The Rumour Thread

Spoiler

Necromunda
Cawdor riders
Cawdor expansion pack
Outlander Beastmaster Millisaurs & Ripperjacks  (Forgeworld)

Age of Sigmar
Gloomspite dices?
Beasts of Chaos dices & warscroll cards?
Special Darkoath
Summer Order Battletome
Spring Chaos Battletome
Spring Chaos Battletome
Spring Death Battletome
Spring Death Battletome
Seraphon Battletome - Slann, Saurus, Skink riders

Warcry
Bloodhunt - Khorne vs Vampires
Nightmare's Quest

Underworlds
Morathi Aelves + rival's deck

Horus Heresy
Salamander heads + Pauldrons (Forgeworld)
Word Bearers heads + Pauldrons (Forgeworld)
Alpha Legion heads + Pauldrons (Forgeworld)
Raven Guard heads + Pauldrons (Forgeworld)
Exodus (Forgeworld)
Typhon Heavy Siege Tank
Scimitar bikes
Cerberus Heavy Tank Destroyer

Warhammer 40k
Astra Militarum Combat Patrol, Rough Riders, Commissar
Special Commissar
World Eaters Full Release World Eaters Combat Patrol
Azrael, Dark Angel
Wrath of the Soul Forge King
Strike Force Agastus
Brutalis Dreadnought
Desolation Squad
Primaris Lieutenant
Arks of Omen: Angron
Arks of Omen: Vashtorr + Vashtorr
Arks of Omen: Unknown
Boarding boxes (CSM & Ultramarines) Boarding Boxes CSM
Boarding bases
Battleforce CSM Boarding

Kill Team 
Adeptus Arbites vs Drukhari

LotR
Osgiliath terrain boxes

Blood Bowl
Bruce

World Eaters less the Combat Patrol

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/01/29/sunday-preview-get-mad-as-hell-and-fight-the-entire-galaxy

A lot of content has not been released in three weeks: Astra Militarum, Gloomspite&BoC dice and cards and World Eaters Combat Patrol now.

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

BOC definitely deserved more than a single model treatment. Though I would much rather a BOC Warband than a Slaneesh one.

Why not both? Regardless I've been more or less spoiled this Warcry season: Hashut boys, the new Tzeentch war band and the vampire samurai are all instant buys for me. 

7 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Necromunda
Cawdor riders
Outlander Beastmaster Millisaurs & Ripperjacks  (Forgeworld)

Age of Sigmar
Summer Order Battletome
Spring Chaos Battletome
Spring Chaos Battletome
Spring Death Battletome
Spring Death Battletome
Seraphon Battletome - Slann, Saurus, Skink riders

Warcry
Bloodhunt - Khorne vs Vampires
Nightmare's Quest

Underworlds
Morathi Aelves + rival's deck

Horus Heresy
Salamander heads + Pauldrons (Forgeworld)
Word Bearers heads + Pauldrons (Forgeworld)
Alpha Legion heads + Pauldrons (Forgeworld)
Raven Guard heads + Pauldrons (Forgeworld)
Exodus (Forgeworld)
Typhon Heavy Siege Tank
Scimitar bikes
Cerberus Heavy Tank Destroyer

Warhammer 40k
Astra Militarum Combat Patrol, Rough Riders, Commissar
World Eaters Full Release World Eaters Combat Patrol
Azrael, Dark Angel
Wrath of the Soul Forge King
Strike Force Agastus
Brutalis Dreadnought
Desolation Squad
Primaris Lieutenant
Arks of Omen: Angron
Arks of Omen: Vashtorr + Vashtorr
Arks of Omen: Unknown
Boarding boxes (CSM & Ultramarines) Boarding Boxes CSM
Boarding bases
Battleforce CSM Boarding

Kill Team 
Adeptus Arbites vs Drukhari

LotR
Osgiliath terrain boxes

Blood Bowl
Bruce

World Eaters

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/01/29/sunday-preview-get-mad-as-hell-and-fight-the-entire-galaxy

I'm torn on this one, I don't really like Khorne but those berserkers would look amazing in Night Lords Blue.... @MitGasand @Neverchosen, your thoughts?

9 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Why not both? Regardless I've been more or less spoiled this Warcry season: Hashut boys, the new Tzeentch war band and the vampire samurai are all instant buys for me. 

I'm torn on this one, I don't really like Khorne but those berserkers would look amazing in Night Lords Blue.... @MitGasand @Neverchosen, your thoughts?

I think that the models are very well sculpted but I share your thoughts on Khrone. Namely of all the Chaos Gods I find Khorne's worshippers to be the most similar aesthetically to Undivided. 

