The Rumour Thread

57 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I have this weird feeling that the next two battletomes are going to be announced on Saturday...

Also  in completely unrelated news a metawatch article. 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/03/02/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-metawatch-unpacking-the-impacts-of-the-generals-handbook/

Beasts of Chaos dominating the meta? What parallel dimension did I fall into?

• Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

10 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I'd love to see the OBR tome announced. That faction has a lot of potential even with just a rules update. I want to see what they look like with good, thematic 3rd edition rules instead of 2nd edition beta test rules.

There is also a chance we will get a new Arkhan model with their battletome. His old body was destroyed by Eltharion during Broken Realms, after all.

Plus, I want to know what models I need to buy to finish my 2000 point list. Will Immortis Guard finally be playable? Probably not, but I'd like to know.

I don't think we will see a new Arkhan. I'm expecting some sort of priest hero since OBR doesn;t have a priest.

I completely agree thought that this army doesn't really NEED new units, just the rules tweaked a bit to be on course for 3.0. I'm super excited for this release!!

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Beasts of Chaos dominating the meta? What parallel dimension did I fall into?

21 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Hmm, @KingBrodd buys into Beasts of Chaos just before it's announced they are meta leaders. Has he done a deal with Tzeentch to get early access to GW info? 

coincidence-think.gif

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

image.png.dd4faf3762d459d49086446856bcb5a0.png

So what do we think 2 chaos tomes or are they going to mix it up with 1 death? I would assume Khorne and SBG with 1 new vampire foot hero casue we obviously need one and a khorne priest for the laughs :P  maybe they could tie them to warcry warbands ?

32 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

HOW COULD YOU @KingBrodd?! You who represented plying a faction for fun, have fallen to the meta side!!! 

Firaun, Chancellor Brodd is evil! 

…and of course we‘re not mentioning the constantly high winrate of our Tzeentch forces here! 😇

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

There is a open day at warhammer world where they'll be showcasing some new stuff. 

So we'll at the very least see the next 2 battletomes. 

Oh yeah, so will they be putting the Warhammer world reveals online?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Oh yeah, so will they be putting the Warhammer world reveals online?

Yes, if they do it how they did before. 

When I went to a open day a few years ago (new Gloomspite and genestealer cults were shown), every hour or so they put something new on display and put an article out online. 

Ironically, I saw each new thing first online as the new stuff wasn't announced at all and just put on display in one of the many cabinets there on the day. 

• Thanks 2

So is the showcase tomorrow or Saturday or both? I assume Saturday as that's when the books will be revealed (also hope whatever unit(s) coming with each is shown too!).

On a personal note I collect Slaanesh and Vamps so I hope for those, but seeing Khorne and/or OBR would still be cool. Hoping we get a new Valkia, don't collect Khorne but would be tempted to get her to ally into my StD!

I feel for 30k players for today's reveal, being very underwhelming. 5 sets of despoiler weapons, but you need 2 sets to actually make a minimum squad, and 4 sets to make a full squad, AND it's resin...

But, I'm looking forward to seeing what 2 of the 4 remaining battletomes we'll see. It's really a coin-toss. I'm personally guessing they'll do 1 death and 1 chaos. Despite Soulblight being near bottom of the meta according to that last article, I think Bonereapers need it a little more, so Khorne + Bonereapers would be a nice reveal. 

5 minutes ago, RileyArlic said:

I feel for 30k players for today's reveal, being very underwhelming. 5 sets of despoiler weapons, but you need 2 sets to actually make a minimum squad, and 4 sets to make a full squad, AND it's resin...

But, I'm looking forward to seeing what 2 of the 4 remaining battletomes we'll see. It's really a coin-toss. I'm personally guessing they'll do 1 death and 1 chaos. Despite Soulblight being near bottom of the meta according to that last article, I think Bonereapers need it a little more, so Khorne + Bonereapers would be a nice reveal. 

I believe Soulblight have already been getting reboxed, so it seems a given it'll be them I'm afraid. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

HOW COULD YOU @KingBrodd?! You who represented plying a faction for fun, have fallen to the meta side!!! 

2 hours ago, MitGas said:

Firaun, Chancellor Brodd is evil! 

…and of course we‘re not mentioning the constantly high winrate of our Tzeentch forces here! 😇

20230302_205722.png

• Haha 5