The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, EntMan said:

finally... very glad to see this finally happening after a bunch of us constantly yelling about it every chance (survey) we got!!!!

58 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

The recycling programme in principle is a great news and I'd happily participate even without incentives (cashback, vouchers, whatever). But it needs to be implemented with the actual common good philosophy at its foundations and not just become another corporate brand 'oh look at us, the good guys' thing.

Agreed, and I was pleasantly surprised that the list of trial stores was so large. I'm sorry none are close enough to you to be worth the drive, hopefully those spots were picked because they are high(er) traffic stores.

the good news is when people KNOW they can help out, they usually do. so I feel safe in saying I think this program will have a great trial run.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grungnisson said:

The recycling programme in principle is a great news and I'd happily participate even without incentives (cashback, vouchers, whatever). But it needs to be implemented with the actual common good philosophy at its foundations and not just become another corporate brand 'oh look at us, the good guys' thing.

(Green washing)

If they sell their Sprues (which they will for sure) I want them to grant incentives for the consumers. I am not a fan of I-recycle-so-you-get-richer

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

(Green washing)

If they sell their Sprues (which they will for sure) I want them to grant incentives for the consumers. I am not a fan of I-recycle-so-you-get-richer

There is a large recycling station close to where I live, which categorizes plastics very thoroughly. There isn't really any reason for me to go out of my way to transport any leftover sprues to an actual GW store. Perhaps a voucher for how many pounds you bring in? 

• Like 1

So going through the GW webstore for repricing. I noticed that Skink priest, Saurus Knights and the Scar-Vet on Cold One are no longer available for purchase... or are even shown on the site. Also Chameleon skinks have been removed but that shouldnt be a surprise. 

Could this mean they're just getting squatted entirely or we really are getting new sculpts? 

Edited by DinoJon
Skink Priest MIA too
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, DinoJon said:

So going through the GW webstore for repricing. I noticed that Saurus Knights and the Scar-Vet on Cold One are no longer available for purchase... or are even shown on the site. Also Chameleon skinks have been removed but that shouldnt be a surprise. 

Could this mean they're just getting squatted entirely or we really are getting new sculpts? 

im sure they will be updated. hopefully the saurus knights box can make the character as opposed to wasting a seperate 'slot' on it :P

SF

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

9 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

So going through the GW webstore for repricing. I noticed that Skink priest, Saurus Knights and the Scar-Vet on Cold One are no longer available for purchase... or are even shown on the site. Also Chameleon skinks have been removed but that shouldnt be a surprise. 

Haven't Chameleon Skinks been gone for a long time now?

7 hours ago, EntMan said:

Me, trying to work out Games Workshop's definitions of the seasons when applied to road maps and release schedules:

image.png.9c4518fbe66fe11c4b83e4f80ae7a982.png

....I don't know, can you repeat the question?

Sorry, I read "yes, no, maybe" first.

To make up for my spam look at Poopi-Looiti in his natrual habitat.

r/ageofsigmar - I can't unsee the new Skink Starseer as him sitting on a toilet scrolling reddit so I made this so others can suffer as I do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 17
  • LOVE IT! 1

22 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

I think it's fairly safe to assume knights and Kroxigors will be getting new sculpts with them being unavailable and not just temporary out of stock. 

They can't do a whole range refresh and leave the worst looking models.

Don't misplace my faith in you GW!!! 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

25 minutes ago, StarFyreXXX said:

im sure they will be updated. hopefully the saurus knights box can make the character as opposed to wasting a seperate 'slot' on it :P

SF

Oof, no no no that's the last thing you want. Buying a whole box just so you can make a single character model? If AoS allowed understrength units it'd be fine but as is mixing a character model into a unit box is a terrible idea. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Grimrock said:

Oof, no no no that's the last thing you want. Buying a whole box just so you can make a single character model? If AoS allowed understrength units it'd be fine but as is mixing a character model into a unit box is a terrible idea. 

It's seems unlikely. AoS seems to stick to the "whatever's in a box = the smallest unit if that thing" rule in a way that 40k doesn't.

3 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

(Green washing)

Well we've made them richer by buying models often enough. How much better if it's at least for a good cause? I have a frankly embarrassing pile of old sprues sitting around in boxes from 20 or so odd years of this hobby. If they were doing this in my country I'd be more than happy to clip everything and make the trip to the not so local gw. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, EntMan said:

I usually impart my negativity on BoC and Skaven's model treatment (or lack thereof).

But this. This is fantastic news. Love that. Hopefully this then expands to being able to send plastic over as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JerekKruger said:

It's seems unlikely. AoS seems to stick to the "whatever's in a box = the smallest unit if that thing" rule in a way that 40k doesn't.

The SC Dragonriders let you field an understrength unit alongside the hero build, so it's not without precedent.