'll get the new 40k box right so they'll get the 4th Ed AoS spot on. 

Also, don't forget Indomius and Dominion weren't starter boxes, they were launch boxes, only meant to be available for a short time, before the 3 starter sets take over.

14 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

The hugest of congrats to you mate!! This a massive achievement and you should be proud of yourself!!

Thank you, that's incredibly kind of you to say! I am feeling a bit proud, but it's just a small start, albeit hopefully one of many to come :)

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Pretty hilarious to hear that and then look at Reddit.

Sub-Reddit numbers:

Kruleboyz: 3300

Orruk Warclans: 3000

Ironjaw: 1000

Bonesplitterz: 120

Now this isn’t to say the others are unpopular* but that’s doing Exceedingly well when compared to how recent a new thing they are stacked up against older “beloved” designs.

*(it does also showcase older factions need a little more love. Before AoS3 Ironjawz & Fyreslayers we’re tied at 500 but after a little 3rd edition spotlight hit them the Ironjawz doubled and Fyreslayers are now getting closer to 2300. So GW please shine a Flood Light on Bonesplitterz 🙏)

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 4

Kruleboyz weren't an issue of aesthetic, it was an issue of rules. It was an issue of being one of the first battletomes in a system where GW does 'battletome creep'. Could have done even better with those new models if they'd kept up with keeping them competitive, at least better than... bottom tier XD

• Like 1

Hi, all. 

I haven't been following news updates on The Old World. Have there been any mentions on whether End Times kits will receive rules ingame? If not, do you think they will?

As a skaven player, I'm particularly interested in stormfiends and verminlords. My worry with stormfiends is that lore wise they're meant to have been a late stage skaven development, so may be excluded from TOW given it's set in an earlier period.

2 hours ago, Milford said:

Hi, all. 

I haven't been following news updates on The Old World. Have there been any mentions on whether End Times kits will receive rules ingame? If not, do you think they will?

As a skaven player, I'm particularly interested in stormfiends and verminlords. My worry with stormfiends is that lore wise they're meant to have been a late stage skaven development, so may be excluded from TOW given it's set in an earlier period.

The game is set 200 years before the end times so any special characters that weren't alive then will definitely be out. Verminlords have been around forever so they will definitely be ok. Stormfiends and other end times specific units are the big question. They seem to be really leaning into the retro vibe so my instinct is that they will be cut. Hopefully gw will be able to clarify things at Warhammer Fest. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Now this isn’t to say the others are unpopular* but that’s doing Exceedingly well when compared to how recent a new thing they are stacked up against older “beloved” designs.

Whilst I see your point, it is important to remember that Reddit isn't really representative of anything. A few thousand Reddit accounts across a customer base in the hundreds of thousands is statistically negligible. Not to have a go at you specifically Baron, It's just a problem that I think too many people have these days, equating online representation with real-life representation, which are worlds apart.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Hollow said:

Whilst I see your point, it is important to remember that Reddit isn't really representative of anything. A few thousand Reddit accounts across a customer base in the hundreds of thousands is statistically negligible. Not to have a go at you specifically Baron, It's just a problem that I think too many people have these days, equating online representation with real-life representation, which are worlds apart.

Oh I know, even redditors on large game forums joke their complaints are just a drop in the bucket compared to the rest of the world of gamers.

But it’s a heck of a lot better a measuring tool assessment than some salty naysayers in a echo chamber saying one starter set determines if nobody loves a faction. 😆

• Like 3

The problem I have with Kruleboyz is that they seemed to come at the expense of established factions getting much-needed love. A dozen new plastic kits for a faction that kind of came out of nowhere and didn't really seem to have prior demand. It was a strange choice IMO (although GW does work in mysterious ways, they frequently make decisions that just completely baffle me.) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hollow said:

The problem I have with Kruleboyz is that they seemed to come at the expense of established factions getting much-needed love. A dozen new plastic kits for a faction that kind of came out of nowhere and didn't really seem to have prior demand. It was a strange choice IMO (although GW does work in mysterious ways, they frequently make decisions that just completely baffle me.) 

I personally hope it’s just because Covid threw a wrench into their plans which they consolidated with Warclans and later we’ll see Kruleboyz split off with a seperate tome & second wave that was delayed.

Vulcha Cavalry, swamp beast light cavalry, insect monsters for the Skulbugz, something rusty mechanical for the Big Yellers like a AoS Killakan since they like to reverse-engineer advanced Ironweld weapons, another hobgrot  merc unit of boomsticks, etc.

Meanwhile Ironjawz & Bonesplitterz can get a quick update tome with a new Shaman hero and an armored Ironjawz Troggoth.

Dare to dream green. 

14 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

So are we heading into Warhammer Fest with any rumours or speculation?

Gallet campaign tome.

Spider Incarnate.

Cities 👏 of 👏 Sigmar 👏 reveals!

Also fun note, the new Blood knights novel “The Last Volari” has Devoted of Sigmar foot soldiers but they’re well-armored zealots rather than the near-naked flagellants we knew.

Could be a hint at an update to show how far they’ve come since the original flagellants in AoS were that way because the Age of Chaos destroyed their kingdoms and nations forcing them to live in caves until their celestial saviors rose up the desperate tribes around the Realms. 

s7gv7t7q6cz41.jpg
GB-Lector.jpg

image0.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Hollow said:

I love all the designs of the swamp orcs and have purchased a few of their sets. Design time here is a lot better spent than on new space marines (of any colour).

Since I don't care about the rules, the only loss for me is their name.

• Like 1

I also think they are nicely designed and I have a small force (which I plan to add to). I just think that in the broader context of the game, the resources used in their creation would have been better spent defining established factions further. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RileyArlic said:

Kruleboyz weren't an issue of aesthetic, it was an issue of rules. 

My main problem was about their small roster as a starting army and their rules.

After Nighthaunts, kruleboyz didn't have a lot going on: 2 named characters (one being double kit), 2 foot troops, no cavalry, no endless spells nor terrain, etc... didn't feel like a complete army even if they were in the starting box.

Then the rules... I must say that dirty tricks sounded really cool but more mortal wounds and 3 subfactions  (and 2 of them were really horrible) for the big villains of 3.0 was not a good start.

• Like 2