The Rumour Thread

9 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

Yeah, I've never been a fan of his mini (out Archaon's for that matter) so I am glad he's not an auto include.

I wish we had something a bit more like the old Mark Gibbons art

HwYPftdwLTHGL_rthlEK0Epz5a4gqS1VUky34ia9

I'm agree with you, I tend to dislike "miniatures" which cost more than 500 points.

Fortunaly, in this case we have Arkhan who is a "mini" Nagash already

Edited by Mungrun
  • Like 3

I just don't get why GW feel the need to give Nagash 8 casts a turn. It makes no sense lorewise (Teclis, the literal God of Magic, has 4 casts), and it makes even less sense gameplay-wise (most of the time Nagash won't even have good targets for 8 spells in a single turn, and if he miscasts, he's screwed). Seems to me Nagash's warscroll could easily have been fixed by reducing his casts to 4 per turn and reducing his cost by 250 points or so.

Edited by Lord Kroak
  • Like 6

10 minutes ago, Lord Kroak said:

I just don't get why GW feel the need to give Nagash 8 casts a turn. It makes no sense lorewise (Teclis, the literal God of Magic, has 4 casts), and it makes even less sense gameplay-wise (most of the time Nagash won't even have 8 spells available to cast in a single turn, and if he miscasts, he's screwed). Seems to me Nagash's warscroll could easily have been fixed by reducing his casts to 4 per turn and reducing his cost by 300 points or so.

4 casts/unbinds/dispells

9 rerolls to cast/unbind/dispell per battle (1 for each book)

16-18 wounds

5+ ward/each ward of 6 return 1 mw to enemy unit within x" range

4+ save

+3 to cast/unbind/dispell

Can return half of slain summonable unit for command ability

400-500 pts. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lord Kroak said:

I just don't get why GW feel the need to give Nagash 8 casts a turn. It makes no sense lorewise (Teclis, the literal God of Magic, has 4 casts), and it makes even less sense gameplay-wise (most of the time Nagash won't even have 8 spells available to cast in a single turn, and if he miscasts, he's screwed). Seems to me Nagash's warscroll could easily have been fixed by reducing his casts to 4 per turn and reducing his cost by 300 points or so.

He can do 8 a turn tho, he has 5 spells available to him (his 2 warscroll ones, mystic shield, arcane bolt and the realm spell) before adding the army lore and any endless spells. 

I like the new warscroll, more wounds, a proper ward save and increases the ward of those around him. 

Unlimited unbindings, the ability to bring back units and increased healing on units. 

Bit sad he's lost gaze of nagash. 

Overall feels he's more part of the army around him, constantly raising from the dead, need to try him out in a few games now. 

1 minute ago, cofaxest said:

4 casts/unbinds/dispells

16-18 wounds

4+ save

400-500 pts. 

I mean, why not. But also: Krondys is 550 pts 💔

51 minutes ago, cofaxest said:

4 casts/unbinds/dispells

16-18 wounds

4+ save

400-500 pts. 

Please no, Nagash is a god, and should be treated as such. His new warscroll would be fine if it was pointed appropriately, probably in the 700-800 ballpark.

It is incredibly strange that they upped his points cost whilst taking some stuff out of his warscroll. Don't they check and see that nobody used Nagash at 900+ points? Also why did they significantly buff Archaon and give him a points decrease then do this to Nagash who is just worse than Archaon? Confusing. I hope he gets a significant points reduction in the next GHB.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flippy said:

I understand your point and I will be very sad if it turns out that they made Katakros or Arkhan unplayable. But Nagash... Guess I just don't like him as a character and I don't really appreciate big (way too big) show off models. I would be cool with GW benching him for some time to let the Death factions breath.

Katakros was arguable better than Nagash before and he will be now, for about half the point costs.
It's a weird one with Nagash, I actually want him to be raw death power, yet somehow he turns out to be a support hero.

However we'll see if he can be used to win (which is certainly the case), does he feel like the god of death though? Well at least for me that's not the case. :)

2 hours ago, cofaxest said:

4 casts/unbinds/dispells

16-18 wounds

4+ save

400-500 pts. 

He still lacks the immunity to miscasts for unknown reasons?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

He still lacks the immunity to miscasts for unknown reasons?

I'm not sure why Nagash should have immunity to miscasts. In his lore he tends to take big risks and is pretty careless. He may be powerful, but he's also a bit of an idiot.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Lord Kroak said:

I'm not sure why Nagash should have immunity to miscasts. In his lore he tends to take big risks and is pretty careless. He may be powerful, but he's also a bit of an idiot.

He's been a mage for tens of thousands of years, yet he may fail his first cast which stops him from doing anything he's supposed to be good at.
He's a god that relies primarily on magic, yet he's too unexperienced to cast simple spells, really? :D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JackStreicher said:

He's been a mage for tens of thousands of years, yet he may fail his first cast which stops him from doing anything he's supposed to be good at.
He's a god that relies primarily on magic, yet he's too unexperienced to cast simple spells, really? :D

Magic is inherently unstable, no matter who wields it. I've been casting spells for far longer than Nagash. I used magic to reshape the world at the dawn of time, and taught magic to the first elves while Nagash's first ancestors were still in diapers, and yet I'm still vulnerable to miscasts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 14

9 minutes ago, Lord Kroak said:

Those have been spells that are powerful enough to destroy all life on a planet, not standard battle spells. Also that is always because Skaven have disrupted things in some way, not because he is incapable.

imo he should in the "9 Books of Nagash" rules have something like: once a turn, if you roll double 1's, re-roll your casting roll. THis means he still can fall afoul of the miscast rule, but it is statistically far more unlikely as he would have to do it twice in a turn.

Also imo it should say: in addition, he can use the enhanced effects of lore of Vampires and Deathmages (as well as any other Death force that gets this) with a roll of 9+, ignoring the "unmodified" roll requirement.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

That's one of the greatest balls ups of the AoS pointing strategy.

From a marketing and sales point of view I do think a trick has been missed by the team.

In 40k a 1000 point game can consist of a primarch and some core units and be legit, in AoS you can't run the archaon or nagash figureheads at 1k, and that's a massive oversight from a small game perspective.

Ive been saying for years the way the point AoS is so bad compared to 40k but since AoS was supposed to be a much smaller skirmish game they wanted less time and models on the table so everything has massive points costs compared to 40k

25 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Ive been saying for years the way the point AoS is so bad compared to 40k but since AoS was supposed to be a much smaller skirmish game they wanted less time and models on the table so everything has massive points costs compared to 40k

Oh I totally get that,  at 1000 points it would be fun to have the big boys slugging it out with just a unit or two as support.

I think that would allow for some nice heroic duels, and due to model count would be a really quick game.

Edited by Kaleb Daark
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

Oh I totally get that,  at 1000 points it would be fun to have the big boys slugging it out with just a unit or two as support.

I think that would allow for some nice heroic duels, and due to model count would be a really quick game.

Most normal Supreme Commanders and LoWs in 40k arent even close to these crazy bad points costs

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

I thought this was possible in Open Play?