But I messed around with a few schemes and blue looks great on them but I am partial to giving them bone armour. So my take is that they are great but the CSM Battle Force and eventual Boarding actions sets interest me significantly more.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

Also, i guess i am waiting for the Seraphon to get their release this summer. Their lore and style has always endeared me, but the outdated nature of the sculptures has always held me from collecting them. If they update the Saurus knights and give us a sauropod like dinosaur i will collect little else but them. 

I even had plans on starting a Gloomspite force, but the motivation has been completely redirected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, GrimDork said:

Just noticed the design date on the squig boss sprue is 2021!

I think the longest one was for some of the plastic Dwarf releases in 2013. They were back dated to 2010 I think? 

Interestingly judging by what some former 'Eavy Metal painters have said, they can paint something and not see it released for about two years.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

Also, i guess i am waiting for the Seraphon to get their release this summer. Their lore and style has always endeared me, but the outdated nature of the sculptures has always held me from collecting them. If they update the Saurus knights and give us a sauropod like dinosaur i will collect little else but them. 

I even had plans on starting a Gloomspite force, but the motivation has been completely redirected.

Yeah I have been tempted by Seraphon. I knew I would be if they ever got refreshed but, damn, those models! I have far too much to build and paint but I think if there is a good army box like StD got I will probably give in to the temptation!

19 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Oh Id love more minis for absolutely everyone!! My guess is that once this next box drops we will have a single Warband released seperately just like the Legionaires to make it up to 10 Warbands.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captaniser said:

My feelings exactly. I even have the Squigalanche box in the basement and planned to order the GSG Vanguard & book yesterday. Then BOOM! Warriors of the Stars appear in a flash and I can suddenly see the elements of the Great Plan. Squigs must stay in the basement, where they naturally belong.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Oh Id love more minis for absolutely everyone!! My guess is that once this next box drops we will have a single Warband released seperately just like the Legionaires to make it up to 10 Warbands.

If im not mistsken there were 11 total before it officially became 2nd season. 

• Thanks 1

Also I do find it odd that they put warscrolls into tomes of units you can not purchase anymore - the Underworlds bands. I understand for those who purchased them but for a noob coming in "hey there's a Mollogs Mob hero id like to play. Oh wait, theres no model for it?" 🙁

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I think the longest one was for some of the plastic Dwarf releases in 2013. They were back dated to 2010 I think? 

Interestingly judging by what some former 'Eavy Metal painters have said, they can paint something and not see it released for about two years.

Knowing people who've worked behind the scenes in the studio and elsewhere, yeah it can be like that. At least one sculptor I've spoke to had their first figure delayed to the point where another 4 kits they'd worked on after they finished it came out before it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

@Chikout

Heres a rough scale if they're on 32s. 

20230129_065205.jpg.911bb63a79e4b92309fb5396ce08d6de.jpg

I was expecting 40s but they're really cool scuplts. 

29 minutes ago, KingKull said:

Well, there goes a lot of my hype for this whole release.

I for one am happy they're on 32mm bases. Means that people can still use their old saurus models without rebasing if they want or need to. Also the saurus from starblood stalkers is on a 32mm and imo it doesn't look bad or weird in any way

• Like 11
  • LOVE IT! 2

29 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Do you mind explaining why?  In this picture the Kruleboy and the saurus look small but that's only because the Stormcast is massive. 

I really shouldn't have commented in the first place, as the comment itself wasn't constructive.

Knowing that lizards were the first GW models I ever fell in love with and that they'll receive a massive update soon, my friend group (which now plays exclusively AoS) bought me Lord Kroak for birthday, and upon learning all that I was over the moon all things considered.

I tried to get into AoS a couple times before (back when all of the friends in question played 40k) but got demotivated both times, thought this time would be different (I told myself I'd ignore the lore, just paint models I love and play games).

Thing with the Saurus is that the idea they were hulking, exceptionally large "basic" infantry appealed to me (in WHFB terms, the largest non-monstrous infantry along the likes of orcs and WoC, or gors, compared to "standard-sized" humans, undead humans, elves etc).

Now that I see that an anaemic orc is not just taller, but also bulkier than the saurus, the saurus don't seem exceptionally large, but rather that this apparently *is* the baseline infantry size for AoS (goblins, dwarves and other stunties notwithstanding).

I didn't want to pursue this line of thought further here for reasons mentioned, but thanks for asking and giving me the option to vent here rather than gak on my friends' parade.

In a vacuum I still think the models are beyond lovely and I'm happy to see that lizard fans from all backgrounds seem to love. I'll definitely get some to paint at least.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

Whoa, whoa, whoa, heh, maybe folks forget that kruleboyz are lanky but a basic gutrippa is 7' tall strong as hell brute. Albeit a skinny one. I remember reading that one couldnt rip a mans arm off like an ironjawz brute but could easily pull it out of socket. Show some respect!😜That's pretty beefy.

The basic saurus seems pretty beefy to me too! SE are just a massive unit is all. 

I think they look great. And as they stated Im sure they've got some monster infantry on the way via a kroxigor redux or something new. 

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Captaniser said:

If anyone ever complains about a lack of clear, transparent roadmaps and communication, see posts like this. It's not incompetence on GW's part. They know exactly what they're doing.

And I don't want it to seem like I'm saying this as an attack against Captaniser or anything of the sort---it just seems like a frequent topic of discussion here. And on that note, I was going to start a World Eaters army, but then I saw the Seraphon update ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 2

6 hours ago, KingKull said:

I really shouldn't have commented in the first place, as the comment itself wasn't constructive.

Knowing that lizards were the first GW models I ever fell in love with and that they'll receive a massive update soon, my friend group (which now plays exclusively AoS) bought me Lord Kroak for birthday, and upon learning all that I was over the moon all things considered.

I tried to get into AoS a couple times before (back when all of the friends in question played 40k) but got demotivated both times, thought this time would be different (I told myself I'd ignore the lore, just paint models I love and play games).

Thing with the Saurus is that the idea they were hulking, exceptionally large "basic" infantry appealed to me (in WHFB terms, the largest non-monstrous infantry along the likes of orcs and WoC, or gors, compared to "standard-sized" humans, undead humans, elves etc).

Now that I see that an anaemic orc is not just taller, but also bulkier than the saurus, the saurus don't seem exceptionally large, but rather that this apparently *is* the baseline infantry size for AoS (goblins, dwarves and other stunties notwithstanding).

I didn't want to pursue this line of thought further here for reasons mentioned, but thanks for asking and giving me the option to vent here rather than gak on my friends' parade.

In a vacuum I still think the models are beyond lovely and I'm happy to see that lizard fans from all backgrounds seem to love. I'll definitely get some to paint at least.

Compare the Saurus to a normal human infantry (Witch aelves, Freeguild guard etc.) and they’re twice the mass, at least.

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Compare the Saurus to a normal human infantry (Witch aelves, Freeguild guard etc.) and they’re twice the mass, at least.

Yeah, AoS is very much turned up to 11 compared to WFB. They're are a lot more really big, nasty dudes around. As @Kronos shows, they're similarly bulky, if not a bit bulkier than Chaos Warriors, who were always up there on the bulk side in WFB. They're still big, they're just in a world with more other big dudes.

Also worth remembering that Stormcast are big. They are bigger in comparison to normal humans than Space Marines are, so we're probably taking 8-9 feet tall (2.5-3m ish). They make pretty much every other infantry unit, apart from Chaos Chosen, look small (and even Chosen look small compared to Stormcast Paladins).

As for Kruleboyz, they're still orcs (or orruks I guess). They might not be Ironjawz big, but few things are. They'll dwarf normal humans.

So don't worry, Saurus will still be big and fearsome, they just now live in a world with other big fearsome stuff too.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, KriticalKhan said:

If anyone ever complains about a lack of clear, transparent roadmaps and communication, see posts like this. It's not incompetence on GW's part. They know exactly what they're doing.

And I don't want it to seem like I'm saying this as an attack against Captaniser or anything of the sort---it just seems like a frequent topic of discussion here. And on that note, I was going to start a World Eaters army, but then I saw the Seraphon update ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No offense taken, we are all victims of corporate marketing techniques from time to time

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

I think they look great in Khornate colors already but I like all 4 four cult troops. I might try an Issac Clarke color scheme (lots of bronze). I LOVE Dead Space and with me playing its remake right now and always digging the engineering suit, I think about going that route. Loving all the cults might be down to me being used to having had access to all of them before CSM got separated into their respective forces. I‘ll get a unit of them as a Kill Team. I‘d like to get 1 for each of them (yes, even Nurgle) but let‘s see if I‘m not too lazy for 4 KTs (5 if I go for an Undivided one as well - I got the hors for Word Bearers too, I always found them the scariest CSM - religious fanaticism is something that frightens me as there‘s even less room for reasoning with such clowns)… 😇 

The good thing is that you can easily paint them in NL colors (they’d also look great in dark blue and bronze I figure) and it still makes sense (strictly speaking, NL aren‘t exactly likely to devote themselves like that but there are surely exceptions). Only Thousand Sons are from their original legion after all (if we adhere to the fluff) but in theory every other cult trooper isn‘t locked into their original legion. So you go right ahead and do as you please. 👌

And personally I dig Khorne too although I think GW makes them a bit too one-sided at times. While I wouldn‘t collect a whole army of them, I totally get the appeal. Hate and mindless carnage, what‘s not to like? But I like all Chaos forces (and not just those either….), it‘s just that I happen to like Tzeentch best. 

Sorry for the long post.

Edited by MitGas
  • Like 2